What's new

Methanol Pump

washregal

Reaction score
I am haing some issues with my methanol soap. Seems when my system changes over to methanol foam brush.. The FloJet needs to be banged on by a wrench and than kicks over to pump.

Anyone have any suggestions for this? I did change the Flo Jet and still the same problem..

When I adjust the thermostat it kicks over to my summer foam brush great.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I always use flojet pumps in tandem...prevents one from sticking. I believe you can even buy a tandem pump from them instead of two separate pumps.

Mike

Randy

Reaction score
The only system I have the Flojet G57 pump installed on anymore is the Foam Brush system. In 15 years I think I?ve replaced 2 pumps, all of the ones that have failed had volume issues but still pumped. I think it might be kind of redundant to have them hooked up tandem, but I guess it?s not a bad idea. Flojet makes a 2 pump model and a 4 pump model. I just found out that Flojet is coming out with new G57 series pump that will have ?Kalrez? seals for pumping acids, it?s suppose to hold up better than the ?Viton? seals.

Randy

Reaction score
NO, The Diaphragms in the pump are made of Viton.

washnvac

Reaction score
Are any of you guys having any problems with the Flo-Jets failing?? The ones made in Mexico have only been lasting me 8-12 months once installed. I have four washes, and this happens at all but one. That one has the original A-OK equipment Flo-Jets--Made in the USA- 11 years old. Fortunatley the warranty is 16 months from production, so I have been getting the credit for the failed units. I have sent back 12 this year; getting ready to send one more. I date all the pumps, so I Know when I replace. It is across all low pressure chemicals, so there is not a rhyme or reason to it--so I surmise. I am running dry air at 75-80 p.s.i. There does not seem to be another replacement for the job the Flo-Jet does (when functioning properly, that is). So, I keep using them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've only replaced one with the "Made in Mexico" models, which despite leaking a bit around the sides hasn't had any problems pumping. I just hope they're not cutting back on quality to save money, because the FloJets have been one of the most reliable things in our wash.

A friend of mine has basically condemned Flojets altogether, but he also has no water filters on any of the systems with which he's had trouble.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
I take it your using the G5700. We haven?t experienced any large amount of pump failures. How are they failing? Are they failing on the Foam brush system also? I?ll do some checking and see what I can find out from my supplier. Have you been in contact with Flojet? What have they said? Who are you sending them back to? As far as I know there isn?t a pump that works better than the G5700 for the car wash industry. The AREO was the pump of choice for a number of years but they were absolutely terrible.

washnvac

Reaction score
Yes, I am using the G57. Most time, they start leaking a significant amount of air between cycles. Some will partially pump--sort of like half of the cycle is missing. Some leak fluid out the muffler. This is on tire cleaner, pre-soak, and foam brush. Not one chemical more than another. Pressure is on the pump all the time - 75-80 p.s.i. That is the way all my washes are set up. I suppose I could spend money to install a multiplexer and soleniod to shut air off when there is no use; but I do not think I should have to. Aro pump is not an option--been there, done that. The minute one starts to leak or act up, I pull them off. Back to Kleen-Rite they go. I have received credit for everyone. I have not contacted Flo-Jet directly, but they should get the picture with all that have been sent back. The warranty is 16 months from production, so that it why I immediately take it off once there is the slightest bit of leaking (air or fluid). The first part of the serial number has the year and a letter which corresponds to the month. A=Jan, B=Feb, etc. If it was only one of my washes, I would say it was something wrong there, but like I said it is all washes execept the oldest one with original Flo-Jets made in the U.S.A.--11 years old. That looks like proof to me....

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Washnvac, IMO I'd use a solenoid to kill the air to them when not used, with a bleed off, you will save fluid if a line breaks and maybe the pump will last longer.

washnvac

Reaction score
When a line breaks?? That never happens in a car wash. Actually that is good advice, Bill. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and spend a few bucks. After a bit of thought, I would really only need one soleniod with one multiplexer. I will kill the air to all three low pressure pumps when there is no timed up bay. I do that next week at one location, and report later on if it makes a difference in the Flo-Jet issues. Thanks for the input.

Randy

Reaction score
I don?t know how you can use 1 MX-8 multiplexer to operate 3 different systems. The MX-8 multiplexer has 8 inputs from the bays and 1 output to control what ever you want to control. On the MX-8 whatever voltage you supply into the MX-8 is going to be your output voltage, this a separate power supply than the 24 volts AC that comes from the bays. I have a MX-8 on my low pressure Presoak/Tire Cleaner systems to start and stop the Procon pump. If you?re going to put in a MX-8 multiplexer you might want to think about putting in a 110 volt Procon pump for your Presoak/Tire Cleaner system. I still use the Flojet G57 on my Foam brush system.

Attachments

washnvac

Reaction score
I will just use it on the main air line feeding all three Flo-Jets. One 1/2 inch feed goes to skid, then splits into three 3/8" lines to each Flo-Jet. When a bay times up- solenoid open, when time goes off- solenoid closes.

MEP001

Reaction score
washnvac said:
I will just use it on the main air line feeding all three Flo-Jets. One 1/2 inch feed goes to skid, then splits into three 3/8" lines to each Flo-Jet. When a bay times up- solenoid open, when time goes off- solenoid closes.
That should work, you'll just have to input the timed load from each bay to the multiplexer.

Randy

Reaction score
That's a great idea. How are you going to wire in 1 MX-8 multiplexer to open a master air solenoid valve from each individual bay? The MX-8 needs a individual signal from each low pressure bay function.

Randy

Reaction score
Pat, That would work as long as you have a extra wire in your coin box that goes back to the equipment room. I don?t have any extra wires and I wasn?t about to pull another wire from the equipment room. That?s why I came off the terminal strip that supplies power to the solenoid valves to power up the MX-8.