What's new

Nayak Vs Monex Vs CryptoPay

theoffspringer

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if we could discuss the pros and cons of each one. I currently have CryptoPay and the main issue is the number of card read issues causing customers to drive off and use another wash provider. I Have been looking into Nayak and Monexgroup. But would love to have feedback from owners that use each of these readers.

MEP001

Reaction score
There are several threads on this you can read.

theoffspringer

Reaction score
Actually there are very few threads on this that aren't over 6 years old or more. If you do not have Nayax or monex please do not comment further I don't want people commenting about what they don't have or thought they heard. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score

Just from searching Nayax, none of these are even two years old.

APW

Reaction score
I have a boatload of customers who's card will not work with Cryptopay also.. I've been talking to Monex and they are sending me a test unit to try on my Wash Select 2. Hopefully it will work and if so I plan on switching over to them.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have a boatload of customers who's card will not work with Cryptopay also.. I've been talking to Monex and they are sending me a test unit to try on my Wash Select 2. Hopefully it will work and if so I plan on switching over to them.
APW can you just summarize how you expect it to work? How are they integrating it? Is it pulse, MDB? Is it going to be seamless like the unitec swiper and cryptopay or do they have to select the wash on the monex and press the button?

APW

Reaction score
I
APW can you just summarize how you expect it to work? How are they integrating it? Is it pulse, MDB? Is it going to be seamless like the unitec swiper and cryptopay or do they have to select the wash on the monex and press the button?
About all I know is that it uses coin pulses, so I am going to try and set it up just like my Cryptopay swipers. I'll post once I figure it out.

kentadel

Reaction score
We use pulse on our self service and vacs and MDB on the autocashier. We select the wash/price on the autocashier screen and then direct customer to pay with cash or card. On vacs we have customer swipe, count up, and the customer pushes an added stop button when finished. Charge is displayed on Vpos. For self service credit card customers we went away from count up and are giving price/time selections on Vpos screen for customer to choose how much they wish to spend. We found that not all customers turn the dial to stop when finished. I think we will switch vacs to that.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
We have a nayax only on bay about 8 months 0 issues, once we got it set up. We keep it covered in the bay.

Jim64

Reaction score
I have 5 Nayax readers in self serve bays. I have had them in service for 6 months. I chose them over the cryptopay after speaking with the cryptopay rep at the carwash show. I have been happy with them for the most part and I would choose them again. If you have specific questions then I would be glad to answer or give my opinion.

Keno

Reaction score
I have nayax in 6 bays and 2 Hamilton ACW, went with nayax after talking to all 3 at car wash show in Nashville last year, we are happy with them so far. We are going to add to 3 more bays, but apparently the new boards in the LED6 doesn't play nice with the Nayax count up(old boards we have currently are perfectly fine), so we are waiting for Dixmor to fix that issue to add the 3 more Nayax.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Im going to venture to guess that there will always be card read errors or other problems no matter what service or vendor you select. I know for a fact that one of my personal cards will not read at all at Lowes (swipe or chip), dont know why, it works everywhere else i just pull out another card and use it. That being said I have had cryptopay in 8 ss bays, my IBA paystation, 9 laurel vendors, and my token changer. The biggest issue i ever see is people being jerky and swiping the card like they are starting a lawn mower, if i approach them i ask if they are having trouble they always hand me the card i swipe slowly and 99% of the time it will read the first time. The usual reply is " i guess i was going to fast" Everybody is in too big of a hurry in todays times and seek immediate response. In dont have first hand experience with nayak or monex, but have no regrets after 3+years with crypto. I am purchasing another 10 bay, with 10 vacs, IBA, and 7 vendors in a month and the first matter at hand is cc. I will be installing cryptopay there as well on Day 1.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I have nayax in 6 bays and 2 Hamilton ACW, went with nayax after talking to all 3 at car wash show in Nashville last year, we are happy with them so far. We are going to add to 3 more bays, but apparently the new boards in the LED6 doesn't play nice with the Nayax count up(old boards we have currently are perfectly fine), so we are waiting for Dixmor to fix that issue to add the 3 more Nayax.
Keno can you be specific what problems with the led 6 cause

Keno

Reaction score
Keno can you be specific what problems with the led 6 cause
To be clear, this is only happening on the new units with the new boards. When stop is pressed on the nayax, the led6 continues to operate and count up. The functions will continue to work without charging the customer. I have 5 older ones with the old board that works fine, 1 was backordered and came with the new board and this was the result. Dixmor is aware of the issue and is working to fix it.

James.Ireland

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Nayax units. Have had them on for about a year now without any issues. I had them hooked up with a big physical stop button. Nayax was good to deal with once you got someone on the phone. Count-up is great.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Nayax units. Have had them on for about a year now without any issues. I had them hooked up with a big physical stop button. Nayax was good to deal with once you got someone on the phone. Count-up is great.
So how did you get the physical stop button to work? Did you have to have nayax make setting changes on thier end?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
So how did you get the physical stop button to work? Did you have to have nayax make setting changes on thier end?
On the Vpos Touch wiring harness, find "Door Open" and "GND" wires.
Connect those 2 wires to the contacts on your Normally Open push button switch.

Log On to your Nayax Management.

Vpos Device Features must have Door Open Functionality set to “As Cancel”

And Pulse/ccTalk Increment Source set to Door Open as Cancel”

These settings do not appear to be standard and likely must be added and activated by a Nayax customer service agent. Best to be on site and call them at 8:30 EST to ensure everything gets configured and works properly.

This settings info came from Nayax…I’m not sure if all agents are aware of these capabilities, so be prepared to spend some time on the phone.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Thanks for the info cantbreak80 we we had purchased a aftermarket stop and messed with it a while and gave up. Currently its in the bay boxes as we use the voltage converter that is with the unit. We covered the illuminated stop with tape as a nice added touch. Out customers have learned to stop on unit. We do get a fair amount od max charges but no one has complained.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Taking this one step further...

My client noticed that every credit transaction was billing even dollar amounts. This seemed odd because everybody doesn't stop their washing exactly at $5, $6, $7, etc.

Changing the Nayax programming solved that issue. I changed the settings under Pulse/ccTalk from 100/60 to 25/15. Now the transaction pricing on Count Up increments at 25c every 15 seconds instead of $1 every 60 seconds. (This client's car wash is priced at $3.00 to Start - $1.00 per Minute).

This location was also recently fitted with a Programmable Logic Relay to automate/mimic the touchscreen's STOP "button".

Big thanks to MEP001 for suggesting a simple wiring solution.
All unused contacts on the rotary switch's second stack are jumpered together to a single wire back to the equipment panel. The motor starter wires on the second stack are already in the equipment panel.
Those two 24vac hot wires connect to that bay's respective 2 inputs on the PLR.

When a customer selects OFF on the rotary switch, all 24v power to the 2 PLR inputs goes low (off).
This causes the PLR program to start it's 5 second countdown timer. The PLR's output then closes for 1 second, shorting the Nayax Door Open wire to Nayax Ground wire...Ending Charges.
Watch this clip for the "Auto Stop" solution. It's slicker than boiled okra!

View attachment IMG_1898(1).mp4

James.Ireland

Reaction score
Yes, I used the same options as Cantbreak80 above noted. I had Nayax make some changes on their end then I populated the configuration into the web interface. I then had to call Nayax support again because they still didn't work, but they fixed it. It seems like a bit of a convoluted install that wasn't intended for the purpose but it works.