What's new

Martial Arts

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
My only fight experiance comes from TKD tournaments and sparring in class. I have had some Aiki Jujutsu/Ninjutsu/Judo training but not BJJ. I recently got to know my neighbor who have been boxing since he was a kid. We practice and spar in my polebarn. I keep him at bay with my TKD kicking and he uses his boxing skills when he can get on the inside. We both are able to maintain a "safe" power level and get in a great workout!

Danny

Reaction score
Cross training is really good IMO. You get to test your skills for weakness and adjust making yourself more well rounded. In my BJJ class there is a 19yr old 4 yr wrestler, he is young fast and strong LOL he makes me work! I am also interested in sparring with a few of the new students, one a Krav Maga instructor and other a very tall/big muay thai cage fighter with a small amount of BJJ experience. I would love to see a black belt ninjutsu instructor train with a black belt BJJ instructor, since historically I believe they have very similiar backroounds. See how they each style has evolved.

I will have to see about getting some pics of me training to post on here.

Danny

Reaction score
I thought I would pass this on since we are all getting older and injuries don't seem to heal like when I was 20! LOL Several years back in my BJJ class I injured the cartilage between my rib and sternum. I was out for months, the only solution anyone gave me was to rest it and there was nothing that could be done for a rib injury. I took 5 yrs off and still would hurt. I began reseaching again and found about some new trials for treating carpul tunnel syndrome with great success. I started this myself and have had good success. Not only does my old rib injury feel better and stronger but all my joints are feeling better including knees, wrists and ankles.

Here is what I take everyday after dinner:
Vitamin B6 100+mg
Vitamin B complex
Fish oil with EPA & DHA
Daily Vitamin with copper

I take other vitamins but this has really helped the old joints.

Danny

Reaction score
Bill good point.
I take 2mg a day of copper in my daily vitamin. 100% of the RDA is 2mg. The high dose of B6 can lead to a deficiency in other B vitamins that is why I also add in the vitamin b complex to combat that problem.