What's new

Little Trees

Reaction score
Our black ice sells out before everything else, and someone here was correct, it really stinks! Still looking for a good seller like BI! Thanks.

Reaction score
Black Ice New Car and Strawberry Kiwi are our best 3 with Black Ice and New Car pretty close. Strawberry Kiwi is not that far behind. Our last two are Morning Fresh and Blueberry. They sell better as a 4,5 position than any other trees we've tried. We sell for a dollar too.....I like the two dollar price....may have to try it out.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Cold beer, Watermelon and Fried Chicken scents!! Holy crap, the first time I have laughed at a car wash post.

The Sham-wow cloths have been selling decent and I think the more people that use them, buy them again. Black Ice is the best seller we have, smells like a 15 year old bathed in Axe body spray.

I just put in the Cotton Candy tree, have not sold one in 2 weeks. I guess there are not enough 16 year old drivers coming to the wash.

Good Moody

Reaction score
Have any of you been selling the Wild Hemp Little Tree Air Fresheners?
Marijuana is legal here and just curious of the actual scent of these trees and how popular they may be.
Thanks!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Have any of you been selling the Wild Hemp Little Tree Air Fresheners?
Marijuana is legal here and just curious of the actual scent of these trees and how popular they may be.
Thanks!
I was curious about the Wild Hemp scent and picked up a sample at the last ICA Show. I wasn't impressed. It smelled like musty grass, not skunk. Marijuana is legal here in California. I'm going to assume if customers want the real scent, they'll just smoke it in their cars! :oops:

Attachments

Good Moody

Reaction score
I was curious about the Wild Hemp scent and picked up a sample at the last ICA Show. I wasn't impressed. It smelled like musty grass, not skunk. Marijuana is legal here in California. I'm going to assume if customers want the real scent, they'll just smoke it in their cars! :oops:
Too funny, good point!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Our black ice sells out before everything else, and someone here was correct, it really stinks! Still looking for a good seller like BI! Thanks.
For 15 years, Black Ice was our #1 Seller. A few years ago a customer told me about "Pure Steel" scent. He said it was similar to "Black Ice" but better! I bought some and did a blind smell test with my customers for a few weeks. It was interesting that most customers complained that "Black Ice" had a harsh, chemical scent while the "Pure Steel" smelled like a true male cologne. I replaced it 5 years ago. Customers like the cool blue & gray diamond-plate pattern. BTW, it took awhile to convert customers. After 1 year it became my #1 Seller. I like to sell unique scents that I know my customers like & buy. I sell for $1. My other scents are New Car, Cotton Candy, America and KRs custom logo scent Citrus.

Attachments

HeyVern

Reaction score
I just the Fresh Shave yesterday, it smells good, have to see how it sells. The Pure Steel has been selling, not as well as Black Ice and New Car though.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
black ice is still my # 1 seller. pure steel, tru north and fresh shave are good imo.

i like jasmin and gold. don't care about hemp or basil.

the top sellers for me havent changed much over the years; vanilla, cherry, nu car, pine.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I only sell three different trees. I give the customer an option of something sweet (pina colada) something not sweet (new car), and something that just plain stinks (black ice) And of course the stanky black ice wins out, even in a higher income neighborhood. But then again my higher income clients aren't buying trees.

In the past when I sold a bigger variety pina colada trees outsold wild cherry, vanilla and cotton candy, so that is my sweet pick

Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Pure Steel and New Car are usually my #1 sellers. A customer told us about Pure Steel a few years ago, and claimed it was BETTER than Black Ice. We did a blind smell test with our customers for a month, and most agreed it was better! Consesus was that it smelled more like a "classy male cologne with less chemical scent" than Black Ice. Unfortunately, I just learned that Little Trees is discontinuing Pure Steel. Other Little Tree scents we sell are Vanilla Pride #4, Cotton Candy #5. We also sell Kleen-rite's custom fragrance (with my car wash logo, Citrus Scent) that sells in #1-#3 place, depending on the season. We sell them for $1 each.

Attachments

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Since Little Tree is getting rid of Pure Steel, I was considering Rose Thorn, but couldn't get past the dark image of a skull and blood. What does it smell like?
This should be fun reading the responses! LOL....I replaced Summer Linen with Rose Thorn...It was an instant hit...I feel like I buy the same amounts of Black Ice, Rose Thorn, and Blackberry Clove....All three good sellers.