What's new

New Construction Single Automatic

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why would a reclaim be required if the land will use well water???

JonKush

Reaction score
CuriousDel, something you mentioned caught my eye. I think you said that no water reclaim was included in your bid. Check with the building department that will issue the permits. Many require a reclaim system in any new wash. Just one of those little $40,000 items you don't want to be surprised with.
It all depends. I know in Ft. Lauderdale if your building is so many years old and you dont do more than a 50% upgrade to your existing building alot of things will get Grandfathered in. But then to save water costs and things of that nature you would be crazy not to have one. Plus if you are able to put a water well in then you will really be saving alot of $$$.

mac

Reaction score
Waxman, your problem is that you are thinking like a common sense business owner, not a beauracrat. Some places say that any new wash have a reclaim.

CuriousDel

Reaction score
so far we are uncertain whether it will be city water or well water that will be used. If it's city we would have to go with a reclaim, if its the well then I am not sure of as of yet. Even though, we go the well route It was suggested to install a couple tanks whether in couple years they require it to be reclaim with the shortage of water already going on in other parts of the world and so forth. Now I realize there is an above ground reclaim system as well. I will just have to wait and see what the state wants me to do.

As far as the quote, I did receive one, it is as follows.

New Laserwash system ~78k

Pump station to generate water pressure and booster ~3k

On-board dryer ~17k

Signage ~2k

Acess system ~16k

Door control etc ~4k

Install ~10k Subtotal 130k

Options-Other

Air Compressor, drains, reflectors ~3k

Softners ~4.5k

Spot Free ~8.5k

Alaska Doors ~15k

DE-ICE System -12k

Total 195,000

+200k for new construction bulding including electrical, plumbing, etc.

What do you guys think? Your input would be greatly apperciated especially those who did build from ground up new construction. Inital costs etc.

Etowah

CuriousDel

Reaction score
are quality doors usually around 15k? I did look into a Hamilton auto-teller unit and with the price nearing almost 20k, I think the PDQ access is fine for around 11-12k. From what I can see the few extra features doesn't really justify the more cost. Maybe, someone else can chime in on why they would rather have a hamilton or why it might be justified to pay that much more.

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
Make more money

It not expensive to pay attention:)
If you have less than 7 years car washing experience you should allow an expert like Mr. Roman run your build Do what he recommends.
Distributors will sell you the latest.Not the greatest,for lots more than its worth. All your profits will be paid to distributor for services like soap, parts and labor. If your lucky your can keep 20 % of your gross.
12,000.00 of profit a year for 400,000.00 investment ? Not to mention many extra hours it takes to be successful.
Three words sum up success in carwash business , Weather Weather Location.
If you have 400,000 buy your relatives / friends mortgages @ 5 % you will make more money

mac

Reaction score
I would pay very close attention to what Mr GTE says and ponder it a lot. A few quick notes on your quote. Does the access system include a credit card reader? The moron PDQ dealer in FL does not put them at the access unit. I know from firsthand experience that having one will increase card sales by 20 to 30%.
3K for an air compressor is slightly high for a good one. Make sure though that he is not quoting a piece of junk from Home Depot, and make sure it has a three phase motor.
4.5K for softeners is also high, by about double what I normally sell.
8.5K for the RO is really high, again about double.
Going back to MR GTE, if your site really kicks butt, expect to have more automatics sprout up like mushrooms. I would ask the equipment seller for an exclusive area, say 3 mile radius, of your site. If not don't be surprised to see one right across the street. I am also assuming that the wash will be tied into your gas pumps.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
You might also take a look at wwwcarwashconsignment.com. They get some pretty decent prices on some used stuff, especially friction equipment.

carwash1

Reaction score
JonKush How much is an Istobal M12 , that's both. Touch, and Touch-Free. You are adding a building to your building. What is total cost with install per machine? Minus price of the new building.How is the company support?

JonKush

Reaction score
JonKush How much is an Istobal M12 , that's both. Touch, and Touch-Free. You are adding a building to your building. What is total cost with install per machine? Minus price of the new building.How is the company support?
If you like you can shoot me an email at monster12182000@yahoo.com. I will give you some info.

Jon