What's new

Mach-E at the Car Wash - Best Practices

Etowah

aadesh98

Reaction score
When I get my Mach-E, I want to make sure I keep the paint looking as good as it can for as long as possible. I hope to keep my MME for a very long time, a decade if I can. I’ve seen mentioned on this forum a few times about people doing things they shouldn’t when it comes to washing their cars. I’ve also seen mentioned a few times that different car manufacturers use different types of paint.

To that end, are there any ‘dos and don’t’s’ that we think would apply to taking the MME to a car wash? I usually get one of the cheap wax packages (and armorall for the wheels) - would this be wise based on peoples’ experiences with the paint Ford uses? My MME will be Rapid Red, which is a metallic color.

I am the original owner of 2006 vista blue mustang, and while the paint has held up quite well, I think it maybe doesn’t quite shine like it used to after a trip to the car wash.

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
My advise if you are not going to use a SS bay then I would go use a touchless auto wash. First I would get some Griots 3 in one ceramic finish and apply it to the car once per year. I do this on my cars and the cars always come clean. I mention Griots because I watch a guy on the internet who tests all of the coatings independently a a $20 bottle of Griots seems to hold up as good as many ceramics costing several hundred dollars.

Just Call Ben

Reaction score
Or the true abomination that is the Ecobust 4-banger Mustang with fake engine noises that come from the entertainment system THAT YOU CAN'T TURN OFF!!!