What's new

Nayax C/C for car wash?

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is really interesting for the car wash industry:

http://nayax.com

This system works on pulse & MDB and is EMV compliant. Cryptopay watch out! I wonder if anyone has put this into a carwash (apart from a vending machine)?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“This is really interesting for the car wash industry…nayax”

I don’t see the advantage.

Nayax’s suite of products allows for cashless vending and provides telemetry for remote management of network of units.

Difference between carwash and vending industry is the vendor’s principal client or customer isn’t the person using the machine rather it is the organization that is leasing space to vendor.

Nayax, Like Crypto, provides no digital integration with consumers.

Nayax is a cashless payment system that allows for better communication between vendors and consumers on how to pay. Its real advantage is network management because vending industry is consolidating.

Vendors don’t need digital integration with customers because vending is impulse purchase whereas carwash is mix of impulse and planned so customers have greater needs.

This is why DRB and others attempt to lock-up customers with system that allows for seamless digital integration (storefront and online) and provides programs to create more opportunities to drive customers into the wash.

JustClean

Reaction score
I don’t see the advantage
Well, I see the advantage.
How about being EMV compliant, accepting mag stripe, chip & pin and Paywave? Making it possible to communicate with a smart phone. It even talks to you. Or is there a reasonably priced c/c system in the US/worldwide that is able to do this?

Randy

Reaction score
Kind of looks like the same thing as the USA Technologies ePort G9 system. What scares me is there is no phone number only e-mail for support. I just sent them 2 e-mails asking for more information, like compatibility with 24 volt AC pulse protocol, upfront cost, general operating costs etc. I wonder how long it will take for them to respond.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
"How about being EMV compliant, accepting mag stripe, chip & pin and Paywave? Making it possible to communicate with a smart phone. It even talks to you."

Exactly, that's all it does. It doesn't allow for integration of mobile marketing or between online and store. Its a niche product.

Its a step up but very limited in capabilities to drive customers to wash.

JustClean

Reaction score
Exactly, that's all it does. It doesn't allow for integration of mobile marketing or between online and store. Its a niche product.
Its a step up but very limited in capabilities to drive customers to wash.

Robert,
So, looking at your response, your recommendation would be to install obsolete equipment?

BTW you may want to re-read their website. They have marketing capabilities like loyalty cards, pre-paid, fleet accounts, specials at certain times, also integrated with an app.

Look, I am not saying this is the latest and greatest and I have no idea if this company keeps their promises but at least you are not installing old equipment...

JustClean

Reaction score
Kind of looks like the same thing as the USA Technologies ePort G9 system. What scares me is there is no phone number only e-mail for support. I just sent them 2 e-mails asking for more information, like compatibility with 24 volt AC pulse protocol, upfront cost, general operating costs etc. I wonder how long it will take for them to respond.
Please let us know about the response time and what you find out. BTW I found a phone number under Global Presence.

It's true it looks like the ePort. Unfortunately, they don't sell the ePort to Australia. So my options are limited. :(

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“They have marketing capabilities like loyalty cards, pre-paid, fleet accounts, specials at certain times, also integrated with an app.”

This is from its website.

“Nayax Cashless Vending gives vending and unattended operators the ability to offer closed environment solutions for employees and staff using company identification cards or pre/post paid cards.”

Note: “closed environment”

Closed or isolated means no interaction with external environment, the outside world.

Crypto was designed as plug and play product to allow carwash equipment to accept payment with plastic card. However, the product has no other marketing capabilities to drive customers to the wash.

Nayax is an integrated “system” specifically designed for vending operators.

The carwash industry has similar systems designed for carwash operators. Yes, systems are expensive because 1) system has many capabilities and 2) technical support is available.

Etowah

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is really interesting for the car wash industry:

http://nayax.com

This system works on pulse & MDB and is EMV compliant. Cryptopay watch out! I wonder if anyone has put this into a carwash (apart from a vending machine)?
Just Clean & others,

My question is "how moisture proof" is the EMV compliant Nayak & E-Port? That is a bigger factor for self serve bays in a northern climate that needs to have both exit & entrance doors shut during the winter time. Usually there is a greater need for the "moisture proof" attribute than for other types of car washes & vending machines ... in my as usual humble opinion.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

JustClean

Reaction score
Look, Robert, whatever rocks your boat! I am getting a bit bored discussing the few differences between the systems. One thing is for sure (which you have avoided to address) is the fact that most of the "established" systems for car wash operators still try to sell you obsolete equipment!

This puts us car wash operators who think of accepting c/c, in an awkward situation at the moment as there is only a limited choice.
But feel free to direct your customers in the right direction. ;)

Mike,
The water resistance is a valid point. I have to investigate the Nayax system a bit further. The "brain" seems to sit behind the actual card reader. So if the reader fails it might not be too expensive. Plus, maybe you then can still use one of the three reading options (swipe, wave or chip).

gearhead

Reaction score
I have one on my vending machine and it's out in the open. Rain sleet and snow and still works perfectly. I also have no problem getting to talk to a human when I need help. I'm really happy with the first year of service it has given me.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have one on my vending machine and it's out in the open. Rain sleet and snow and still works perfectly. I also have no problem getting to talk to a human when I need help. I'm really happy with the first year of service it has given me.
gearhead & others,

I am not sure but it seems like self service wand car wash overspray (deliberate or accidental) is worse than even a whipping strong wind driven rain that could hit an outdoors installed credit card equipped vending machine.

On a side note ... I know when I traded in my 2 year old smart phone that was no longer as current as the latest version ... the salesperson said that if it was detected by an internal indicator that the 2 year old phone had ever gotten wet ... he would not have been able to allow me the $110 trade in credit. Not sure if that example is relevant but it does give a glimpse at how electronics manufacturers in general do not overly cut people extra slack on warranties & other considerations.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

Last edited:

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“….most of the "established" systems for car wash operators still try to sell you obsolete equipment!....at the moment as there is only a limited choice.”

I guess that is my point, you are looking outside the lines for solutions. Why is that?

In other words, why are vending suppliers able to meet the demand of vendors and the carwash industry cannot?

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
“….most of the "established" systems for car wash operators still try to sell you obsolete equipment!....at the moment as there is only a limited choice.”

I guess that is my point, you are looking outside the lines for solutions. Why is that?

In other words, why are vending suppliers able to meet the demand of vendors and the carwash industry cannot?
A very good question indeed. One I raised about 10 years ago when I wanted to do CC in bays and the cost was over $2000 a by. I wondered why taxis could have CC acceptance with printers installed in cabs where it communicated wirelessly for under $500.00 per cab. I know the SS CC must communicate with the timer but still. Then of course about 7 years later Cryotopay came up with a competitive solution. Lets face it few (If any) things in the Car Wash industry are proprietary to the industry and is adopted from other industries.

That being said, the gas retailers were given an additional 2 years to upgrade pay at the pump solutions due to the difficulty involved. I was quoted $3500 per double sided dispenser to do it. now. I decided to wait. The pay at the pump solution may be more akin to SS card readers.

slash007

Reaction score
I've had to replace my nayax cc reader at least 3 times so far since I've had it. I think it's been 2 years now. The last time, they sent me one that is supposed to be more weather resistant and so far it's been holding up for about 6 months. Support is great and it's easy to get someone on the phone.

SuperClean

Reaction score
I have had this for about 2 years now in Canada. I have not upgraded to this model that will offer interact but I hope to do so soon.

JustClean

Reaction score
“….you are looking outside the lines for solutions. Why is that?...
Robert, you still haven't addressed the point: What are YOU advising your customers to buy right now? Sorry, I can't say it more clearly.

Thanks to all the replies in regards to the Nayax system. It sounds it will do what I want it to do.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“What are YOU advising your customers to buy right now?”

I don’t because that is not my area of expertise. My interest is what operators decide to do.

What I’d do as owner is different story.

Future of carwash is exterior express.

So, as conveyor or combination self-serve or location-based in-bay adopting express or flex format, I would probably select DRB or ICS.

It doesn’t speak well about an industry segment when operators are forced to look outside the lines for viable solutions.

That’s why I probed.