What's new

LED Sign

OCSJOHN

Dual Bay Auto in NC
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone here has added an LED sign to their signage. I'm looking into it and wondering if anyone can say percentage wise what sort of improvement they saw from it. Let me know your thoughts!

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I added a Daktronics programmable LED to my car wash last June 2008. It's difficult to track an increase in sales because of the sign because of all the factors that can effect your business. I can tell you the month after install was one of the best months I ever had but then gasoline went up to $4.00 gallon last summer and my business became dismal. I feel confident that this has helped my business tremendously however. Here are my reasons:
1. It forced me into some marketing that I might not have done otherwise.
2. It has given me an image of being a bigger part of the community. Right now I have signs up for a local Fire Department for a car show their having a Welcome Back to a local soldier who returned from Iraq. All flashing with my different propaganda promoting my wash.
3. Mine faces a McDonalds drive thru and while they sit waiting for their food they are reading my message over and over.
4. This sign has allowed me to do some great marketing and do it without too many headaches.
Lasty, I read on this web site about not making it too small. Mine measures approximately 4'x8' and still might not be big enough. Messages must be large and concise to be seen.
Just my thoughts.
Buzzie

bandali

Reaction score
Buzzie8 ... any way you can post a picture of the sign or provide a url where it can be seen ? Also, approximate cost if you don't mind.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Buzzie,

More specifically, which model and what price range are we talking about?

Big

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Buzzie,

More specifically, which model and what price range are we talking about?

Big
Guys,
I am leaving for a FLA. golf outing Wednesday AM but will try to post some photos before I leave. It is a Daktronics GalaxyPro 48 x 112. It is only one sided because the road I am on is has a dip right before my wash and cars traveling East would never have time to read anything (except maybe a static message). I bought the sign for $11,934 (this might have been distributor pricing, I used to own a small vinyl sign co.). I paid about $2k to get two metal poles and frame built for it. I did all the install work including electric and communication, pretty easy stuff. All in I have about $16k in it. Still think it is a great investment. Leased it through local bank $307/mo 60 months. Be a greater investment once the lease is paid off!