What's new

Looking for a car wash rescue guy to come and assess what is needed

cooll903

Reaction score
my car wash is in need of some major tlc and my business partner thinks that we can just fix things that are 20+ years old that parts are no longer available for. plus we are needing a "new" paystataion that works with this new pci stuff and not be beholden to monthly subscription and support fees. he thinks we can get one for a couple of grand and even me telling him it it not possible, he still doesnt believe me. he is trying to use the moeny that the car wash makes to pay for the upgrades and repairs but i not understanding why he doesnt understand that if things dont work, people dont pay to use it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you looked for a local car wash equipment distributor to give you a quote to repair or replace the worn equipment? That's where I would start. Many businesses make capital improvements as a part of normal operations, in order to stay competitive. There is nothing wrong with investing in new, modern equipment as a way to improve your business. I'm involved in this process now and it's exciting and fun.

It takes work; choosing equipment that best suits your wash, the marketplace and your budget. Gathering quotes from contractors. Submitting a proposal to banks for financing. This is what businesses do if they want to stay competitive, vital, relevant and profitable.

Run the numbers and show your partner how much more money you can make with higher throughput, a higher price point and less down time. If he disagrees after that, buy him out or sell your share to him.

cooll903

Reaction score
that is just the problem. he doesnt want to spend the moeny for what the real cost is even after i get special deals. he thinks that he can get an itme that cost 20k for like 3 grand on the used market with it only being a year old. he wont take a long term loan for the equipment. he still doesnt see the need for credit card processing for the IBA. what i need is someone that has a car wash to show him and by show him i mean hold his hand. we have had this car wash for a year now and he has yet to learn ANYTHING about it. he thought you buy it and it just makes money. i dont have the capital to buy him out.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
What are we talking about in terms of equipment and what kind of wash do you have?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
that is just the problem. he doesnt want to spend the moeny for what the real cost is even after i get special deals. he thinks that he can get an itme that cost 20k for like 3 grand on the used market with it only being a year old. he wont take a long term loan for the equipment. he still doesnt see the need for credit card processing for the IBA. what i need is someone that has a car wash to show him and by show him i mean hold his hand. we have had this car wash for a year now and he has yet to learn ANYTHING about it. he thought you buy it and it just makes money. i dont have the capital to buy him out.
tell him to write you a check tonight to buy you out the money will never be great enough to split especially a old school mentality partner thats trying to make chicken salad out of chicken *hit. ..tell him you want out serious up or buy him out

John J Spokas

Reaction score
The fact that he can't see the "need" for credit card acceptance for an automatic wash in the year 2020 says it all. You should divorce your partner immediately.
Yes times a million. Your partner has zero understanding of the car wash business. It's time for you to get out. I am sure it will close soon. BTW, what town are you in?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's a really big town.........? Can you narrow it down a bit? Don't be shy I do not bite.
Frankly, I wouldn't have been that specific. If his partner sees this and figures it out, it could strain a business relationship that may not be the best to begin with.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
Frankly, I wouldn't have been that specific. If his partner sees this and figures it out, it could strain a business relationship that may not be the best to begin with.
It sounds like they need something/anything to break the apparent divide. Plus it sounds like cooll903 already has had somebody give him prices so they should have been there to survey before quoting.

cooll903

Reaction score
i never had anyone quote. it is my own looking things up and just having a solid background in mechanics and software. as for the area it is Auburn Il. population of about 5k and the town virden is about 7-10 miles from us with a pop of 4k and they only have a 2 SS bay with an old auto.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
i never had anyone quote. it is my own looking things up and just having a solid background in mechanics and software. as for the area it is Auburn Il. population of about 5k and the town virden is about 7-10 miles from us with a pop of 4k and they only have a 2 SS bay with an old auto.
Okay, I already talked to you.......we are a Belanger distributor in the Chicago area.