What's new

NAYAX and ePort for Unitec Wash Select II (Self Service Bays coming soon)

gpsoma

Reaction score
I have two Nayax units and two of Johns boards and have yet to install them. The reason I have not installed them is two fold...

First, if you use Nayax to process the rate is extremely competitive at 2.5% regardless of if its is a rewards card, debit card, apple pay etc. Thats the good news. The bad news is it shows up on the customers credit card statement simply as 'Nayax Vending 34 Hunt Valley MD". I was unaware that my wash name would not appear. The reason for this is that Nayax is the holder of the merchant account, not you.

The second reason is that our wash prices range from $10 to $19. When a customer buys a wash the Nayax unit authorizes for the $19 regardless of whether they swiped first or chose a wash first. That is not how it was explained to me. If they choose the wash first, there is no reason to authorize for any other amount than that in my mind. The way people instantly check purchases on their smart phones makes this a problem.

Combine these two issues and I think I would be in for a litany of phone calls asking what is going on. So as of this moment I am still paying my two $7.50/mo fee for each unit until I can get back at it and figure something out. If one of these two issues could be resolved I might try it with added signage, but both, no way.

Thank you for your reply. I am from Canada and instead of Nayax I can chose First Data as the payment processor. They also offer the same rate (2.5%) and it will show my business name in the customer's statement. But, I don't like credit cards being authorized for the highest package even when the wash package is selected first.
I have already opened accounts with First Data and Nayax but, I want to confirm all the major issues have been fixed before installing the unit. Thanks.

DavidM

Reaction score
I have been using Nayax on a WashSelect 2 for about 4 months. There are some trade offs but I was installing a used WS2 and it would have cost me a couple thousand dollars to upgrade modem and card readers.

Nayax has functioned very well. Their rates are very good. They now show "Nayax Car Wash" on the credit card statement instead of Nayax Vend. It has not caused any customer confusion. It allows us to accept the latest payment methods (chipped, tap to pay, pay by phone)

Downsides: 1) The preauthorization amount being equivalent to the highest price car wash - a few customers have asked about that.
2) Not integrating fully with the WS2 - Nayax will continue to accept payments even if WashSelect or automatic is out of service. I am using the board sold by Mike so there may be a solution in the future for this.

Nayax has been easy to work with, for us it has been worth the trade offs so far.

David

gpsoma

Reaction score
Good feedback and definitely there are many trade offs. What happens when a customer select the top wash package, then change his mind and select a different package?. Does the WS 2 dispense coins for the change?

Randy

Reaction score
I think the simplest way to do the Nayax or USA Technologies Eport car reader system would be do what Costco does and have one price for their car wash, $7.99 plus tax, no cash, cards only. Each wash includes, Spot-free rinse, Surface protectant, Tire shine, Wheel cleaner, Wax & shine and Underbody flush & rust inhibitor. By going to one price you won’t have to mess around with interface boards. It would be easy enough to do, figure out what your average car wash package is and go with that price point.

gpsoma

Reaction score
It's true but, I want to have at least three packages.

DavidM

Reaction score
I have made a setting change to the Nayax VPOS and it no longer preauthorizes for the most expensive car wash. It simple authorizes for the price of the wash that they have chosen. Thanks to Mike for explaining how to do this.

That eliminates one of the items that bothered me. At this point, I am happy with Nayax, I would definitely recommend it.

The out of service issues still exists but our machines are rarely out of service so it isn't a major issue. If someone tries to buy a wash, even though it says out of service, we happily refund their money.

We currently have 4 packages at this location, I'm not sure why dropping to one package would make it any better.

David

gpsoma

Reaction score
Good news and I will talk to Mike to get further information. Thanks.

gpsoma

Reaction score
My Wash Select 2 is, sometimes, not dispensing the correct change. Does anyone face the same problem?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have made a setting change to the Nayax VPOS and it no longer preauthorizes for the most expensive car wash. It simple authorizes for the price of the wash that they have chosen. Thanks to Mike for explaining how to do this.

That eliminates one of the items that bothered me. At this point, I am happy with Nayax, I would definitely recommend it.

The out of service issues still exists but our machines are rarely out of service so it isn't a major issue. If someone tries to buy a wash, even though it says out of service, we happily refund their money.

We currently have 4 packages at this location, I'm not sure why dropping to one package would make it any better.

David
Thats good news David. That in itself might get these units installed before this winter comes. Is that something done on the unit itself or on-line regarding the pre-auth? Also, did you have to change something to get it to say Nayax Car Wash rather than Vend? I swiped mine the other day just to play with it and it still shows Nayax Vend.

Thanks

DavidM

Reaction score
The pre-auth change is done online. Mike sent me a PDF that shows the steps to take to change it. I can forward it to you if you would like.

Credit card statements have always read Nayax Car Wash for our VPOS. I don't know if that was because of the settings we used or the way Nayax set it up the processing account. You may need to speak to someone at Nayax.

David

moonlighterag

Reaction score
I have a couple of ACW-4s that I want to put Nayax VPOS on, has anyone had success? What is needed? What is the customer experience?

ian486

Reaction score
Looking into Nayax for our Wash Select 2. Question, does this board handle the prices changing during the week? We have specials on Monday and Wed and offer promo codes for 1$ off. Looks like the board doesnt read the prices from the machine. If that is the case, that wouldnt work for us. Doesnt Nayax offer pulse now?

JohnF21

Reaction score
Looking into Nayax for our Wash Select 2. Question, does this board handle the prices changing during the week? We have specials on Monday and Wed and offer promo codes for 1$ off. Looks like the board doesnt read the prices from the machine. If that is the case, that wouldnt work for us. Doesnt Nayax offer pulse now?
Monex offers a solution that works with pulse and serial. No retrofitting required.

JohnF21

Reaction score
Do you have link to a web site? or more information? "Monex" doesn't tell me squat!
Here you go......

Randy

Reaction score
LOL! I looked at it and there's no way for the Monex equipment to tell the Pay station how much to charge when the customer selects a wash. There needs to be an interface between the Monex reader system and the Pay station controller. The Monex system might work OK if the car wash had a single price for all of there wash packages and I lived in Canada. LOL!!

JohnF21

Reaction score
You can set the four charges directly on the device.