What's new

Nayax C/C for car wash?

JustClean

Reaction score

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but learning about alternative equipment to tender card based payments, why would it not be feasible to say implement a lexan/clear abs hinged door to protect the reader? I have one on my change machine and it sees like it would be a smart idea regardless of IP rating?

JustClean

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but learning about alternative equipment to tender card based payments, why would it not be feasible to say implement a lexan/clear abs hinged door to protect the reader? I have one on my change machine and it sees like it would be a smart idea regardless of IP rating?
I think it is a great idea. There might be a chance that it is turning brown in the sun or is in the customer's way for payment. In one hand he holds the wallet, in the other hand he holds the card and somehow he has to lift the door to swipe. But it definitely reduces the chances of water getting into the machine. And it is absolutely cheaper to replace than a reader :)

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I will jump in here to add some info to what has already been talked about. I have been selling this credit card system made by the InOne company for years; it was called Arrow, then it changed to Iris, and now it is called Nayax. Nayax is an Israeli company that is the parent company as I understand it. The latest model is the VPOS which can take mag stripe, chip cards, NFC devices, and accepts Apple Pay. There is a control box that goes with each reader that mounts remotely and is wireless in transmission. The Nayax can be be set up for pulse or MDB (for glass-front vendors) and does come in a water resistant model called the WR. The other side of the WR coin is that you lose the chip card capability on the reader; the choice is yours. I have sold the Nayax system for years and have never had a water issue with the reader. In the bay there is a possibility of water problems because of the high pressures used whereas rain is not high pressure.

The unique feature on the Nayax reader is the audio that is available to interact with the customer. The audio "talks" to the customer during the transaction, says thank you to the customer which is just good marketing. The audio feature is the reason I sell this product.

The use of credit cards is no panacea, but, if you want to offer credit card capability to your customers, Nayax has my vote. By the way I just talked to InOne and went on their website; there will be a new all-in-one VPOS terminal coming in 5-6 months. Technology changes every day!!

Uncle Sam :)

Etowah

Kevin James

Reaction score
I’d be interested to find out what the fees are with the Nayax card system. We have a couple of USA Technologies ePort G8 readers on our bill changers and we pay .10 a swipe, $7.95 a month for the cell phone line and 2.5% on the total transaction. I wonder how that compares with the Nayax card system. Does anyone have a Nayax card system on any of their equipment other than Vending machine?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“….WR coin is that you lose the chip card capability on the reader…”

Does this apply to contact and/or contactless smart cards?

My need is location-based hand wash and network of mobile units.

Would suites apply to this? It would seem so.

JustClean

Reaction score
By the way I just talked to InOne and went on their website; there will be a new all-in-one VPOS terminal coming in 5-6 months. Technology changes every day!!
Uncle Sam :)
Uncle Sam, I noticed they have taken the WR down for the VPOS Terminal. Cheers Justclean

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Kevin----There is a monthly fee of $9.95 to pay for the cell phone use during the transaction and for a daily email report to you on sales and a $5.95% fee for the amount of the purchase. If you sell token notes or packs thru the vendor for $5 or more the percentage number drops.

Robert----The reader has a slot on the bottom for chip cards only to be accepted. As I understand the WR unit, this capability would be lost. All other methods can be used. Don't know what you mean by "suites".

Just clean----I only went to website last week, so I never saw the WR reader, only the VPOS terminal.

Uncle Sam

Last edited:

CleanWD

cleanwd.com
Reaction score
We use nayax system for our CC customers with our Rhino-mats. It was arrow before but as far as issues we have had none.

JustClean

Reaction score
I just had a long talk to someone who has worked in the card industry for a very long time (not in the US though). He said to be EMV compliant currently the banks would not allow "wave (swipe) and when finished press END". I contacted many banks and asked the same question. It seems true. The implication for the self serve carwash would be that every wave would give a transaction with a preset amount of money. This means if the customer only needs a little bit more time he has to make another rather large transaction or beat the clock. I also asked the question if selecting an amount and then waving would work: Chances are that this can happen but at the moment - NO. :(

This highlights again the fact that buying a credit card system at the moment is rather difficult.
If anyone else has a different experience and is EMV compliant I would like to hear from you.
Thank you.

JustClean

Reaction score
Just clean----I only went to website last week, so I never saw the WR reader, only the VPOS terminal.
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam, CleanWD
What are the steps for a transactions on your machines?
Do you have to swipe and press "Transaction END" if you want several products or is it each product/time a transaction?
Cheers Justclean

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Just Clean----I have been away from my computer for the Holidays so here is the procedure for Nayax. The customer swipes or places their card near the reader to obtain a pre-authorized credit limit on the vendor. That number can be set by you depending on the highest priced item in the vendor, but is usually $5-$10 unless you are selling higher priced gift cards. The control board programming in the vendor is usually set to vend one item at a time whether cash or credit card. You do have the option of changing the program in the vendor to "multi-vend" which allows the customer to makes more than one selection before the sales transaction is ended.

Some customers get concerned when they immediately go online to monitor the credit card purchase they just made. If the pre-authorized dollar amount is $6 and they only purchased a two dollar item, they get very concerned and start calling the vendor owner. They do not understand that the pre-authorized amount will be adjusted to the actual amount spent the next day by the processor computer.

I trust i have answered your questions. Uncle Sam :)

Randy

Reaction score
Jim, I believe “JustClean” wants to use the Nayax card reader system in his bays and vacuums, not on a vending machine. Where he's located credit card systems are a whole different ball game.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Randy,

I was just answering JustClean's questions about how the Nayax works under multiple vend programming. The Nayax system can be either Pulse (Bays or Vacs) or MDB for a vendor. Under the multi-vend programming the reader will have to use the start/stop button just as a customer would in a bay or vacs. I hope JustClean now has the infomation needed to make a decision.

Uncle Sam

JustClean

Reaction score
Randy,

I was just answering JustClean's questions about how the Nayax works under multiple vend programming. The Nayax system can be either Pulse (Bays or Vacs) or MDB for a vendor. Under the multi-vend programming the reader will have to use the start/stop button just as a customer would in a bay or vacs. I hope JustClean now has the infomation needed to make a decision.

Uncle Sam
Hi Sam, hi Randy,
Thank you very much for this. It's really interesting to hear how it works in the US. I was told from a Nayax dealer that to be EMV compliant you can't "swipe and press stop" when finished. Now, I don't know if this means Nayax is still not compliant in the US or it is going to change soon, or they've relaxed the rules?!???
Maybe it is different from country to country.

Any ideas how Nayax works in Canada? Is multivend compliant there?

Last edited:

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Hi Sam, hi Randy,
Thank you very much for this. It's really interesting to hear how it works in the US. I was told from a Nayax dealer that to be EMV compliant you can't "swipe and press stop" when finished. Now, I don't know if this means Nayax is still not compliant in the US or it is going to change soon, or they've relaxed the rules?!???
Maybe it is different from country to country.

Any ideas how Nayax works in Canada? Is multivend compliant there?
Just Clean,

I have learned more about Nayax and the EMV card. Nayax does work in Canada and is supported by them. The processor might be different than in the U.S., but Nayax people say they have many systems in Canada.

The multi-vend feature is a programmable feature in the ShurVend vending machine, but I don't know about others.

The EMV card is the "chip" card and is still being implemented in the U.S. and maybe Canada. Changes are coming so rapidly, so it is hard to keep up.

If you want a name and phone number for a person at Nayax to discuss their system, please PM me and i will get it for you.

Uncle Sam

SuperClean

Reaction score
I have it in Canada for the bays. It works Great I have it set at $7.00 so every swipe is for that amount. I will be adding the interact this week with the system.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
SuperClean,

Good to have you reporting such satisfaction with this credit card system. Nayax is working very hard to be on the leading edge of the credit card systems. This info should help JustClean make an intelligent decision. Boy there are many "Clean" handles out there!!!

Uncle Sam

JustClean

Reaction score
Okay, so today I pulled the trigger on a Nayax system. I hope it does what I want it to do. I ordered 12 units which will be installed an all bays, automatics, vacs, dogwash and vending. I'll keep you updated. BTW the combined fees are exorbitant but my old machine was killing me so I had to do something.