What's new

Major life decision

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just saw this Ben. Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't frequent this subforum too often. My friend did say he'd talk, but he's tough to get in touch with. He actually enjoys talking to newcomers, but he stays busy.. He spends many hours a day on the phone or in conference calls. Best thing I can recommend is keep trying. You can also try a text. Mention I told you to call him and that may help. If nothing else find out historical highs and lows of EBITDA.

I also recommend joining the facebook group talkcarwash, but I'd be careful soliciting buying advice and giving specifics there, There are some experienced people but a lot of people marginally profitable. The most successful owners aren't frequent posters. You do see a lot of managers post and small operators. It's a good resource to learn about damage claims, etc.

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
Who is this Robert Roman guy? can I just look him up and give him a shout on social media?

Ben

Reaction score
Just saw this Ben. Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't frequent this subforum too often. My friend did say he'd talk, but he's tough to get in touch with. He actually enjoys talking to newcomers, but he stays busy.. He spends many hours a day on the phone or in conference calls. Best thing I can recommend is keep trying. You can also try a text. Mention I told you to call him and that may help. If nothing else find out historical highs and lows of EBITDA.

I also recommend joining the facebook group talkcarwash, but I'd be careful soliciting buying advice and giving specifics there, There are some experienced people but a lot of people marginally profitable. The most successful owners aren't frequent posters. You do see a lot of managers post and small operators. It's a good resource to learn about damage claims, etc.

Appreciate it Greg, I will shoot a text. thanks for that update. first wash now in due diligence, flying to do that all next week on the deal.

jfmoran

Reaction score
Who is this Robert Roman guy? can I just look him up and give him a shout on social media?
He's an industry consultant. There are others.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Thanks for this comment, this makes sense now. Do you know where the owners of Express tunnels hang out online?
I think I mentioned this way back in the beginning. This forum is 90% SS guys. Local owner/operators. I said the bigger tunnel guys hang out "somewhere else".

Many consultants are just a phone call away.

MEP001

Reaction score
He was run off this forum, not because of his opinions but because of his attitude when someone didn't accept them. Be prepared if you talk to him, he's extremely narrow-minded on how things should be done, basically go EE or go broke. He's "taken his ball and gone home" from dozens of threads when someone doesn't take his advice, which is more often than not unsolicited. Tends to go like this:

OP: How do I ___________ my full service?
RR: Switch to EE.
OP: I don't want to.
RR: Your loss.

Ben

Reaction score
He was run off this forum, not because of his opinions but because of his attitude when someone didn't accept them. Be prepared if you talk to him, he's extremely narrow-minded on how things should be done, basically go EE or go broke. He's "taken his ball and gone home" from dozens of threads when someone doesn't take his advice, which is more often than not unsolicited. Tends to go like this:

OP: How do I ___________ my full service?
RR: Switch to EE.
OP: I don't want to.
RR: Your loss.
Lol, copy that.