What's new

My Coinless Install

Randy

Reaction score
My concerns would be what will the unknown monthly subscription fees be down the road. I can’t see how they can sell a device for $400 and support it without having a monthly subscription fee.

slash007

Reaction score
My concerns would be what will the unknown monthly subscription fees be down the road. I can’t see how they can sell a device for $400 and support it without having a monthly subscription fee.
They said it would likely be $69.99/month once they start charging the fee end of the year.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
They said it would likely be $69.99/month once they start charging the fee end of the year.
$69.99 per location? Per device? Also I would want to know for sure what it would be before I committed to this. I like the idea and I'm watching this thread carefully bc I think this is a good solution for guys with multiple sites but also for single site owners bc it always customers to build "points" i.e. loyalty system.

slash007

Reaction score
$69.99 per location? Per device? Also I would want to know for sure what it would be before I committed to this. I like the idea and I'm watching this thread carefully bc I think this is a good solution for guys with multiple sites but also for single site owners bc it always customers to build "points" i.e. loyalty system.
It's per site, not device.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Slash

You've been running about a month now on Coinless...any updates good or bad? Anything you would do differently?

Etowah

slash007

Reaction score
Slash

You've been running about a month now on Coinless...any updates good or bad? Anything you would do differently?
I was actually just about to post about it, so good timing. I didn't have much to say as I had been waiting on my signage to come in. Even thought I had everything installed and running at both washes, no one really knew about it except for the few people that I would tell as I was there working on stuff. We were confirming the design on the signs and they ended up taking some of my suggestions and making them permanent. Not all of my signs have come in, but most have and I just installed them about 5 days ago.

So far adoption has been slow, but steady. The biggest advantage for me so far is that this past week I've had a few complaints for random things like not knowing how to use Cryptopay or vac didn't work and for all of them, I would tell them to d/l the Coinless App and that they would get $5 when they sign up and then I would send them additional credit to make up for whatever they lost. Customer service wise, that has been awesome and I get more people signed up on the app.

Once I have had it running a bit longer and more people use it, I will post and update with any pros/cons. So far no issues and they have been regularly updating the app to add features and make it even easier to use.

slash007

Reaction score
Quick update. Been over a week now since most of my signs went up. So far adoption has been slow, but I've had at least one person a day sign up with 4 signing up on Saturday. Only marketing so far is mostly the small bay sign by the coinbox, so not much. I do expect it to take of similar to how cryptopay got popular, but not nearly as much as there is more involved to this for the customer as opposed to just swiping your card.

JLanman

Reaction score
Slash, have you tried demoing the app on a weekend? Not sure all the features of coinless, but if it is similar to our product, there should be some tools to help you engage your customers.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Slash, have you tried demoing the app on a weekend? Not sure all the features of coinless, but if it is similar to our product, there should be some tools to help you engage your customers.
Question to you -

Have any of your customers provided feedback as to the take rate of the app? What kind of percentages are they seeing? I've heard reports of other owners reporting figures below 10%? Is that accurate?

JLanman

Reaction score
Question to you -

Have any of your customers provided feedback as to the take rate of the app? What kind of percentages are they seeing? I've heard reports of other owners reporting figures below 10%? Is that accurate?
Car_Wash_Guy,

No hard data on % of total activity at a site being Touch4Wash activity. We have several owners that started with one site, then added to all their sites.

JLanman

Reaction score
We are installed on a site in Bermuda, where the only way for customers to request/pay for a wash is with Touch4Wash. They do not run with a pay station. 1 - IBA and 2 - Vacs. They are also running memberships through the system.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Slash

Just curious how the Coinless App integration is going? I'm looking into doing Coinless or CryptoPay and trying to make the decision and pull the trigger on this.

slash007

Reaction score
Slash

Just curious how the Coinless App integration is going? I'm looking into doing Coinless or CryptoPay and trying to make the decision and pull the trigger on this.
I like it so far and have no regrets. Adoption is very slow compared to actually swiping a credit card, so if you don't have CryptoPay and wanted to start with one, I would definitely do that first. I have it at 2 sites and at the busier site, I'm at around 200 users now since I've installed it back in October. At my other site, I have around 60 users. I use it myself all the time to wash down bays or to turn on a vacuum for a customer that lost money. That aspect of it has been very handy. I do believe it will continue to grow and hopefully once the warm weather hits, it will take off.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I like it so far and have no regrets. Adoption is very slow compared to actually swiping a credit card, so if you don't have CryptoPay and wanted to start with one, I would definitely do that first. I have it at 2 sites and at the busier site, I'm at around 200 users now since I've installed it back in October. At my other site, I have around 60 users. I use it myself all the time to wash down bays or to turn on a vacuum for a customer that lost money. That aspect of it has been very handy. I do believe it will continue to grow and hopefully once the warm weather hits, it will take off.

Thanks for the feed back. Anything you would do differently regarding the Coinless purchase/install?

Does it allow you to do fleet programs?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Given the situation that we are all in currently with COVID-19, the "Contactless" mentality is going to be more and more a new trend because of this so educating customers of a new way to activate equipment I feel is going to take off I'm already seeing more and more people using Apple/Android Pay at registers, tap n go at McDonald's, etc. I'm redesigning my s.s meter boxes with a QR code to start the wash.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Steve

Yes I totally agree with what you are saying but what really caught my attention is the QR code activation....would you mind elaborating on this?

slash007

Reaction score
With Coinless you put a sign with a QR code at each bay/vac and the customer then can scan the code to start the bay/vac. They don't have to scan the QR code, they can also just select the bay/vac number.

Not sure about fleets, I haven't looked into that. I wouldn't do much different about my install other than get signs that say "free $5 credit" instead of "free wash" when you sign up. I'm pretty sure that's what all their signs say now anyway.