What's new

Need a PLC

APW

Reaction score
Good Morning APW,

1) What version/model of the Floyd Bell voice announcers are you using?
2) What is the source of inputs that you want to have activate the voice messages. Voltage and are they gonna be parelell connected to the existing car wash equipment or descrete/seperate connections?
3) What is your main wash address? If you're close or near one of my travel paths I would stop by if it's okay with you.

Cheers!
This is the speaker: https://www.floydbell.com/parts/AN454_16V
I am using the relays that fire my existing bay signs to energize my speaker relays. 120 volt coils on the relays.
I am in Georgia. Come on down anytime!

John J Spokas

Reaction score
I have a brother in Tucker GA, He keeps trying to get me to visit! I am sure I will visit him soon.
If your existing bay sign relays are double pole then the connections to the Floyd unit would be much easier.
Different combinations of inputs can give you up to 16 messages from that unit I see.
I still really believe a PLC is the best way to do this project.

Reactions: APW

Blanco

Reaction score
More context. I have 9 voices so looks like I would still need 9 of the relays that you mentioned.
These are the relays with a 20 jumper bar. You can cut the jumper to accommodate however many relays you need. Alot easier to wire and less bulky. There’s also a LED on the to let you know when there activated.

Attachments

Reactions: APW

John J Spokas

Reaction score
If your existing bay sign relays are double pole then the connections to the Floyd unit would be much easier.
Different combinations of inputs can give you up to 16 messages from that unit I see.
I still really believe a PLC is the best way to do this project.
A quick yellow pad calculation I get 22 relays are needed to do this the relay way.

A 24 IO Smart Relay can do this for about the same amount of money as 22 relays and sockets but a simpler task to assemble and wire IM not so HO.

:cool:

Etowah

Blanco

Reaction score
More context. I have 9 voices so looks like I would still need 9 of the relays that you mentioned.
Why do you have 9 voices? Are you using it for Your chemical options also?

APW

Reaction score
Yes. Here is the list of the voices.

1. Drive forward
2. Place car in park
3. Back up
4. Presoak
5. Triple Foam
6. Sealant
7. Spot free
8. Please exit slowly
9. Ceramic