What's new

New in bay option

soonermajic

Reaction score
Coach - you have to use a quality polish/protectant product that adds shine and beads water and people will love it. If you are just using colored soap, people will realize that is the case and you will not get as much usage.
What 3x Foam do you use? & approximate cost?

washnshine

Reaction score
What 3x Foam do you use? & approximate cost?
I don’t have triple foam in my self serve, but I generally use Quest or Simoniz in my tunnels. JBS has a new ceramic triple foam out that looks like it would be perfect for self serve because it has the ceramic properties of shine and protection in a triple foam - exactly what self serve customers will want. I have not tried it because in my opinion, it would be overkill in a tunnel or automatic that is already offering hot wax, ceramic sealant and/or rain repellent. But if I did have ss triple foam, I would definitely give it a shot.

Another thing you can do is set up a carnauba wax or ceramic sealant splatter gun - no need for the three products or as much set up in the back room. You’d just be dispensing one product/color but it would be high quality. Kleen Rite advertises a How Wax and Shine self serve set up package in their site. Of course you can use any product you want - anything with good color and scent that shines and beads would be appealing. I honestly don’t know if three colors is better than one (in terms of customer preference), as long as the show and result is outstanding.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
JBS has a new ceramic triple foam out that looks like it would be perfect for self serve because it has the ceramic properties of shine and protection in a triple foam
Except that a product of that type should only be used on a clean car or it may seal in dirt. I wouldn't put something like that in the hands of the customer. FWIW I use Simoniz UVP which you can't really use wrong unless you leave it on the car, and even then it comes off easily.

washnshine

Reaction score
Except that a product of that type should only be used on a clean car or it may seal in dirt. I wouldn't put something like that in the hands of the customer. FWIW I use Simoniz UVP which you can't really use wrong unless you leave it on the car, and even then it comes off easily.
True - there is always that risk with high end sealants and protectants but many operators do use those types of products in self serves and also in TF’s that may not be addressing all types of seasonal soils. The self serve model does put all of the responsibility on the customer, which can be problematic for some people.

OurTown

Reaction score
Don't forget (as I recently learned) that if you are in a freeze prone area and using a sealant/wax/protectant on a foam gun then you will need to weep or have a blow down/antifreeze system. Apparently you can mix methanol into the foam conditioners but not the protectants.

wrightwash

Reaction score
Looking for input on everyone's popular in bay options as far as soap,bug,tire cleaner ,presoak,foam brush. Currently just have soap rinse wax and foam brush. Wanted to add air dryers but I've went to 4 diffrent washes one being kleenrite branded wash and none of them had enough air flow to do much of anything. So I've switched my thinking to another option on the dial. Thanks
My tire cleaner or presoak is utilized by almost every customer. I'm currently just running them through the HP wand.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with presoak. Can any harm be done by using a high ph presoak in a self serv application. My supplier has one that says it's good for the road film and salt film things get in the winter but I just want to make sure a customer can't do any harm to themselves or their car with the high ph.

washnshine

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with presoak. Can any harm be done by using a high ph presoak in a self serv application. My supplier has one that says it's good for the road film and salt film things get in the winter but I just want to make sure a customer can't do any harm to themselves or their car with the high ph.
10 is high pH and 14 is also high pH. It depends - there are variables and different degrees of how high. Also, will they let it dwell on their dry car for 5 minutes on a hot summer day. Most ss operators don’t risk too much, and I think that is very wise.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
10 is high pH and 14 is also high pH. It depends - there are variables and different degrees of how high. Also, will they let it dwell on their dry car for 5 minutes on a hot summer day. Most ss operators don’t risk too much, and I think that is very wise.
That'd my concern. But I would also like to give a better experience and a cleaner car. I've tested with my personal car and if you foam brush it's clean but without it there's still a haze on the paint.

Reaction score
Do u guys really believe that Triple Foam is great in SS bays?
Just seems like it could be a lot of issues? Is the juice worth the squeeze?
The triple foam tends to mix up and ends up turning brown half the time. Looks great when it works properly. I got tired of it so I just run one color but people love it make sure your throwing shaving cream and they will spray it all day.

Dryers work great specifically with cc patron. A $2 customer will spend $10, good for motorcycles too.