What's new

Major life decision

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ben, did you ever find help? I have a friend that may talk. Would agree with what someone above me said that there are enough consolidators looking for small chains this has likely been passed over for one reason or another.

Ben

Reaction score
Ben, did you ever find help? I have a friend that may talk. Would agree with what someone above me said that there are enough consolidators looking for small chains this has likely been passed over for one reason or another.
So far nobody has responded . Would appreciate any help.

Ben

Reaction score
Have not heard back from him yet Greg. Left a VM.

Ben

Reaction score
Just flyin by the seat of pants with zero help. Under contract, flying to the asset to start diligence mid week, another under contract shortly.

Ben

Reaction score
Sadly it seems nobody here can help.

washnshine

Reaction score
Sadly it seems nobody here can help.
I believe several members have pointed you in the direction you need to go to contact the people who have experience with this type of project.

Ben

Reaction score
No luck so far getting ahold of anyone.

MEP001

Reaction score
Seems like the tunnel operators mostly keep to themselves, at least the chain operators do. I know several chemical salesmen and they all tell me that's the most difficult door to get your foot in. They hardly ever will talk to you at all, and if they're willing to let you in they're first and foremost concerned with cost, then they expect the chemists to come in and set everything up for them and watch everything for a week while they dial it in.

Ben

Reaction score
I’m just going it alone. It’s not rocket science . I’m sure i could learn plenty from other (non competitive market ) owners but so far nobody is raising a hand, so be it.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I’m just going it alone. It’s not rocket science . I’m sure i could learn plenty from other (non competitive market ) owners but so far nobody is raising a hand, so be it.
Ben just for what its worth a tunnel operator that has a Huge chain of tunnels is not going to give all his info & tricks of the trade to a greenhorn that aint never been in the carwash business period and give all that info to you over the telephone that he has worked for his whole life. I am a SS operator myself and I am getting more reserved on giving info out myself that I had to learn the hard way and I am a 3rd gen SS owner. Just saying best of luck to you, but don't come on this form bashing us saying nobody has helped you it's not going to come out on a silver platter. You got to do your own homework beat the bushes. This is a hard industry to just jump into overnight and expect results.

Ben

Reaction score
Seeing as how it’s a very big nationwide market I guess I just figured the scarcity mindset wasn’t going to be an issue in getting some high level advice. I’ve even offered a consult fee. Fine. Like every other success I’ve built I’ll just go it alone as per usual. Maybe I should put ALL my net income into marketing a course: “how to build express tunnels and crush the competition “ while I live for free in a motorhome on site of my wash (I bought for cash so I have no debt) and actually destroy this little gold pot you guys are so scarcity mindset driven over you can’t seem to be willing to even give any simple ADVICE to someone NOT building on top of you, who’s simply BUYING some washes that ALREADY exist. I came here to a forum seeking some simple community help. Isn’t that the basis of a forum? Actually that course sounds like a good idea, thanks for giving me a money maker idea by clutching that scarcity mindset ! Hiring a camera crew and marketing team ..... now!
Lol c’mom guys, don’t you remember how it felt entering a new business and knowing you didn’t know what you didn’t know yet that someone could have given you SIMPLE (non threatening) advice on to save you about 20 dumbass mistakes ? Are y’all that truly afraid ? This doesn’t need to offend or threaten ... call me from the east coast . I don’t care, so you don’t want me around you. I’m not, I’m on the west coast...... quit with the crickets lol

slash007

Reaction score
Ben, you are in the wrong forum for what you seek. This forum is not full of operators that own several tunnel washes like you are buying. This place is a few levels down, more for the operator that does most things on his own and doesn't have several managers and maintenance people. Lot's of SS and IBA owners, some own a tunnel, some both.

Ben

Reaction score
Ben, you are in the wrong forum for what you seek. This forum is not full of operators that own several tunnel washes like you are buying. This place is a few levels down, more for the operator that does most things on his own and doesn't have several managers and maintenance people. Lot's of SS and IBA owners, some own a tunnel, some both.
Thanks for this comment, this makes sense now. Do you know where the owners of Express tunnels hang out online?