What's new

Mixed denomination Bill Counter

MEP001

Reaction score
That sucks. Friend of mine had the cheapest Royal Sovereign counter from Sam's and it worked well. I would have thought that a unit which costs ten times as much would have worked too.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
That sucks. Friend of mine had the cheapest Royal Sovereign counter from Sam's and it worked well. I would have thought that a unit which costs ten times as much would have worked too.
That was one of the reasons I bought it . I have the single denomination From Sams at 3 locations and like it.

doublj70

Reaction score
I used to have a single pocket Cummins, but upgraded to a new dual pocket 4098 Cummins a few years ago. It was was well worth the expense. It saves so much time!

Reaction score
I bought my 2 pocket Cummins on ebay for $800. I didnt see the point in buying a single pocket machine. The cummins is nice because it will face and orient the bills as well.

cmawash

Reaction score
I have 2 of the 4096 and one 4098. I don't like them. I like the single pocket Jetscan much better. Had so many problems with jams, no calls, chains, and doubles (even with a new unit and having an older one refurbished by factory). After a while I had an idea: Why sort? What the heck am I doing sorting all this for? Its money and the bank is there to manipulate whatever money I put in the account to their own profit desires. Just give them a total by running it through the scanner twice. The key to this is using the same bank that gave you the loan! (Its funny that most banks require you to use their bank for the deposit account when you get a loan from them... Their mistake!)
have a cummings dual pocket unit, little bit more expensive at first, but its a work horse, our main concern when its has a problem then cummings factory service comes to our operation and its fixed, we run a 30 K bills at one time thru the counter. watch out for used units cummings does not service some of the older units, found out the hard way via e bay, luckily it got returned, we use 4098 and are very happy with it

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Yes, still like it - DOES NOT sort. Bank takes unsorted - They have a massive sorter- Sorts 1-100.
Earl & others,

In some ways, it would be nice to have it have an off sort. In other words only counts & stacks the bill that is currently set while off sorting the rest with a different setting for a future pass & sort-stack. Based on the Ribao's specs it appears it might be much better at detecting counterfeits than the Sam's Royal Sovereign Digital Bill Counter that we use.

We have always brought in our bills sorted to our bank. We have a template that we fill in as we process ... so we can pinpoint the specific denomination that the bank might be off while they count. That has proved helpful on those occasions that the teller might make an error. At that point they often correct themselves with a recount.

I am surprised at how many of the tellers choose to count the bigger denomination bills by hand. Most with their lubricant that they use on their finger ... are unbelievably fast at the manual count of the presorted bills. As long as yours truly "mr chatterbox" does not distract them! If there is a waiting line behind ... I hate to be about a popular as a "skunk".

Back 40

Reaction score
The Cummins 1098 has been working great. I can’t believe I hand counted bills for years without one.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
are you still happy with this unit. Confirm it does not sort bills? If not would you recommend a sorter around this price range. Thank you
Still happy - Does not sort. I have no recommendation of what you seek.

MEP001

Reaction score
If not would you recommend a sorter around this price range.
You won't find a sorter in this price range. They start around $2,000.

A friend of mine bought the cheap counter from Sam's. His worked fine. I bought one, and I can't get it to count more than five bills at a time before it jams. Utterly useless. I spent three hours with it trying to adjust to get it to work, it's still in pieces on my workbench and will probably end up in the trash before I waste any more effort on it.

jvannest

Reaction score
I use the Kisan Newton and love it. Been using it for about 7 years and it's been priceless. Paid around $2300 for it. I consider it the best time saver I've purchased.
Thank you for the feedback! Jason Van Nest - Kisan America, Inc.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Outta curiosity, why don't yall just let your bank count it? They csn do it in about 5/6 minutes!
They are a BANK...COUNTING $$ IS WHAT THEY DO!

slash007

Reaction score
Outta curiosity, why don't yall just let your bank count it? They csn do it in about 5/6 minutes!
Saves me lots of time at the bank. They dont' even count mine anymore since it's been so accurate. Also, until they upgraded last year, my machine was faster than theirs.

OurTown

Reaction score

Our credit union has miscounted our cash so many times and is getting worse as time goes on. Sometimes I'm off by one bill amount so I let it slide but many times they are off a hundred dollars. I think it is not their machines but how they calculate it. In my opinion they are not trained well and is really aggravating.

MEP001

Reaction score
My bank (Wells Fargo) requires them sorted and strapped, and they verify everything with their own counter. They don't even have a sorter anymore. I do night drops so I don't have to stand in line and wait for them to count and verify.

I was really glad to have night drops set up before COVID shutdowns because I'd have to make an appointment to go into a branch to make a deposit. Sometimes the next one was two weeks out. At least I only had to deposit coins maybe three times during the shutdowns.

MEP001

Reaction score
I could make a very long list of things that banks used to do for free that they now either don't do at all or charge money to do. Why is it even legal for them to charge $535 for a bag of 2000 quarters or 500 dollar coins? My fiancée's credit union is the only place in town that takes mixed loose coins for deposit without charge, even then only a limited amount at a time. None of the national banks even have a coin counter.