What's new

Lazy rednecks?

Bricks

Reaction score
View attachment trim.B1ED7862-D3A3-42B2-86F0-7AFA74723F8A.MOV
I just got home from the wash. Checked the cameras and saw this. Does it ever stop? I feel like it’s pure laziness to leave loose garbage in your truck bed. The sprayers knocked the cup out, then the dryers got the rest. I made a flying trip there and back. Two empty antifreeze jugs and an assortment of trash. My blood pressure goes off the charts when this happens, and it happens all the time :(. There was a line of people behind and I don’t want to lose customers. How many of you do the same thing ?

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
The ones that really burn me up are the ones that intentionally drop the tailgate to let the dryer blow out the trash. The two times I caught them I cleared their wash and said I'd let them through after they cleaned out their bed.

Bricks

Reaction score
The ones that really burn me up are the ones that intentionally drop the tailgate to let the dryer blow out the trash. The two times I caught them I cleared their wash and said I'd let them through after they cleaned out their bed.
I haven’t seen that…yet. That’s awful!

traveler17

Reaction score
All the time!! People are stupid and don’t give a 💩,sorry , different situation but I gotta tell this. Couple days ago walked up on a guy w his tailgate down. He was using the foam brush to scrub his truck bed and it wasn’t even on. He brushed soap off the bay floor to help loosen up the oil in his bed. I about flipped my lid but stayed sorta calm and basically called him a dumba*s in a professional way I literally had to explain to him what happens when the next guy comes in after he put oil and dirt all over the brush 🥺, I HAD to explain it to him lmao. Told him he just cost me $50 and don’t want his business if I have to explain what he was doing wasn’t right. Sorry, still annoyed.

Bricks

Reaction score
All the time!! People are stupid and don’t give a 💩,sorry , different situation but I gotta tell this. Couple days ago walked up on a guy w his tailgate down. He was using the foam brush to scrub his truck bed and it wasn’t even on. He brushed soap off the bay floor to help loosen up the oil in his bed. I about flipped my lid but stayed sorta calm and basically called him a dumba*s in a professional way I literally had to explain to him what happens when the next guy comes in after he put oil and dirt all over the brush 🥺, I HAD to explain it to him lmao. Told him he just cost me $50 and don’t want his business if I have to explain what he was doing wasn’t right. Sorry, still annoyed.
I have pretty good patience when it comes to the younger crowd. I cringe when I think about my youth. But when I see older people with no manners, it makes my eye twitch, more than usual.

MEP001

Reaction score
He was using the foam brush to scrub his truck bed
I gauge these situations by the person. I would've said something like "You know that's going to ruin the paint of the next car, right?" If I get attitude, then I feel okay to go off on 'em. If I get something like "Sorry, I wasn't thinking," I'll explain that cleaning oil just isn't allowed and next time get some WD-40 and paper towels and wipe it out at home. I can afford to lose the occasional idiot customer if I have to, but I try to give them a chance. Also it's not good for you to get bent out of shape every time someone does something crappy like that. I used to, and I could let one person ruin my day. Now I'll just call the police to issue a criminal trespass warrant and I'm over it.

traveler17

Reaction score
I gauge these situations by the person. I would've said something like "You know that's going to ruin the paint of the next car, right?" If I get attitude, then I feel okay to go off on 'em. If I get something like "Sorry, I wasn't thinking," I'll explain that cleaning oil just isn't allowed and next time get some WD-40 and paper towels and wipe it out at home. I can afford to lose the occasional idiot customer if I have to, but I try to give them a chance. Also it's not good for you to get bent out of shape every time someone does something crappy like that. I used to, and I could let one person ruin my day. Now I'll just call the police to issue a criminal trespass warrant and I'm over it.
Definitely wish I would’ve learned the “don’t let it ruin your day” trick a long time ago.

Reactions: sjb

mac

Reaction score
Someone needs to add more chlorine to the gene pool. I don’t have any problem with telling a jerk to leave. Problem is I’m usually not there when they are. I also always have a firearm on me. They don’t know that but I think it makes me more confident. I had the good fortune to be trained by the best weapons people on the planet, the USMC. Attitude is everything.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bricks,

I just learned something today. Not having actually owned an automatic ...I thought that only self service bays had garbage from pickup bed problems!

MEP001

Reaction score
Definitely wish I would’ve learned the “don’t let it ruin your day” trick a long time ago.
It wasn't easy for me, I got my dad's temper. Part of what helped was a guy who had made a huge muddy mess outside the bay from blowing loam and grass bits out of his bed, I was pretty nasty with him, took me hours to clean it up, and I was just finishing he drove back through and apologized. Everyone has their own problems, sometimes it's just that they're thoughtless, and he just didn't realize how big a problem he created. I've tried not to get mad at customers since then.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Part of what helped was a guy who had made a huge muddy mess outside the bay from blowing loam and grass bits out of his bed,
I am pretty sure that clean up was by far easier than the "most horrific tar mess ever ... both polycarbonate Alaskan doors ... over all the walls, hoses, hogs hair brushes etc. by a local young contractor-real estate developers' foundation wall concrete crew.

One of the 30 year oldish partners had freshly came from minnesota which both might be possibly relevant. The two partners IMHO both had a really bad case of "bigshotitus". I finally after much "stress" with the city attorney's assigned underling lawyer ... they finally somewhat took care of the "expense". I say somewhat because they still think they were being unfairly singled out for "what supposedly happened" (via their version of the incident) & I felt I really did not get a good enough apology from them. Even though "cameras don't lie" ... it is still sometimes hard to find the proper support at times!!!

Maybe they had more insidious "political clout" than I could have imagined ... not sure???

Last edited:

traveler17

Reaction score
Someone needs to add more chlorine to the gene pool. I don’t have any problem with telling a jerk to leave. Problem is I’m usually not there when they are. I also always have a firearm on me. They don’t know that but I think it makes me more confident. I had the good fortune to be trained by the best weapons people on the planet, the USMC. Attitude is everything.
I have a firearm on me as well. And I like letting the certain element that are having stupid thoughts see it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a firearm on me as well. And I like letting the certain element that are having stupid thoughts see it.
I never got a concealed carry permit, so I just open carried until it became legal to CC in Texas. The homeless spread the word amongst themselves that I'm armed and avoid me like the plague.

Bricks

Reaction score
Today I ran my muddy car (I live down the dirt/mud roads) through the touchless and the translucent doors were closed. The phone rings as I’m sitting there and a woman says” yeah I’m at this car wash” I look behind me and I can see her vehicle through the door, parked at the ACW. She continues..
“ and I put $11 in and the door’s not opening and I can see it spraying water in there” I was thinking WOW! I said that it was me and the door would open when the dryers turn on and I’m halfway out. She said “oh it’s YOU that’s holding me up” at first I thought she was joking but she kinda scoffed. I said yeah well I need to test this thing and make adjustments when needed.

sjb

Reaction score
Purgatory. It helps remind me of the stupid things I did in my Uth…

My favorite is chicken bones in my flower pots…!

traveler17

Reaction score
I never got a concealed carry permit, so I just open carried until it became legal to CC in Texas. The homeless spread the word amongst themselves that I'm armed and avoid me like the plague.
Exactly right, I for whatever reason haven’t got my CC and just open carry like yourself 👌🏼