What's new

Let me know what you think about this menu.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Personally I think it looks too busy and there are way too many colors on it. The graphics are not that good looking, too comic like. You might be better off just listing the services rather than try to use those graphics. Most research indicates that customers make up their mind between 15 to 20 seconds. I don't think this menu allows them to do that. I know it sounds hypocritical of me to say that brands don't mean as much as performance since I used to work for both the major brands you have on this sign but I am not sure they need to be featured as they are. If you are convinced they are your best buy and perform to your customer's standards that is fine but there are other products out there you could look at. I am also not so sure the packages are named right. I think the term Ultimate means the best and Premium means good but not necessarily the best.

APW

Reaction score
Since building this wash everyone that ask me about it wants to know if its like the one in the next town over. There is a tunnel about 12 miles away. That is the reason I am trying to glam this wash up. Everyone seems to like the thrills at the tunnel and they have similar signage as to the one in the proof.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
That's why I have my services all listed per wash package instead of graphics too much looking up and down from the express to the super back to express up to ultimate just trying to remember what one has and one doesn't too confusing for the customer.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Waxman, you know far more about Soaps/chems than I do, but...I simply didn't get good results w/ "Correct " + foam additive. We had to scrub the cars almost every time, to get em clean. Lots of complaints from cuatomers. I switched to KiddWash chems & much better results. I use the KR products on my SS, with good reaults. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but went through about 5 boxes of Correct. & tried more powerful, less powerfull, more foam additive vs. No foam additive. Nothing really cut the road grime/film at all...

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Chemicals do not work the same in all areas of the country. Different soil content, climate and road conditions mean that while a chemical may work great in New England may not work in Texas. Getting the right combination takes some trial and error. It also is often necessary to at least change dilution ratios from season to season and is some cases even chemicals. Like I have said many times and is included in my by line, "All car washes are the same, they are different".

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Chemicals do not work the same in all areas of the country. Different soil content, climate and road conditions mean that while a chemical may work great in New England may not work in Texas. Getting the right combination takes some trial and error. It also is often necessary to at least change dilution ratios from season to season and is some cases even chemicals. Like I have said many times and is included in my by line, "All car washes are the same, they are different".
This is 100% correct. Also, you may find a regional chemical rep can help. He might have more experience with several washes with the same or very similar climate and soil conditions. I can purchase chemicals fro KR and set things up for my location now, but before I dialed it all in, a rep. with experience helped me out.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Does this menu make sense or not? let me know, I'm still working with our sign company on this as well.

Works wash $12
Underbody Wash
Power Tower Side Blasters
2 Pass Hot Presoak
RAZOR High Pressure Wash
Rust Oleum Carnauba Lava Wax
Rust Oleum Total Car Protectant
Spot Free Rinse
Contouring Dry

Deluxe Wash $11
Underbody Wash
Power Tower Side Blasters
2 Pass Hot Presoak
RAZOR High Pressure Wash
Molten Shine Triple Color Wax
Rust Oleum Clear-Coat Protectant
Spot Free Rinse
Contouring Dry

Express Wash $10
1 Pass Hot Presoak
RAZOR High Pressure Wash
Rust Oleum Clear-Coat Protectant
Spot Free Rinse

chaz

Reaction score
I’d put $2 between waxy price point. Top wash should be the on,y one that offers Trifoam plus all other options.

I’d also add the words “with blow dry” between the wash name and price...I just updated my menu and price and added the blow dry language ....saves a lot of calls about no dry

Jerry

Reaction score
^ I don’t know your cost of chemicals but can’t imagine your margins are great with only a $1.00 increase between packages.

Etowah