What's new

Looking for a car wash rescue guy to come and assess what is needed

cooll903

Reaction score
Adding CC acceptance and an APP like Touch4Wash isn't too expensive. A 2 arm Belanger isn't my first choice for equipment, but I think you could make it run well enough to make some $$.
it is what came with the car wash. i like it. not a real fan( pun not intended) of the blowers being in the carriage though.

jack954

Reaction score
cool903, i am about 1 hour 45 min from you in st louis. i just spent this whole year upgrading my wash, with special attention to all the small details that i believe make my wash the best around. i don’t know everything but i’ve been doing this for about 20 years and am able to 90% myself. you’re welcome to come see the changes i’ve made and learn the small things that make a huge impact. i will even pull up in bay credit card averages so you can see the value in adding card swipers. as for your partner, i think the best you can do is come up with a realistic business plan on paper for him to go over. if he won’t even consider the basics like credit card acceptors then you need to get out quick. live and learn, just don’t stick around 10 years when you learned in year 1.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
IMO for the SS Bays you probably do not need to replace everything. It is likely you can replace needed components an add stuff like CC with Cryptopay, Superbay, Bonus time . Bill Acceptor in Bay, Hand held dryer to improve revenue.

cooll903

Reaction score
IMO for the SS Bays you probably do not need to replace everything. It is likely you can replace needed components an add stuff like CC with Cryptopay, Superbay, Bonus time . Bill Acceptor in Bay, Hand held dryer to improve revenue.
i got cryptopay in the bays now and instead of dryers in the bays i was thinking a dryer stand by the exit that they can pay to use as they leave

Randy

Reaction score
I got my bags packed and I'm waiting for a plane ticket from Sea-Tac to the nearest airport to Auburn Illinois. How many car washes are is Auburn? Is yours the one that's Clover St. next to the funeral home? It looks like it might have been a Super Wash at one time.

Last edited:

cooll903

Reaction score
I got my bags packed and I'm waiting for a plane ticket from Sea-Tac to the nearest airport to Auburn Illinois. How many car washes are is Auburn? Is yours the one that's Clover St. next to the funeral home? It looks like it might have been a Super Wash at one time.
that it is and it was. i wish i could afford for your ticket out here rn.

Randy

Reaction score
that it is and it was. i wish i could afford for your ticket out here rn.
You wanted help and I'm ready to come help. What are your pricing? It's pretty hard to make much when your in a small town with a population of only 5000. I would count on quitting your day job any time soon. I’m in a small town of 6000 with 25,000 within 10 miles and we’ve done everything humanly possible to raise revenue with little success. It is what it is. I have a bill changer customer in North Carolina who gave it 5 years and he’s done, low return for the amount of time spend working the car wash. Vandalism, theft, break-ins finally got to him so he’s selling out. He’d spend 3 or 4 hours every night fixing this or that getting ready for the next day. He’s not the first one I’ve known who didn’t last long, probably more have quit than have stayed the course.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I've been in a similar situation where I ended up just making the changes that I knew would make a difference and let the results speak for themselves.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Have you thought about restructuring the partnership? Use your capital to make the improvements, and reduce his share of the deal by that relative percentage?

coinless

Reaction score
I'm just throwing our hat into this conversation. If you're looking to add an app with contactless payment, I'd love to chat. Our app was designed with customer experience and operator enhancements as the priorities. We have a 4.6 rating on the iOS app store, so we're hitting a good mark so far. We're operating in over 100 car washes, worldwide, including Australia and New Zealand, we have a 99% client retention rate (we've only had one drop off, and they were changing strategies--not issues-based).

Our platform offers a monthly subscription tool, earn-as-you-spend rewards program, free conditional pricing (buy a wash, get free vacs), detailed reporting, full access to customer data, basic customer support, etc. etc.

Please see my information below if interested. Best of luck and we hope to hear from you soon!