What's new

Nayax C/C for car wash?

CleanWD

cleanwd.com
Reaction score
Okay, so today I pulled the trigger on a Nayax system. I hope it does what I want it to do. I ordered 12 units which will be installed an all bays, automatics, vacs, dogwash and vending. I'll keep you updated. BTW the combined fees are exorbitant but my old machine was killing me so I had to do something.
Did you get a good price?

CleanWD

cleanwd.com
Reaction score
It was okay considering installation was included. It's just the ongoing fees that are annoying especially since I dont intend to offload them onto my customers.
Installation? Are they running off cellular signal or thru a lan line? I've been using iris now nayax for about 3-4yrs on our equipment here. Maybe your installation is more complex than my plug and play that I utilize for my customers.

JustClean

Reaction score
Installation? Are they running off cellular signal or thru a lan line? I've been using iris now nayax for about 3-4yrs on our equipment here. Maybe your installation is more complex than my plug and play that I utilize for my customers.
Hi CleanWD
It will go through lan. No, installation is not complex but someone has to do it :) We need face plates, run cables, get a switch and hook it all up. And since I got a fixed price IF we were going to run into trouble I am not paying for it.
BTW is that right that you can run NAyax over Wifi as well? Have you done it?

JustClean

Reaction score
Just an update:
We got now the Nayax to work on 4 SS bays, 2 entry systems, 4 vacs.
And so far it does what it supposed to do.
Dogwash is coming soon but the vending machine is giving me some trouble (Uncle Sam: Are you listening? ;))
With the vending machine as soon as the Nayax has done the first transaction the vending machine displays:"Please insert correct change" and it would not accept any coins anymore at all. It seems it could be only a setting but at the moment I have no idea.

Hey guys, I also would like to pick your brain on this a bit:
I don't have tokens (and I really don't want to introduce them for different reasons) but I would like to give out a free carwash now and then to customers. I could do this with a Nayax pre-paid card. There is, however, a cost involved with the card because it is a NFC card. After the customer received his wash he will throw the card away although I could use it again.

I could give the customer a paper card for next time and then turn the wash on manually but then I always have to be at the wash when the customer wants to redeem the wash...

Any other ideas?

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Just Clean---The S/S bays, the entry systems, and the vacs are all "pulse" driven and the Nayax is set for pulse. The vending machine usually is not pulse driven and is MDB driven which is different than pulse. Use the serial number on the vending machine card system to check with Nayax to make sure it is set up for MDB.

Uncle Sam

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi Uncle Sam,
yes, it is set up for MDB and it is working...just...either the Nayax or cash...hmmm.
It's Sunday here so I guess I have to wait til Monday to see what Nayax is saying :)
Thanks for the very quick response.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Just Clean---I reread your update post to see if I could think of some other things to try. The Nayax is set up to vend one product per swipe unless the vendor is set to multi-vend. Multi-vend is set up in the programming of the vendor control board; it is usually set to "N" for no. It can be toggled to "Y" for yes and then more than one vend can be done with a card.

The code "Please insert correct change" I have never seen, but I have seen "Please insert exact change" on the display. This usually means that the vendor control board does not think there is enough change in the changer tubes to make change. I don't know what brand changer you have so this could be a problem with a Conlux changer. Technology keeps changing all the time so it is hard to keep up. This may or may not help fix your problem but I can always hope.

Uncle Sam

JustClean

Reaction score
Update:
Okay, I've had Nayax for 4 months now.
Here are the positives:
- It works with all my equipment
- It is compliant with the latest standards
- It was easy to install
- It has a limited membership, pre-paid giftcard/washcard program
- Customers love it

The negatives:
- After 4 months out in the harsh tropical sun the yellow starts fading.
- No expiry date setable on the giftcard/washcard program

The BIGGEST NEGATIVE:
- Sometimes (not always) Nayax does not accept cards but puts the amount on "pending"
So people try to use the card won't get the service but each swipe sees a pending transaction which does not even go
away for weeks!!! It seems neither Nayax, nor the gateway nor the banks are able to find or fix the problem.

And believe me this gives me the $#!7s.

I'll keep you updated.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
JustClean,

Thanks for sharing both the positives & the negatives & not just the positives. It is especially important for those of us who may have 75 or more individual pieces of equipment at one location. Let's just say it grounds our decisions a bit ... pun intended.

mike walsh www,kingkoin.com

JustClean

Reaction score
...but the vending machine is giving me some trouble (Uncle Sam: Are you listening? ;))
With the vending machine as soon as the Nayax has done the first transaction the vending machine displays:"Please insert correct change" and it would not accept any coins anymore at all. It seems it could be only a setting but at the moment I have no idea.
Fixed this issue with a new vending board. Old one not compatible.

Ayerule

Reaction score
JustClean,
Are you still happy with Nayax? Would you still recommend Nayax over Cryptopay?
Are you able to tell if people are using the wireless, NFC or mobile phone payments?
Thank you in advance.

L

loewem

JustClean,
Are you able to tell if people are using the wireless, NFC or mobile phone payments?
Thank you in advance.
For what it is worth, I have four card readers at my wash that support NFC (applepay, samsung pay and droid pay). I had a posted a while ago that the use was pretty regular, but not a large percentage of the overall credit card use. I kept track for a few weeks and about 3% of my card transactions were NFC. Worth mentioning is that I only had one of these readers in use at the wash prior to two months ago. Will have five soon and should be able to get a better idea of the amount of use for NFC. BTW - I think I saw that nayax has a reader that supports the chip and pin (holds the card during the transaction). That is a big plus in my opinion.

JustClean

Reaction score
JustClean,
Thank you in advance.
Let's say it this way: Cryptopay is not compatible. It is just a matter of time until those readers need to be replaced. The US is probably the only place in the world where you still can "swipe" even if you have a chip card... So buying Cryptopay is buying old stuff. HOWEVER, if Cryptopay was working without a single issue it is like buying less headache.

Nayax on the other side is compatible BUT over the last eight months gave me quite trouble. Now less trouble than 3 months ago but still. The customer funds were on hold (pending) without activating the machine. The "pending" issue has now been sorted out (we just switched to "purchase"). If there was a problem at least the customer doesn't have to wait 1 month for a refund...
But we still are having problems. At least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope it is not the train!:D

I am in Australia, so I had no other option: either chip/tap or nothing. Having no real alternative I went with Nayax. The costs are outrageous - about 10.5%!!!
In Australia it works like this: If your card has a chip and the reader accepts all (paywave, chip and swipe) you cannot use swipe.
Most, if not all credit cards have chips, so swipe is non-existing here. No one is selling you just swipe readers anymore. If there is old equipment you still can swipe your chip card.

Last edited:
L

loewem

I spent a lot of time researching credit card systems before I decided on USA Tech eports. I'm still not sure that I made the right decision. When I was deciding I used excel to do a side by side comparison of eport and cryptopay. I looked at Nayax, but didn't give it much, if any, consideration. Maybe a mistake. Wouldn't be the first or the last.

A few weeks back I started adding to the spreadsheet and as of tonight I've got six different systems on the spreadsheet. The information on my sheet is cost, internet/wireless, ease of install, PCI compliant, EMV capable, NFC capable, customer service, durability, count up, count down. Would anyone be interested in helping me add to/complete the spreadsheet? Hope to have something for everyone to refer to as this EMV transition plays out. PM me if you are interested.

JustClean

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time researching credit card systems before I decided on USA Tech eports. I'm still not sure that I made the right decision. When I was deciding I used excel to do a side by side comparison of eport and cryptopay. I looked at Nayax, but didn't give it much, if any, consideration. Maybe a mistake. Wouldn't be the first or the last.

A few weeks back I started adding to the spreadsheet and as of tonight I've got six different systems on the spreadsheet. The information on my sheet is cost, internet/wireless, ease of install, PCI compliant, EMV capable, NFC capable, customer service, durability, count up, count down. Would anyone be interested in helping me add to/complete the spreadsheet? Hope to have something for everyone to refer to as this EMV transition plays out. PM me if you are interested.

Here is a list http://pymnts.fetchapp.com/files/f7cafd with all other available readers. I just found it a week ago. Maybe it helps.