What's new

Lighting question

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my electrician install 2 cpfl, 65w wall paks in my ss bays last week. When I looked at them in the daylight it looked a little dim in the bays. But at night, I think they look pretty good!

I asked him to install 2 more in each bay, so I'll have 4 total per ss bay. These were relatively inexpensive and he says they'll save $$ over the long haul.

I was mainly concerned with my old lights shutting off when my HP pump came on, creating a darkened bay at night. Not too good for business. No worries with the new lights, because even if they flicker a bit, they stay lit.

jjw

Reaction score
Lighting

I also replaced all my MH with Ergo's 105 fixtures and never looked better. Also replaced HID on my conopies ( several hundred ) with cpfl. The savings in elec. is around 60%. That is to me thousands of $ per year. And I sold the old fixtures on E-bay at half the cost of new fixtures and costed toward the new flo. fixtures, pay back was in months. In the car and truck washes I turn off half of the fixture after one in the morning when business is slow. Even with half the fixture off the lighting is just as good as the old MH. A 320W MH with draw 3.2 amps when new and put out 320. If that fixture is driven by 120V AC in about six months it's drawing 3.2 and putting out around 200. The 105,A or B fixtures are made in the USA, Texas that is. Amos at Ergo. is about a good of folk as you'll ever meet. He has a fixture model 107 that I use to flood my Stars and Bars and also my POW flags on the sides of all my buildings. The flags are six by eight. This really looks great. jjw

mikempls

Reaction score
I agree with Randy on this.

Also, do not purchase Home Depot Out door Fixtures. I put 3 new ones from Home Depot in this fall and 2 have failed, they are junk. If you buy new fixtures purchase them from an electrical distributor like Viking Electric. You will pay more, but you usually get what you pay for!