What's new

New chemistry that I almost passed on - then WOW

ShinePro

Reaction score
As I have stated in this forum, I am a Chemquest user. I have a super relationship with my rep and the folks that he works with!
I am driven to compete against tunnels in a touchless environment.

Just before leaving for Vegas I get a delivery of two buckets of stuff I have never heard of. Both Presoak products. my rep said we will play with them after the show. We chatted at the show about them and with the chemist but nobody really told me what to expect -" just see how you like them" they said.
so my rep and I hooked them all up 60 days ago on my Razor 3. titrated, did draw test, two different injectors with multiple tip set ups etc.
washed some cars did the math on costs etc
The new high ph Presoak was announced and put on their website last Friday- its called Plazma
its the result of three years of trying to get a hyper concentrated presoak with multiple chemicals in it to work and work together!

After that initial test day my rep said that for the extra dime a car he did not think that it was worth it.
Plus it was a little tricky to get dialed in
--it is thick and draws differently than most products
-that was on a wednesday
I left everything set up just as we had it that day to run for the busy weekend ahead.
Fyi the bugs had arrived in Ohio
We washed a shit ton of cars that weekend!
I spent hours watching them
I was amazed at the front bumpers -side mirrors- windshields
the bugs were getting blasted
by Saturday I m reading the SDS sheet for this product and about 10 others comparing chemical makeup
I was googling chemical names to see what they are
I discovered that they had put about 3 products into one
they basically took my current presoak and juiced it with other ingredients
This product was taking the place of three and kicking ass at a lower titration than I had been running in years.
----
I quit using De bug when the Ceramics come out
i needed the injector- Razor 3's only have 4 low pressure functions
------
Sunday night called my rep to make sure the order I placed with him got changed immediately.
I wanted to use the new stuff! -- which as I said was announced as Plazma and is now on the Chemquest web site.

Over the last 6 weeks we have had lots of conversations and learned more about what the chemists did to accomplish this.
my Customers have commented on how well it cleans.
I have sent a dozen of before and after pics of car fronts.

Plazma is going to be a game changer for me
As I said on the other feed

"I was doing a great job cleaning cars
But Plazma made me better!"

I now go to the car washes every day knowing I can compete against anyone!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Ok continue on ShinePro….

What kind of automatic are you using this on? Are you using this as a one step? Injector size, tip, number of passes? How much is it per gallon and how many cars a gallon are you getting?

ShinePro

Reaction score
Wash World Razor 3's
I m a two step guy - single pass each

hi ph first. acid second
I m currently using a Rocket dual grey inj
i have used Boost with my hi ph presoak- need to use up inventory
red tip on the Plazma- pumpkin tip on boost
using 1.88 oz of Plazma-- .4 oz at most of boost. (old chemical was 2.8 oz and 1.6 oz ) per car
I m hoping Boost can go away
low ph - which still isnt on web site uses a grey Hydraflex with a brown tip
2.1 oz per car

All this goes on car for less than $ .90 per car

washnshine

Reaction score
I checked the SDS. It doesn’t seem to have anything unusual - plenty of sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide, which make it pretty caustic and give it a very high pH - 13.5. Of course the proprietary surfactant is always a trade secret, so no CAS# listed or no idea what that is for any chemical. It does look like the water content is lower than most chemicals, which would explain its status as a higher concentrate and higher viscosity. It must be pretty hot - they mention checking with your distributor about Plazma resistant tubing. I know we have to be careful what lines we use with presoaks, but I don’t think I’ve seen that listed in a description before. Maybe it’s because it is a higher concentration.

Glad it’s working for you. Keep us posted!

Last edited:

ShinePro

Reaction score
Compare that SDS sheet to there other go to presoak Select 35
(which I have used for years)
Or to lets say Blue Corrals HD3-something
Which most people said was the best

the addition of Monoethanolamine
Which is the key ingredient in most D bugs
Makes the huge difference!!
Its in their d bug and the self serve Purple pre soak for self serve which works great as well.
And is also the main ingredient in Degreaser which helps cut thru road oils

Finding the right surfactant to make all those play nice together in the jug is what I was told took the time it did.

RocketWash

Reaction score
using a ww razor with diamond shine products. Once we got our water quality straightened out it started doing a much better job. these pics are before we got our water quality figured out but 30-40% of our customers are this dirty and in spring time its like 90% of customers. I can remove a lot of dirt and mud. Had a white pickup come in black from mud it came out white as new. but im not removing brows. we put a brush out with a pale of solution that people use the crap out of on bugs and brows. After reading several of your posts im thinking we need to look at our water quality again and chem passes again to see if we can make improvements. I know our titration is higher than recommended and I have my dwell time higher than wash guy initially set. maybe 20 seconds. our top wash is like 8 minutes though id like to lower that time while doing a better job cleaning.

I also feel that certain paint colors clean better than others

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
using a ww razor with diamond shine products. Once we got our water quality straightened out it started doing a much better job. these pics are before we got our water quality figured out but 30-40% of our customers are this dirty and in spring time its like 90% of customers. I can remove a lot of dirt and mud. Had a white pickup come in black from mud it came out white as new. but im not removing brows. we put a brush out with a pale of solution that people use the crap out of on bugs and brows. After reading several of your posts im thinking we need to look at our water quality again and chem passes again to see if we can make improvements. I know our titration is higher than recommended and I have my dwell time higher than wash guy initially set. maybe 20 seconds. our top wash is like 8 minutes though id like to lower that time while doing a better job cleaning.

Did you ever think about using spot free water instead of city water for mixing presoak? It might be extreme but if your water has high TDS then it could help from what I understand. (we have not tried it ourselves)

RocketWash

Reaction score
Did you ever think about using spot free water instead of city water for mixing presoak? It might be extreme but if your water has high TDS then it could help from what I understand. (we have not tried it ourselves)
I like that idea. It will be something to look into. Our town has crappy water. when we were building our wash the city put an RO system in for treating the water. We are one of like 3 towns doing that in our state so I had really high hopes for our water quality and our ability to wash. The city cant get it to work right. its problem after problem so far, but when its working water is better than before.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what about a big in-line filter or even two or three on the main waterline? I have well water at my wash in addition to city water. My well line has a big filter on it that I change every three months. It's always plenty dirty at the change interval. My razor has three pre-filters on the pump stand that get cleaned at regular intervals as well.

ShinePro

Reaction score

Are you 2 step presoak?
High ph first
Low ph second?
Fyi
Had a thread on here back in April specifically about eyebrows

RocketWash

Reaction score
Are you 2 step presoak?
High ph first
Low ph second?
Fyi
Had a thread on here back in April specifically about eyebrows
2 step pre with dwell times, High ph is first then low. I read through that thread. pretty good info on there. its what made me want to revisit our water quality and chem applications. Like i said ive had zero complaints about the wash since our water quality got straightened out but im always looking to improve and learn since we're less than a year into our new venture here.