What's new

Needing to replace old RYKO Voyager

MEP001

Reaction score
I make a fantastic potato salad. I even make the mayonnaise.

twinchester

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for adding me to the group. A buddy and I bought a Carwash/Laundromat last September. We are in a rural area with population in the township at 3,264 and in the county 98,266. We sit between 2 lakes, so summer time the area is busy with everyone at there cottages. So the carwash is 2 SS, and 1 IBA (RYKO VOYAGER). The previous owner installed the equipment used back in 1996 (Yes the RYKO is still running), they said the carwash did really well in the beginning, however sales have slipped. Well since owning it, we have made some changes the SS bays now have good soap comeing out of the gun (previous owner was super cheap), customers have already noticed. Now our VOYAGE has the nylon brushes, to upgrade to the foam its a 10K option. Well looking on the consignment form, there are some new RYKO's for sale priced pretty good that it looks. So what would you recommend? A touchless or a friction like the RYKO? So our best week for the Automatic since we owned it was about $200.00 (I don't think that is that great). So looking for some good advice here, trying to watch what we spend, but do know that need to make changes to bring customers back. So any good advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hello and thanks for adding me to the group. A buddy and I bought a Carwash/Laundromat last September. We are in a rural area with population in the township at 3,264 and in the county 98,266. We sit between 2 lakes, so summer time the area is busy with everyone at there cottages. So the carwash is 2 SS, and 1 IBA (RYKO VOYAGER). The previous owner installed the equipment used back in 1996 (Yes the RYKO is still running), they said the carwash did really well in the beginning, however sales have slipped. Well since owning it, we have made some changes the SS bays now have good soap comeing out of the gun (previous owner was super cheap), customers have already noticed. Now our VOYAGE has the nylon brushes, to upgrade to the foam its a 10K option. Well looking on the consignment form, there are some new RYKO's for sale priced pretty good that it looks. So what would you recommend? A touchless or a friction like the RYKO? So our best week for the Automatic since we owned it was about $200.00 (I don't think that is that great). So looking for some good advice here, trying to watch what we spend, but do know that need to make changes to bring customers back. So any good advice would be greatly appreciated!
The machine is probably over 20 years old. If the previous owner skipped on soap how do you think he maintained the Voyager.
The brushes turn faster than you can turn the new wash material. All new motors and gear boxes.
There are some good used machines. Have the local rep evaluate and do a proforma.
I suggest you replace the machine in a way that increases your return of capital.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
Can you make a video of it running and put it on youtube please and where is your carwash located incase im ever near it!

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
I recommend you dont replace the voyager, you could regret it as machines like the voyager were actually MADE to last their simple to work on easy to maintain, their made of stainless steel unlike newer machines which are plastic and they break down WAY FASTER I recommend trying to put a touch free in maybe one of the 2 old self service bays to add a variety or put it outside next to the SS bays. You will want to keep the voyager if you want a soft touch as their just so reliable. Look at how much softglosses get replaced because their more trouble then good. where a voyager is Low maintenance and can run for YEARS AND YEARS even in abused conditions. I recommend getting slower gear boxes and foam brushes but you should keep the machine as it could save you a TON of money where newer soft touches such as softglosses could cost you MORE money maintenance wise.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
You're making recommendations on how someone someone spends a quarter million dollars on a piece of equipment, and you aren't being forthcoming on the basis of this recommendation. That's disrespectful to the person who asked for advice, so I pointed out who you are purely for the OP. If that's a problem for you, that's all on you.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
You're making recommendations on how someone someone spends a quarter million dollars on a piece of equipment, and you aren't being forthcoming on the basis of this recommendation. That's disrespectful to the person who asked for advice, so I pointed out who you are purely for the OP. If that's a problem for you, that's all on you.
No wonder so many of my friends left the forum its because they had to put up with toxic beings like you so go away and leave me alone!

MEP001

Reaction score
You can prevent "drama" by being transparent about your "advice." Your "friends" have created this same issue by doing the exact same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they called you in here to create the same issues, since you're behaving exactly the way they did. If you think I'm being so mean, you don't have to post here anymore. Problem solved - I'm not going to "leave you alone" as long as you think you can play here.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
MEP001 is right. You don’t have any business advising people on decisions as big as these. You need to stay in your lane and be forthcoming, by letting people know that you are just an enthusiast and have only knowledge gleaned by observing them. These are life changing financial decisions. This is something you probably know nothing about. I like your enthusiasm for the business, but you need to leave the “business” end of it to those that actually know that part.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
MEP001 is right. You don’t have any business advising people on decisions as big as these. You need to stay in your lane and be forthcoming, by letting people know that you are just an enthusiast and have only knowledge gleaned by observing them. These are life changing financial decisions. This is something you probably know nothing about. I like your enthusiasm for the business, but you need to leave the “business” end of it to those that actually know that part.
Ok Karen!