What's new

Looking for advice to replace rocker blasters

jack954

Reaction score
i would never use sideblasters with a touchless automatic as the presoak will now have to get through water on the car to get to the dirt

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i would never use sideblasters with a touchless automatic as the presoak will now have to get through water on the car to get to the dirt
that's what I used to think too but I found this to be false. My new touch free razor has an underbody pipe that sprays straight up under the car. At each end of the pipe there is another manifold with a few nozzles that spray up at the rocker panel area and the side of the vehicle. I have found the cleaning of the sides of the vehicle to be greatly enhanced by this feature and also I have not noticed any negative result from "diluting the presoak".

traveler17

Reaction score
Has this happened to you ?? Have them at one site for a long time and never had an issue.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have thought about this for years and agree with jack954 with the possibility of it not working. Can someone try it with and without to post some real data? If it works better or worse we need to know for sure. Maybe it matters if there is thick dirt (mud) vs just a film.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have thought about this for years and agree with jack954 with the possibility of it not working. Can someone try it with and without to post some real data? If it works better or worse we need to know for sure. Maybe it matters if there is thick dirt (mud) vs just a film.
Definitely makes a difference on thick dirt, mud, snow and ice. Without it, presoak will not penetrate the thick soil, snow etc. and never touch the paint. Also assists in wheel wells and actual wheels to remove much more than one or two passes with a moving spray arm can. Or course, the slower the customer drivers, the better.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The proof for me is comparing the wash quality to my old machine that did not have side blasters. The cars now come out much much cleaner overall but it is most noticeable to me on the sides.