What's new

Looking for a New System IBA

Asp17

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new owner of a gas station with an open bay for a car wash and am looking for a new system…
Im looking more toward a friction machine but touchless or combo may still be an option.

Mapost I’ve seen may be a bit dated.

so I’m looking for advice on a Brand/Model of system.
I’ve already recieved quotes from many installers.
Just looking for some real world feedback & recommendations & why?

any feedback is appreciated.
Thank You

-AP

Asp17

Reaction score
So far these are the ones I’ve recieved quotes/info from

of course any additional recommendations on systems vendors and or installers would be appreciated..

I am located in South Florida, Broward County.

eckert16

Reaction score
just some common questions:
what's it your bay now; how long, tall, wide is your bay; what systems have the installers you already contacted recommended for your location; what is your cars per day traffic; population?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
If unattended I'd lean touchless. Also you'll more than likely be competing head on with tunnels with a friction machine.

Although if you're selling most of the washes at the pump maybe it doesn't matter

Asp17

Reaction score
what's it your bay now; how long, tall, wide is your bay; what systems have the installers you already contacted recommended for your location; what is your cars per day traffic; population?
My bay is 38ft long by 19ft wide.
I listed the models I’ve contacted for quotes and info above.
currently I don’t have the figures on me. But with the old system the station was averaging 375-650 washes per month.

Asp17

Reaction score
My bay is 38ft long by 19ft wide.
I listed the models I’ve contacted for quotes and info above.
currently I don’t have the figures on me. But with the old system the station was averaging 375-650 washes per month.

Keno

Reaction score
... Find out what your local support options are also.

This is very important, especially if you aren't going to fix it yourself or have an internal employee that can fix it. How far away is the service company and how long will it take them to get out to your site if you have an issue? I know some distributors that will book you out a week later if your machine breaks down, not good for your business and built up customer base

Roz

Reaction score
Washworld Apex. Will allow your customers to chose touch free or soft cloth. Costs more than a Profile or Razor but gets you both options without railings on the floor. FL has a lot elderly people so no floor railings will be a big plus over an Istobal.

Asp17

Reaction score
I didn’t notice I didn’t paste the list above…

Istobal M Wash Pro

Ryko SG Max

PDQ Laser Wash 360 Plus

AUTEC AES-260 Soft Touch

WashWorld Razor

this is who I’ve contacted for quotes. Mostly all are in state. Though in Florida that’s still a 2-8 hour drives leading to repair techs coming in days not hours.

Whacks

Reaction score
Personally I like Combo machines a lot, specifically the Autec EV-1, I've heard they're easy to work on and rarely go down.

Last edited:

Whacks

Reaction score

Istobal M Wash Pro

Ryko SG Max

PDQ Laser Wash 360 Plus

AUTEC AES-260 Soft Touch

WashWorld Razor

this is who I’ve contacted for quotes. Mostly all are in state. Though in Florida that’s still a 2-8 hour drives leading to repair techs coming in days not hours.
I know a guy who used to own an Istobal Tracer, recently replaced with a Washworld Razor Double Barrel. He replaced because it was very hard to import parts, so I'd proceed with caution with Istobal. Ryko makes good machines but they like to be proprietary and mark their parts up 300%. I don't have much experience with PDQ / Washworld machines so I don't have an opinion to give there. Out of all the machines you've mentioned there I'd go with the Autec 260. As I said in a previous message Autec machines are easy to work on and barely ever break down, regardless of which machine you buy. (Aside from the ATF-1, heard it's kinda garbage to run)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the tracer but Istobal has a factory presence in Bristol Va, that I have visited. They probably had 30 machines there in various stages of assembly. I have had zero problems getting any parts I need.

48K cars so far and I have had to replace the wheels once and gearboxes (those just to be proactive) at about 30K. Ive got a brush motor squeeling a little bit and a couple boom belts that will probably need replacing soon. Virtually no regular maintenance needed. Nothing to grease.

Customer tech support is very good. I can usually get a response and action from either one of them often at once, almost always in under an hour.

If washing is not your main business I would opt for friction. It's much easier to beat the dirt of the car. An istobal with the most basic wash chemistry can put out a car that will rival a tunnel in wash quality.

Brucedvm59

Reaction score

Istobal M Wash Pro

Ryko SG Max

PDQ Laser Wash 360 Plus

AUTEC AES-260 Soft Touch

WashWorld Razor

I would be interested to see what you got for quotes on the above machines. Looking to upgrade as well.

Whacks

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the tracer but Istobal has a factory presence in Bristol Va, that I have visited. They probably had 30 machines there in various stages of assembly. I have had zero problems getting any parts I need.

48K cars so far and I have had to replace the wheels once and gearboxes (those just to be proactive) at about 30K. Ive got a brush motor squeeling a little bit and a couple boom belts that will probably need replacing soon. Virtually no regular maintenance needed. Nothing to grease.

Customer tech support is very good. I can usually get a response and action from either one of them often at once, almost always in under an hour.

If washing is not your main business I would opt for friction. It's much easier to beat the dirt of the car. An istobal with the most basic wash chemistry can put out a car that will rival a tunnel in wash quality.
Good to hear. Personally I would not install Istobal because their machines tend to be quite complex from what I've seen.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Good to hear. Personally I would not install Istobal because their machines tend to be quite complex from what I've seen.
There are indeed simpler machines out there. I'm not real familiar with all offerings on friction IBA washes. My only experience has been istobal and a coleman fusion X. Both used electronics in some form to sense brush pressure on the vehicle and back off if excessive resistance is detected. The brushes can be fine tuned by changing a few settings but once they are set they are good to go. It does require some electronics to do this but at this point I haven't had to deal with anything I felt was overly complex.

Although I do not recommend (and signage excluding it from damage claims) I see people go through the Istobal flex fives regularly with aftermarket luggage racks, large hitches, and other non-factory accessories. The brushes individually pick up on it and simply back off. damage claims are minimal and after watching the machines I have a high level of confidence in the safety of the wash on a wide variety of vehicles.

Whacks

Reaction score
I see people go through the Istobal flex fives regularly with aftermarket luggage racks, large hitches, and other non-factory accessories. The brushes individually pick up on it and simply back off. damage claims are minimal and after watching the machines I have a high level of confidence in the safety of the wash on a wide variety of vehicles.
Can it handle bike racks? I'm guessing no, as I've only ever seen 1 friction machine that can survive those.