What's new

Let's show'em off!

galen

Reaction score
Its got onstar so no need for extras. I am going to install a camera so I can see those pesky curbs. I sit so low, I can't judge very well in front.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I bet it is loaded and will not need any aftermarket clutter. I just checked and it has 320 HP Northstar engine, not the vette motor but I would think that 320 HP should be enough power?

MEP001

Reaction score
The 'Vette is 400 pounds lighter and has 80 more HP (It also gets better gas mileage and costs around $20,000 less) - I'd rather have the 'Vette.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
Or a 505HP (really about 523HP) Z06 Vette for about the same price as the Cad. Corvettes will always have a following...not sure about the Cad.

galen

Reaction score
Well, I guess that since they are built at the same factory, you then have to compare the two. Lets see, a full blown sports car to a luxury roadster. Road and Track doesn't even do that. The V gets close to 500 horse with a K&N. I could point out the different in body insulation to cut the road noise and the heat generated and transfered into the cockpit that Vette is very well known for. Not to mention the overall smoothness, interior compliments, powered retractable hardtop, and of course the one in every garage exclusiveness. If you want to go by MSRP, then yes its close to 80K but the X can be had for around 68K. Its not all about hp, or weight or money. Hell, the Viper has all that. I like the looks. Its a great package. Thats not in your neighbors garage. If I wanted an American sport car, I would have one. I got exactly what I wanted, an American made luxury roadster.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can "attach" it, but that needs to be a small picture. You can also upload it to an external hosting site (I prefer www.imageshack.us, which is free) and paste the forum hotlink it will give you after you upload it.

bigleo48

Reaction score
My current baby, 2007 BMW Z4 ///M Coupe. 330bhp, solid as a rock and fast in the twisties. Always an entertaining ride. BigLeo

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Jeez, I hang out at the wrong forum - all my classics are longbows, guns & critters. Only vehicles I have are pickup trucks and atvs.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Lots of Nice cars in Iowa! My wife and I both grew up in Des Moines, all of our family lives there. Iowa will always be home to both of us!
Your car looks to be very modified, what engine are you running?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Looks nice!
Do they still have Wednesday car nights at Porky's?
We used to go there almost every week 18 years ago.
I know on the south side the have shows on Fridays(?) at the Hardees on Armypost.
The last time I lived in Des Moines this was my daily driver:

teamplex65

Reaction score
Porkys is closing this winter so they can stick a Hy-Vee grocery store on the corner. Hardees still happens on Friday nights.