What's new

My Coinless Install

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Here is a wash with Touch4Wash
Interesting concept. How many memberships do you think you would need to actually make money? Any idea what your typical cost is for your top automatic wash? I would think by being able to wash ANY CAR your average monthly usage per member would be higher. If I have three vehicles in my household and I only wash two of them each week that's 8 washes per month. Maybe the slow throughput of the in-bay solves that issue.

Zal

Reaction score
Hey J lanman can you tell us a bit about your "all in charges" and how much additional exchange charges to expect with Touch For Wash

JLanman

Reaction score
Interesting concept. How many memberships do you think you would need to actually make money? Any idea what your typical cost is for your top automatic wash? I would think by being able to wash ANY CAR your average monthly usage per member would be higher. If I have three vehicles in my household and I only wash two of them each week that's 8 washes per month. Maybe the slow throughput of the in-bay solves that issue.
Our data would say that on average members wash 3-4 times per month. This will vary through out the year and site by site, but as a whole this is what the data shows.

JLanman

Reaction score
Hey J lanman can you tell us a bit about your "all in charges" and how much additional exchange charges to expect with Touch For Wash
Absolutely. Being that Touch4Wash was developed by a car wash owner, we understand keeping cost low and have created a tiered fee model based on size of wash and activity at the wash. This is not a one size fits all model.
"All in charges" will vary by site size. I will illustrate with two site examples:
Site 1
2- IBA & 4 SS Bay location
Service fees. $65/month + $0.05/transaction

Site 2
1-IBA OR 4 SS Bay location
Service fees. $45/month + $0.05/transaction

The site fee is a fixed cost and the transaction fee is a variable cost along with the credit card processing fees.

Assume you are at Site 1 (above) and running a membership program and have 400 members at $30/month and washing 4 times per month/member (results will vary by site).
Owner Monthly Revenue - $12,000
All in monthly fees (Site fee, trans fee & processing fee) - $645
Percentage - 5.38%

Same assumptions as above using GoBuckeye's estimate of 8 washes per month/member....
Owner Monthly Revenue - $12,000
All in monthly fees (Site fee, trans fee & processing fee) - $725
Percentage - 6.04%

These examples are simply to show the impact on membership activity. Touch4Wash is equipped with pay as you go, fleet, prepaid credit, discounts and more. As these options are used by your customers, your "all in charges" will vary based on activity.

Hope this helps. Jim

JLanman

Reaction score
Here is an article we wrote about how to look at memberships. The memberships game boils down to converting "sometime" washing customers into fixed reliable revenue customers. To entice these customers you have to show value, this is where the whole unlimited concept comes from.

Hope this helps. Jim

Zal

Reaction score
Here is an article we wrote about how to look at memberships. The memberships game boils down to converting "sometime" washing customers into fixed reliable revenue customers. To entice these customers you have to show value, this is where the whole unlimited concept comes from.

Hope this helps. Jim
Thanks Jim,
We may talk again sometime when the world is back to some kind of normalcy.
Zal

Nimble

Reaction score
We have Coinless and love it! 🔆 they just rolled out an update with new tools.

coinless

Reaction score
This looks like one of the more interesting app based payment programs. I just downloaded the app to see if there are any washes in our area and there are none. It does not state the distance it uses to determine that. Before we buy anything we will use it as a customer first to see if it makes sense. It looks like we would have to go to Lexington KY to try it. :) What does each devise cost and what are their fees?
Hi OurTown, I know this is an old post, but we're just now joining this forum. I'm happy to answer any questions you have if you'd like to reach out to me directly.

Thanks!