What's new

New chemistry that I almost passed on - then WOW

washnshine

Reaction score
All I can say is that after 2 years of carnuba out of the rain bar
(Because we felt like we needed the “show” for the top wash)
And I had the carnuba turned down half of what we used to put on
Then a rinse pass -a strong rinse pass thru the arch
Then ceramic

I ve quit worrying about the “show” and more about the finished product/look of the car
Take carnuba out of the mix

Straight ceramic cars shine brighter and dry easier
Add Graphene to the mix
They get shinier and dry even better
And the shine lasts longer!

We shaved about 45 seconds off the length of the wash
Right. Trying to make a product “showy” will use a lot or product and rinse water. I have a tunnel, but my specialty products are just put on through standard nozzles/k nozzles and they work beautifully. We have the signs and lights, but don’t do the waterfall/lava or rain bar applications, as it can be overuse of the product. I never tried to make my carnauba look linked lava - it was always just an arch application for me. It works just as well.

Cmofo

Reaction score
Nova is the Ceramic

Zenith is getting tested now for the new top wash package
Its a graphene product
Thanks! I have started working with a ChemQuest rep. I am currently using Lustra, but looking at different options.

I have a new PDQ LaserWash 360+ (I have the overglow and noTri-foam). ChemQuest rep is recommending:
Step 1 (Plazma)
Step 2 (Release)
Overflow (Plummett)
High Pressure Rinse
Super Sealant (Silk)
Foaming Wax (Colada Sheen)
Drying Agent (Nova)

After reading the updates, would you keep the Colada Sheen (carnauba) or replace/remove?
Any other thoughts on his recommendation/order of application?
It looks like Zenith is on the ChemQuest site, but not many details (https://carwash-soap.com/product/zenith)

Thanks.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Thanks! I have started working with a ChemQuest rep. I am currently using Lustra, but looking at different options.

I have a new PDQ LaserWash 360+ (I have the overglow and noTri-foam). ChemQuest rep is recommending:
Step 1 (Plazma)
Step 2 (Release)
Overflow (Plummett)
High Pressure Rinse
Super Sealant (Silk)
Drying Agent (Nova)

After reading the updates, would you keep the Colada Sheen (carnauba) or replace/remove?
It looks like Zenith is on the ChemQuest site, but not many details (https://carwash-soap.com/product/zenith)

Thanks.
Dont put colada on after Silk!!!!!!
More ?’s
PM me

soonermajic

Reaction score

Step 1 (Plazma)
Step 2 (Release)
Overflow (Plummett)
High Pressure Rinse
Super Sealant (Silk)
Drying Agent (Nova)

Thanks.
Ladt 3 products seen redundant. Combine all 3 into 1 Ceramic or Graphene. Save 2 passes, time,& spend same amount.

thegoat999

Reaction score

Step 1 (Plazma)
Step 2 (Release)
Overflow (Plummett)
High Pressure Rinse
Super Sealant (Silk)
Drying Agent (Nova)

Thanks.
Was Lustra not giving you the results you were hoping for? How do you have it currently and what do you use?

Cmofo

Reaction score
Was Lustra not giving you the results you were hoping for? How do you have it currently and what do you use?
This is how we currently have it:
Underbody
High PH UF505 (8 mL)
Dwell (10 seconds)
Low PH UF205 (13 mL)
HP rinse
Overglow UF427 (13 mL)
Foaming wax UF431 (14 mL)
Drying agent UF421 (12 mL)
SuperSealent UF441 (4 mL)
Flashdry (Spotfree rinse)
Blowers

It leaves the eyebrows pretty frequently.

We used to have a PDQ Tandem (friction) unit. Unfortunately our bay to too short for the PDQ Surfline else we would have stayed with friction. Now trying to figure out how to give a great wash with touchless.

thegoat999

Reaction score
Underbody
High PH UF505 (8 mL)
Dwell (10 seconds)
Low PH UF205 (13 mL)
HP rinse
Overglow UF427 (13 mL)
Blowers

We used to have a PDQ Tandem (friction) unit. Unfortunately our bay to too short for the PDQ Surfline else we would have stayed with friction. Now trying to figure out how to give a great wash with touchless.
From the looks of it the first thing that comes to mind is that the high ph presoak isnt being given enough time to work its magic. Have you tried simplying the process and adding 2 passes of high PH presoaks with a higher dwell time? Could remove the overglow or simplify the protectants/sealants with ceramic/graphene like the previous commenter posted to achieve similar or better timings with a better wash.

jubalr

Reaction score
Underbody
High PH UF505 (8 mL)
Dwell (10 seconds)
Low PH UF205 (13 mL)
HP rinse
Overglow UF427 (13 mL)
Blowers

I agree with @thegoat999. Much too short a dwell. We were able to eliminate eyebrows in our touchless by increasing dwell to 1:30sec. We upped the pH of our pre-soak to about 12.9-13 and eliminate the low ph pass completely. While the Hi pH is working we are doing the underside and wheel/rocker blasts around the vehicle. No eyebrows and top wash time of about 4:30..

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don’t see how you can have a dwell of only ten seconds. The dwell time would be the amount of time between application and the return of the equipment back to that same spot to start the next stage of the wash. I’m thinking he means a ten second pause between the end of one pass and the beginning of another.

thegoat999

Reaction score
I don’t see how you can have a dwell of only ten seconds. The dwell time would be the amount of time between application and the return of the equipment back to that same spot to start the next stage of the wash. I’m thinking he means a ten second pause between the end of one pass and the beginning of another.
Assuming a presoak takes 30 seconds to apply, and a 10 second dwell time. You get 40 seconds before that presoak is neutralized by the low ph presoak. 40 seconds is not enough to do anything meaningful for tough road film. Some would say to increase the pause between but customers hate when the machine is sitting idle, probably think its broken. I believe the best spot is to do a three-step process and you can customise a conditioning trifoam inbetween if you want.

e.g.

High / High Trifoam / Low
High / High / Low
Low / High / High Trifoam
High / Low Trifoam / Low

etc. Gives you enough time for that presoak to break in

jubalr

Reaction score
Assuming a presoak takes 30 seconds to apply, and a 10 second dwell time. You get 40 seconds before that presoak is neutralized by the low ph presoak. 40 seconds is not enough to do anything meaningful for tough road film. Some would say to increase the pause between but customers hate when the machine is sitting idle, probably think its broken. I believe the best spot is to do a three-step process and you can customise a conditioning trifoam inbetween if you want.

e.g.

High / High Trifoam / Low
High / High / Low
Low / High / High Trifoam
High / Low Trifoam / Low

etc. Gives you enough time for that presoak to break in
Agreed..
We program our touchless to do other things while the high ph does it's magic:
Apply high ph front to back
tire cleaner back to front
underside spray for 10sec
low ph Trifoam front to back
HP rinse back to front
Then other chemicals per package purchased followed by spot free.

Very important to leave that preSOAK on long enough to work and eliminate eyebrows and film.

Cmofo

Reaction score
Correct. We have the high PH go on first around the car. Then the low PH starts about 1:20 later. And about 40 seconds after that it gets a rinse.

Underbody - 30 seconds
Applying High PH 505 - 70 seconds
Start dwell - 10 seconds
Applying Low PH 205 - 38 seconds
HP Rinse - 30 seconds
Start Overglow 427 - 35 seconds
Start foaming wax 431 - 40 seconds
Start drying agent 421 - 30 seconds
Start SuperSealent 441 - 15 seconds
Start flashdry (Spotfree rinse) - 15 seconds
Start blowers - 30 seconds

Total wash about 5:45

soonermajic

Reaction score
Correct. We have the high PH go on first around the car. Then the low PH starts about 1:20 later. And about 40 seconds after that it gets a rinse.

Underbody - 30 seconds
Applying High PH 505 - 70 seconds
Start dwell - 10 seconds
Applying Low PH 205 - 38 seconds
HP Rinse - 30 seconds
Start Overglow 427 - 35 seconds
Start foaming wax 431 - 40 seconds
Start drying agent 421 - 30 seconds
Start SuperSealent 441 - 15 seconds
Start flashdry (Spotfree rinse) - 15 seconds
Start blowers - 30 seconds

Total wash about 5:45
What equipment arenyou running? I didn't see it in earlier threads...

ShinePro

Reaction score
Underbody
High PH UF505 (8 mL)
Dwell (10 seconds)
Low PH UF205 (13 mL)
HP rinse
Overglow UF427 (13 mL)
Blowers

Those ml levels for a touchless wash seem very low
For a touch wash that might be ok
Unless that stuff is super duper ultra ultra concentrated.
I m using pretty concentrated stuff and applying 50ml
Still have product costs at 11% of wash price!

thegoat999

Reaction score
Ultraflex by CSI is ultra concentrated, they do still seem low to me though, especially the presoaks. I dont have any direct experience using Lustra but that seems to be around 80c of chemical according to the prices I was given

jubalr

Reaction score
Wow, that seems really high. I have a 2 bay with 1 touchless and 1 soft touch. I'm running at $.54 per car combined for both IBAs.