What's new

Let's show'em off!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice! Love the stance of the Mustang; nice and level. Like the wheels/tires on the SS. The one thing the SS needs, IMO: nice, smoked windows.

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
The one thing the SS needs, IMO: nice, smoked windows.
Depends on the use for the restored car - if you plan on showing it as it looked from the factory, tinted windows are a no-no.

Pat H, make sure you post each link, then set the cursor to the end or on the next line down. It looks like you used the Insert Image, posted a link, then immediately clicked Insert Image again, which over-wrote the previous link. That's why your first photo is wrapped by [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ]. I like to separate each link by a line, like this:

The lines look like this (minus the spaces):

[ img ]http:// img214 imageshack us/img214/7843/montesnowqr4 jpg[/img]

[ img ]http:// img528 imageshack us/img528/6127/montesnow2he3 jpg[ /img ]

The only images I have of my car at the moment are the ones the dealer in Indiana posted on eBay right after it had been detailed. (Yes, Waxman, I plan on tinting the windows)

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
My 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner Hemi

I put a lot of work into this car. It is an authentic, numbers matching 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner Hemi. Under 10,000 original miles. Equipment is a 426 Hemi engine, AirGrabber intake, factory dual quad carburetors, 727 TorqueFlight transmission, and SuperTrakPak drag racing option with 4.10 rear end. Interior is 100% original. All resto work was done, of course, back when I had time to work on it. In other words, *before* I bought my car wash!

Here's my 1972 Pantera-- 23,000 original miles. 351 Cleveland engine with ZF transaxle. Even with the stock setup it is a very fast car. I passed a MiniCooper on the freeway and actually looked up at the driver of the other car. Mine is the red one on the left.

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
MEP001, I did exactly as you described, didn't separate the links. Also, just like you I haven't taken a pic of the Mustang. I saved that one from the ebay auction where I found it.

Waxman, since that pic of the Impala was taken I have replaced the wheels with S/S Cragars. Black cars of that era just had to have Cragars. Smoked windows don't kock my pistol, so that ain't happening.

jcollins

Reaction score
Great lookin' Impala Pat! The only thing that should be smoked on it would be the back tires! lol That 427 shouldn't have any trouble doing that!

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
Waxman, since that pic of the Impala was taken I have replaced the wheels with S/S Cragars. Black cars of that era just had to have Cragars. Smoked windows don't kock my pistol, so that ain't happening.
I like the look of the rally wheels on the Impala. I had a '77 Nova years ago that I wanted to put rally wheels on, but just never did.

In these parts, you just can't have a black (or in my case very dark blue with black interior) car without tinted windows. It gets to 180 degrees inside it in the summer.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
No, it's not a jeep...it's my 1976 Ford Bronco I've had since 1984.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

raisetheprice

Reaction score
In the summers the carwash takes a backseat on the weekends to the 2004 MB SPORTS B52.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
The top 2 pictures are on Lake Buchanan (we have a lakehouse there). The bottom 2 are on Lake Travis.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
My toy

My daily driver

24" wheels with 14.3" cross-drilled and slotted rotors all the way around

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
69 at Mid Michigan drag Strip

Heres a pic of my 69' at the strip

MEP001

Reaction score
Is this it?

IE7 opens a new window for the pic link and includes the http beginning - you have to clear that first before pasting in your address link.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Let me try another one, this is the 68' that just broke an axle. I am going with a Ford 9"this time. It now has/had an original olds rear end with highway gears. I already have a Ford third member with 3.73 gear with a traction lock diferential. I just have to shell out the $1000.00 for the Moser bolt in housing, 31 spline custom alloy axles, brakes parts and then have the driveshaft reworked. The 3.73's will really wake this thing up and both tire will be smoking with the traction lock.

Last edited: