What's new

Has anyone ever used these blasters?

HeyVern

Reaction score
You'd have to have photo eyes or a treadle switch I'd think. They'd be good rocker blasters for an IBA though.

Roz

Reaction score
Yes. My guess is that they have a complete setup or they would not sell any. Curious to see if anyone has tried them.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ve found that incorporating “automatic” components in a self serve bay may not always work out as intended. For example - drive through blowers at the exit end. There’s something about merging the automation with someone who just manually washed their car - it doesn’t always gel for some reason.

Roz

Reaction score
Actually an arc of blowers for the self service customers or anyone who wants an extra minute with dryers is the one setup I have seen work effectively. A wash outside the D&S headquarters that they took me to had such a setup. People lined up. No dryers in the bays so I have no idea what was the original motivation (no dial openings, dryers in bay cost, etc) but they had a stand alone paystation that just accepted $1 for 1 minute of time.

washnshine

Reaction score
Actually an arc of blowers for the self service customers or anyone who wants an extra minute with dryers is the one setup I have seen work effectively. A wash outside the D&S headquarters that they took me to had such a setup. People lined up. No dryers in the bays so I have no idea what was the original motivation (no dial openings, dryers in bay cost, etc) but they had a stand alone paystation that just accepted $1 for 1 minute of time.
I don’t doubt it can work and am sure it has. I have seen them setup as well and people either go through too fast, too slow, back up, run out of time etc. I’d say maybe about 1/3 of the customers time it out right and get an effective dry. Probably similar to freestanding blowers at an IBA. But I think it is more foreign to ss customers because they also have to be sure to use a wax or da/sealant first to ensure the water will break. They are also responsible for thoroughly cleaning the car, which also has a huge impact on the quality of the dry. Failure to set the car up for the blower causes poor performance and results in the customers slowing down, backing up, running out of time etc.

OurTown

Reaction score
It looks like you would need a dedicated bay for it and might be a good idea for a wash that has too many bays for the market size.

OurTown

Reaction score
Also you might need a simple pay station out front for it.