What's new

LED wall pack

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Here is the best price I could find on the Maxlite 3 bulb LED fixture. They also have the cheapest shipping. I ordered 12 fixtures and shipping was only $50.00...Other sites wanted $250 Shipping for the same amount! Plus they have 10% off right now. Can't beat the price...

http://www.ledlightingwholesaleinc....Ready-Vapor-Tight-4-Foot-p/lsv3xt8use4806.htm

I ordered the 4' LED bulbs through www.DHgate.com. Its kinda like an Ebay for China...So there is a mediator between you and the seller. There are thousands of vendors selling these bulbs....I tried to select ones that use Cree Led 2835 LEDS...They seem to have the highest Lumen per watt. This one advertises they use the 2835 Cree led. They are in route, so I can't verify that is what they used.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/ce-rohs-fcc-ul-4ft-1-2m-1200mm-t8-led-tube/182300311.html

So far I've been lucky ordering through DHgate. Although I did have an issue with some 50w LED Corncob bulbs I bought about a month ago. They advertised them as being 50w but were only 16w checking them on a Kil-O-Watt meter...So the seller refunded 75% of the purchase price. Said it was a manufacturing issue? They hate negative feedback OR if you file a claim. If you file a claim, it costs them more to advertise on the website. So they will do whatever it takes to make you happy. Believe it or not, Even at 16w, they put out enough light for over my vacs. The bulbs have 165 leds....So there may be some risk purchasing this way. But so far I am very happy with the LED tube lights and even the corn cob bulbs... I have converted 6 fixtures in my garage at home and couldn't be happier. Here is a picture of the 16w 165 LED corn cob bulbs over my vacs. Will be interesting to see how long they last! At $2.50 each, it will be worth the trouble!

Last edited:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
BTW....Here is a photo of a 4' (3) bulb LED Maxlite fixture over my changer....You can see how much more light it puts out than the 85w CFL converted Hubbels in my bays....And at another 25% less electric used...

Also note....In the above picture I was testing [4] 50w flood light fixtures in the center bay. Even though the light output was good, it would have been too much work and possibly more work if/when they failed. The 4 foot vapor tights seemed like a better choice.

Last edited:

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score

soapy

Reaction score
2biz good price on the wall pack and lights. Just for reference it looks like the 3 light fixture with 22 watt bulbs put out about 6600 lumens. I would think 3 to 4 of these per SS bay would work great.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
JM and Soapy....

The links are the right ones...I ordered 22w frosted cover...Although the first 50 bulbs I got from China wasn't the same ones. Different seller. I haven't received the second shipment of 50 bulbs yet. They will go in the CW with some to spare! $6 each is a pretty good price, considering all these LED bulbs come from China anyway. I don't necessarily like cutting out the middle man, but I have to get the most out of my $$$$....The first 50 bulbs have Epistar chips...SMD2835...The new order is supposed to have Cree 2835 chips...BTW...Lesson for today! The 2835 means the chip is 2.8mm x 3.5mm in size!

I got one of the new fixtures in yesterday. See picture...Pretty nice fixture for the $$$...It doesn't need a reflector, the bulbs are directional....SS hardware...Silicone seal....Or what appears to be silicone...Nice soft rubber anyway...I had ordered 12, but only got this one??? Will have to deal with that Monday morning...

I don't think you can treat all CW bays the same...Some are block, unpainted, some brick, not painted, some really dark....Dark walls really soak up a lot of light....No reflection....I have bright white Extrutech 8 feet up and 3 feet painted white block...Ceilings are also painted white. So I don't need as many lumens to light my bays as the next guy who has dark walls/ceilings....

My hubbels have 85w cfl's...5000L...2 per bay diagonally to light the front and back of the car...There isn't near as much surface area comparing the Hubbel to the 4' fixtures. The hubbels seem to do ok...And since the Led bulbs are directional, I think I'll get more usable light out of the 4' fixture compared to the hubbel...And yes, I will put the 4' fixtures on the wall, same place as the hubbles are now. About 2' down from the ceiling...

Some more valuable information....Here is a few pics, one of the fixture and one of the COOL/COLD White bulbs in my garage...I like the color....Note there is some reflection on the ceiling even though everything in my garage is a light sponge! The beam angle is wide...About a month ago, I bought some 22w bulbs from a US seller. They checked about 20w...These I'm getting from China checks a little less than that, BUT comparing 2 fixtures side by side with the different bulbs, there wasn't any noticeable difference! Plus I paid 4 times for the US sold bulb compared to the China bulbs...Same country manufactured them though...So beware, the 22w bulbs might not check 22w....But as long as you are happy with the light output, who cares? Another note, check the wiring in the fixture...The tombstones are wired such that the Hot and Common are wired to the tombstones on one end of the fixture. All or most of the China bulbs are wired so Hot is on one end and common is on the other end. So you will need to rewire the fixture depending on which bulbs you end up with. Each fixture only takes a few minutes to rewire. Still worth it to me....

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
BTW...Project for the week I'm off on Christmas break....Clean the garage! It doesn't take long for it to close in on you!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Update,

I learned this morning that the US distributor "Maxlite" is out of stock on this fixture. Backorders to be filled at the end of January. So if you are thinking about placing an order, you might be waiting...

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Yep,
All off my local "stocking" distributors are singing the same tune.

Oh, well...it's too busy to be doing any "upgrades" anyway.

billj

Reaction score
I put these in my wash a year ago and am very happy. Reasonably priced and top quality. I retrofit the fluorescents - all you have to do is unhook the ballast and hook the wires to the end of the sockets. I also took out my metal halite and put these in my bay. http://petersenparts-com.3dcartstores.com/Triproof-IP66-linkable-LED_p_26.html
In talking to him, he has many other lights not listed on the website.
You can't order off the website yet so call him to place an order or ask questions 507-220-5242

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been buying these types from Home Depot to replace my tubes inside my workshops (not in the bays). Use the same fixture, just wire around the ballast. Relatively cheap and work really well for me. They have different color options.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TOGGLED-...near-LED-Tube-Light-Bulb-A416-50210/205935902
I can't vouch for the quality of any of these, but customer service and warranty replacement through these guys is excellent. These start at $9.99 each:

https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/t8-retrofit-led-tubes-5000k/

soonermajic

Reaction score
what about wall packs, for the same prices...? Is that possible? Or, for pulse ceiling mount metal halides? Anything you can do to switch those over, for cheap?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've been buying these types from Home Depot to replace my tubes inside my workshops (not in the bays). Use the same fixture, just wire around the ballast. Relatively cheap and work really well for me. They have different color options.

Swapped out my Home 4 ft fixtures for these. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4ft-led-shoplight-shoplight-led/prod16460030.ip

$36.00 for entire fixture and light is outstanding. Had 2 tube flourescent above suspended ceilings and replaced on with one of these to try it. I now have 7.

deluxe

Reaction score

Swapped out my Home 4 ft fixtures for these. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4ft-led-shoplight-shoplight-led/prod16460030.ip

$36.00 for entire fixture and light is outstanding. Had 2 tube flourescent above suspended ceilings and replaced on with one of these to try it. I now have 7.

When looking at lights you have to compare apples to apples. Watts - lumens - color - output. When buying an 18 watt bulb, you always have to check the output per lumen. Some 18 watts give more, some are less. In a car wash they should always be 6000 calvin lumens. So just because they are cheaper don't mean they are the same. Check it out.... I did. I found out the hard way. If they don't mention it, they are probably going to be less quality.

deluxe

Reaction score
When looking at lights you have to compare apples to apples. Watts - lumens - color - output. When buying an 18 watt bulb, you always have to check the output per lumen. Some 18 watts give more, some are less. In a car wash they should always be 6000 calvin lumens. So just because they are cheaper don't mean they are the same. Check it out.... I did. I found out the hard way. If they don't mention it, they are probably going to be less quality.
Sorry what I meant to say output per watt.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I have a Laserwash 4000 in a 60 ft bay, 15 ft wide with 15 ft celing. we put up two 150 and one 114 w LSIs from Kleen Rite. Three 114s would have been plenty of light. Walls are white siding and white soffit ceiling. If the bay configuration had been a bit different I believe two 150s would have been fine. Keep in mind the LSIs are steel, not aluminum.