What's new

LW4000 for free. Should I go for it?

Mbalboni

Reaction score
How do you see attached images? I see the wording with a image of a paper clip but can't click on it

HCW

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger! Should be done by mid January. We ran into 1 problem, existing Monsoon bay not big enough, the solution was to install the LW4000 in one of the SS bays. We'll decide if the monsoon stays or not soon as lw4000 is operating. Thanks for all inputs on this.

HCW

Reaction score
1998 model. Is also how old the laserwash is. PM me if you want to sell any parts covers spray ach anything of that nature I would be interested in thanks man.
We are selling the dryers that came with LW4000. They ran perfect when we turned them on but it'll save us $ to keep the dryers we have. They're Worldwide system.

mac

Reaction score
Why not just list it on ebay? Post the pictures there and ask around 5K. Put that in your pocket, take the wife/family on a nice little vacation, and save all of the work. If you are going to replace the machine, do it with a new one. Istobal comes with a two year warranty and it is the only friction machine that is in the Ferrari and Lamborghini plants in Italy. And yes, I sell them, because I like dealing in quality.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yes, that will work. I actually put only 1 in my LW bay, & it is ok. Not great, but not too bad either. I have some light from quick stop coming in the other way, so it's ok. You started installing yet? Lemme know right before that starts...

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I'd put four T8 fixtures of that type instead of two T5. The amount of light will be about the same, the cost per watt is the same, and you won't have as much shadowing in the bay from the equipment.

HCW

Reaction score
FWIW I'd put four T8 fixtures of that type instead of two T5. The amount of light will be about the same, the cost per watt is the same, and you won't have as much shadowing in the bay from the equipment.
Does KR or 1000bulbs sells them?

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Fixing an unbroken machine by replacing it with a discontinued machine with proprietary parts seems questionable. I recently had to replace a pdq blower wheel and the only place to get the aluminum wheel is directly from pdq for $2200 for an aluminum blower wheel.

HCW

Reaction score
1000bulbs has them but they have plastic clips that hold the lens, so I'd avoid them unless they have a stainless option.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/86702/TCP-WL4WA232UNIN.html

I don't see T8 available at Kleen-Rite, but they could probably special-order them from their supplier.
I went ahead and ordered these from Amazon
Hyperikon LED 70W Wall Pack Light, LightingFacts and DLC-Qualified, 350-400W HPS/HID Replacement, 5000K (Crystal White Glow), 6033 Lumens, Waterproof and Outdoor Rated, UL-Listed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YFYKE4O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_SBR5wbNM15601
Ordered 2 for now to try out.

HCW

Reaction score
Bay modification

Raising the roof and overhead entrance/exit

HCW

Reaction score
Going on a 1 month now and still not even close to be done. I wish I pre-planed this better and I wish I picked a different installer!
Soonermajic's installer would've done it in one week,

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
Well.....Prolly closer to 10 days.....& I'm not gonna say " I told...." lol
Sorry for this ordeal.