What's new

NAYAX vs CRYPTO PAY

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
I wish the website was just difficult, I found it to be impossible! Maybe with repetition it would have gotten easier but I never got my Nayax units installed because of other reasons. The website interface is truly overwhelming.
I have nayax. I caught hell getting one wired up. After that I did the next ones myself. In SS bays. I lil trouble with customer service. But as I use them more Im getting better at it. And got the covers with mine. Going on 1 year. So for so good. Warranty is up now. So I will see how long they last now. My customers were coin base people but I’m seeing an increase in cc sales. And now I can track sales per a bay better.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Since I started this post, I purchased 2 of the NAYAX units for 1 site. Figured I'd get through the entire experience in setting up those, before tackling the other two locations. Its taken over a month to register the units with NAYAX and partake in the exhaustive "onboarding" process of getting setup as a customer accepting transactions. That all ended on April 9th, and I received notice that I would be hearing from them within 10 days with my account login information and could begin processing payments. It's now April 30th, and still not a peep from NAYAX. To say that I'm frustrated would be an understatement, and I haven't even begun using the damn things! I'm attending the Car Wash Show in Vegas, and I'm planning on giving Harry Kozloski an earful. I'm just glad I didn't purchase all 10 of the units that I need, and limited it to just 2 bays at one site.

Carwashking

Reaction score
Since I started this post, I purchased 2 of the NAYAX units for 1 site. Figured I'd get through the entire experience in setting up those, before tackling the other two locations. Its taken over a month to register the units with NAYAX and partake in the exhaustive "onboarding" process of getting setup as a customer accepting transactions. That all ended on April 9th, and I received notice that I would be hearing from them within 10 days with my account login information and could begin processing payments. It's now April 30th, and still not a peep from NAYAX. To say that I'm frustrated would be an understatement, and I haven't even begun using the damn things! I'm attending the Car Wash Show in Vegas, and I'm planning on giving Harry Kozloski an earful. I'm just glad I didn't purchase all 10 of the units that I need, and limited it to just 2 bays at one site.
Harry is worthless along with everyone at Nayax. I have over 40 units and they don’t return calls. I keep trying to get help changing a bank account for my readers for over 6 months. Need child accounts to separate locations.

Roz

Reaction score
Wow. CryptoPay was a breeze and quick. I had to call them after each swipe was setup by me so they could pair each with the corresponding tap unit. I waited maybe 15 minutes for the pairing to take effect.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I may be in the minority but currently have 10 Nayax readers. 1st has been in operation since September. So far it's been a great move. I like the ability to issue refunds directly from the Nayax dashboard. Cellular units do not rely on internet. Report features have taken some time to get used to, and could certainly be improved, but I can export data to Excel getting what I need.

I currently have cryptopay and washgear at other locations and plan to replace most of those with Nayax by the end of the year.

For me accepting chip cards was a must, and cryptopay appears to have no intentions of making a chip reader.

Support for Nayax is lacking, but if I request a call back I receive a call back within 24 hours.

I have been working with carwash services out of Nashville and he ships the readers to me in KY. He made a conversion kit for an ACW5 and uses a special relay kit for SS bays so voltage fluctuations don't blow up the units.

Now if I can just get Everwash to do an integration so members don't lose free vacuums as we continue to eliminate cryptopay.

Carwashking

Reaction score
Crytopay was easy. Nayax is a computer that can do so much more than Crytopay. They should offer a dummy down system that is programmed to Carwash so we can view software that pertains to our industry.

Keno

Reaction score
Crytopay was easy. Nayax is a computer that can do so much more than Crytopay. They should offer a dummy down system that is programmed to Carwash so we can view software that pertains to our industry.
The car wash sector is such a small part of their business in the big picture, I doubt they will ever do that. But I have been happy with my nayax units, nayax support has been able to get them to do whatever I needed in SS bays

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
What are some of the things you can do with it besides the accounting part? I have Nayax on my vending and the dashboard is nice.

Can we do fleets somehow? Discounts?

East Adams Car Wash

Reaction score
@tdlconceptsllc , how did you get CashApp to work with Nayax? What I found is that you can add the CashApp card to Goodle/Apple Pay and use it as a normal payment method via NFC. Did you find another way, without the card and without Google/Apple pay?

CashApp would be one reason I would keep insisting on getting Nayax to work..
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is helpful but I have been able to setup both contactless card (with my car wash name and logo on them) as well as refund and prepaid cards with the Monyx app. It took a bit to figure it out but now it is easy to setup and manage. I am also able to start each bay with my phone if a customer is having a issue and contacts me with a problem.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
@tdlconceptsllc , how did you get CashApp to work with Nayax? What I found is that you can add the CashApp card to Goodle/Apple Pay and use it as a normal payment method via NFC. Did you find another way, without the card and without Google/Apple pay?

CashApp would be one reason I would keep insisting on getting Nayax to work..
Not sure if this is helpful but I have been able to setup both contactless card (with my car wash name and logo on them) as well as refund and prepaid cards with the Monyx app. It took a bit to figure it out but now it is easy to setup and manage. I am also able to start each bay with my phone if a customer is having a issue and contacts me with a problem.
[/QUOTE]

No in my Post I said you must have cashapp card is the only way to pay. A rumor I heard you could but I got to digging and "The only wash to Pay is Cashapp CARD"

washmeclean

Reaction score
Crypto pay have had zero issue seven readers works flawlessly not sure why complaints about multiple swiping
other than the swipe has to be complete all the way through dont short it
nayax -worthless issues the first 30min of day 1
“ABSOLUTELY” ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
year later im still trying to get an account closed.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make the purchase of new credit card readers (swipe, chip, & tap) for my 8 SS bays. I've been using the Mercury Payment System from Carolina Pride and its been great for 10+ years. Unfortunately they sold off the software to a company in Canada called Spiffy Wash Systems and it is no longer supported by CP. We constantly have software crashes, etc. and Spiffy is nonresponsive to our call. My customers are getting frustrated. At the ICA show in Nashville, we checked out both Crypto Pay as well as the Nayax equipment. I'm leaning towards Nayax because the readers handle all three methods (swipe, chip, tap) with one box. I've done a search on both here and read most of the posts. Some folks back in 2019/20 were having terrible luck with Nayax from readers getting wet and locking up, poor customer service when they called in, etc. That was a few years ago, and I'm wondering if anyone can give an update on more recent installs, and if the same problems are still present.

Thanks in advance.
Nayax units are great, customer service is the absolute worst when tech support is needed. Good luck getting ahold of someone on the phone let alone a call back. Cryptopay, though not as sleek as Nayax works just fine and is the way to go for their stellar customer service alone. Also, as a side note, Nayax does a temporary hold for the max you charge at your site, often confusing and upsetting customers who think that’s the final charge. With Cryptopay, I just do a $5 pre authorization even though my max charge is $15 (count up) and have next to zero complaints for such a small amount.

mucoucah

Reaction score
Just as my personal experience:
I purchased a Nayax VPOS to try out in March 2023. It looks cool, had the touchscreen, different payment methods (count up, count down, fixed values) and between paying for a cryptopay swiper + touch device (almost $700 per paystation, which adds up quickly withb vacuum, etc) Nayax is a single device, for virtually half the cost. Had it worked, it would had been a cool differential for my business.

I also believed I could use CashApp (without a card), which turned out to be incorrect. It requires a card and that the cashApp card is added to Apple pay/Android/Samsung pay as a payment method to work.

I did some research, talked to Nayax guys, and eventually purchased my first one. From there, what should have taken 10 days to activate took more than a month, and after threatening to return the device, I finally was given access to the Nayax backend and the account/device activated.

I played around with it, and one day it lost connection and stopped working. Another month, more emails and finally got a replacement device. It has been sitting here next to me for 2, going on 3 weeks, still waiting for customer support because it says "Cash Only" and I don't know how to get it to work.

If I can get it returned, I will call my Nayax experience over, unfortunately.

Take it for want it is worth, this device could have an awesome potential, however getting started is like pulling teeth.

In contrast, Cryptopay was a matter of minutes. Not that I like the Cryptopay business model, I wish they made it more open (in particular the choice of payment processor) and upgraded their devices, but they sure make things much simpler and user friendly.

I am still looking for an alternative payment system, and signed up to build an app and use an iot device that would entirely bypass the physical paystation, making the obsolescence and lack of chip from Cryptopay less relevant.

Just my personal experience. Maybe it was just bad luck..