What's new

Mixed denomination Bill Counter

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Mixed denomination Bill counter. Anyone using the lesser known and less expensive brands from Grace thru Ali Baba for $419 or increasing amounts for Demotio, Kolibri, ZZaap, Ribao, CCM, and Cassida?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Earl & others,

That would be tempting for us to upgrade our Sam's Club single denomination. We have been somewhat spoiled by the way our two Standard ChangeMaker three compartment bill sorters have been made reliable by us! There would be a gain from our self service coin car wash coin boxes since we are gradually getting more & more higher denomination bills ... especially $5s!!! Your right about the discerning ... in terms of initial cost & long term maintenance though.

no no no no ... what am I saying ... we all know ... that that 100% cashless will turn out to be all blue sky!!!!????

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use the Sam's club as well. But I got spoiled with a mixed counter.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Royal Sovereign units Sam's Club sells are definitely good units for the price. This is the least expensive sorter in that brand I could find:

We had a coin counter that was a good, solid unit, but it was imported. I had to quit using it after about five years because when the belts wore out I couldn't get replacements.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have the Royal Sovereign from Sams and I get like 5% of the stoppages that the fans ones at the bank uses! I might get one per entire counting. I'm completely satisfied with it.

Back 40

Reaction score
Is there a low cost version that sorts? I looked on sams club and am not seeing one that will sort 1s from 5s etc. we been hand counting for years it’s time to upgrade our system

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just got the Royal Sovereign. I will report back..

Mchas

Reaction score
Get a Cummins 2 pocket counter/sorter. About $2k used but fastest way to count and sort bills. Hard to believe some people do it by hand - your time is valuable, spend the money for a machine that can do it much quicker and more reliably.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Get a Cummins 2 pocket counter/sorter. About $2k used but fastest way to count and sort bills. Hard to believe some people do it by hand - your time is valuable, spend the money for a machine that can do it much quicker and more reliably.
To sort 4 denominations you run it thru 3 times?

Back 40

Reaction score
Which model Cummins do you have?

8 years hand counting.. its time for an upgrade. Lol

chaz

Reaction score
Yep...Cummins is the best.

Mchas

Reaction score
Correct, each time you put a stack of bills through, it will count one denomination in the top pocket, and reject the rest in the second pocket. And it will stop at the strap limit so you can easily strap the bills. For example if you put in a big stack of mixed bills and the first one is a $1, it will put all $1 in the top pocket until it hits 100 of them and then stop so you can remove the stack and then it continues.

I have the Cummins 4096. I have had it for several years and it has been great. Requires a little maintenance here and there (mainly cleaning the rollers) and an overhaul once but totally worth it for the time savings and accuracy.

There are probably plenty of videos on YouTube so you can see how it works.

Cummins tends to be the brand that banks use and they are built very solidly so I wouldn’t even bother with other consumer oriented brands.

Edit: if anyone is serious about buying one I got mine used from a guy who buys them from banks etc and refurbishes them and sells them and could give you his contact info. I see he currently has a 4096 for sale for $2200 but I bet he would be a little flexible. The cost of these machines new is probably $4-5k I would guess. PM me for his contact info.

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Check the price of new ones first. I bought one about 15 or so years ago for about 4K. I pretty much wore it out and bought a new one about 3 years ago for around $2500.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I bought a Glory S80 bill counter/sorter about 15 years ago. Still works fine and never been sent out for service. I think I bought it from a booth at the car wash convention.

My only complaint is that it's never been updated for the new bill designs, so it won't recognize the newer 5's, 10's or 20's.

I contacted the service dept and the cost to have it updated was crazy like over $1000.

slash007

Reaction score
I use the Kisan Newton and love it. Been using it for about 7 years and it's been priceless. Paid around $2300 for it. I consider it the best time saver I've purchased.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 4096 and one 4098. I don't like them. I like the single pocket Jetscan much better. Had so many problems with jams, no calls, chains, and doubles (even with a new unit and having an older one refurbished by factory). After a while I had an idea: Why sort? What the heck am I doing sorting all this for? Its money and the bank is there to manipulate whatever money I put in the account to their own profit desires. Just give them a total by running it through the scanner twice. The key to this is using the same bank that gave you the loan! (Its funny that most banks require you to use their bank for the deposit account when you get a loan from them... Their mistake!)