What's new

Lazy rednecks?

Etowah

soapy

Reaction score
Went to one location yesterday and had all this happen in a 10 minute period. SS bay 1 a guy living in his car had his hood up and was sitting in his seat. He opened the door and told me he was just making his ham sandwich and waiting for the engine cleaner he brought with him to clean his engine enough so he could apply some JB weld to something leaking on the engine and as soon as he got it on and it set up a couple hours he would be gone. I said I bet you will be gone before the cops get here because that is who I am calling. He left. In the bay next to him a couple of guys pulled up and swept out their pickup bed and were getting ready to leave when I said you better rinse that mess or I was calling the cops for theft of services. Out front by one of the vac islands 2 guys are working with their cans of goof off adhesive remover using my drying towels to remove left over adhesive from some lower moldings they had removed and stuffed into the vac island garbage. While emptying that trash can I see a pickup pull around back by my towels and before I could get back there they had had grabbed some towels and drove off. It never ends and is only getting worse.

MEP001

Reaction score
At one wash I look after I'm about to put up signs stating car wash is private property and open for paying customers only, no loitering, etc. It's being abused like you wouldn't believe. I know it will look uninviting, but the actual customers understand when I explain why I ask if they're there to use the car wash.

Bricks

Reaction score
Went to one location yesterday and had all this happen in a 10 minute period. SS bay 1 a guy living in his car had his hood up and was sitting in his seat. He opened the door and told me he was just making his ham sandwich and waiting for the engine cleaner he brought with him to clean his engine enough so he could apply some JB weld to something leaking on the engine and as soon as he got it on and it set up a couple hours he would be gone. I said I bet you will be gone before the cops get here because that is who I am calling. He left. In the bay next to him a couple of guys pulled up and swept out their pickup bed and were getting ready to leave when I said you better rinse that mess or I was calling the cops for theft of services. Out front by one of the vac islands 2 guys are working with their cans of goof off adhesive remover using my drying towels to remove left over adhesive from some lower moldings they had removed and stuffed into the vac island garbage. While emptying that trash can I see a pickup pull around back by my towels and before I could get back there they had had grabbed some towels and drove off. It never ends and is only getting worse.
That is pretty bad!!

traveler17

Reaction score
Lady today pulled up to the dumpster and was about to start throwing a 💩load of trash and boxes. When I explained to her this is private property and not a public dump she told me I should have a sign lmao. Like that would help

jack954

Reaction score
the frustrating part of all these situations is that everyone thinks they are entitled to debate us over our common sense rules. is it so difficult for them just to say “sorry, i understand, won’t happen again”

MEP001

Reaction score
the frustrating part of all these situations is that everyone thinks they are entitled to debate us over our common sense rules. is it so difficult for them just to say “sorry, i understand, won’t happen again”
I don't get it, the only thing I can come up with are these people are used to raising a stink to get what they want, or get out of trouble, and they've learned that it works. They take no responsibility for their actions.

soapy

Reaction score
I think from now on when people are in my bays doing stuff and not paying I am going to tell them all time in the bay must be paid for weather using the services or not. $1 per minute with a $50 up front deposit. I will refund any unused time. I doubt many will want to pay me.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done that, not with the deposit part. One bucket washer actually started the timer with the switch off and went back to bucket washing.

JustClean

Reaction score
Me to a lady that was removing a tiny antenna on her car before going into the brush automatic:
"All good. You can leave that antenna on. Not to worry" and smiling.
Her: "Why the f..k don't you write it on your f..ing sign to leave small antennas on?"
Then she drove in and not folding the mirrors in as stated on the sign....
That was the time I wished my machine would have taken the mirror off....😃

MEP001

Reaction score
Her: "Why the f..k don't you write it on your f..ing sign to leave small antennas on?"
This kind of person is why 40 years ago I stopped suggesting to people that they should pressure the gritty stuff off their car before using the foam brush.

Bricks

Reaction score
About two hours ago, a kid basically blocks the entire wash with a truck and trailer. Ok me, just be cool. Then he backs a racing buggy off of the trailer into the wash bay. Then out come the floor jack and stands. I think “nah surely he’s just spraying things off and will be out quickly”. Then I hear the impact wrench. I go out and tell him I can’t afford my $1200 natural gas bill with him blocking the bay. It never stops.

soonermajic

Reaction score
What's yalls opinion on this?
2 fairly new employees/preppers. Lady who comes seldom, says they busted her taillight on a 2020 Nissan Titan, w/ Foam Brush. We use our brushes w/ bumpers on them, for damage reasons.
How hard would you have to scrub,or brush, a new truck taillight, to break it?🧐😡
She then went on to say she will only use the dealership (60 miles), & not order the part online & fix locally.

Bricks

Reaction score
What's yalls opinion on this?
2 fairly new employees/preppers. Lady who comes seldom, says they busted her taillight on a 2020 Nissan Titan, w/ Foam Brush. We use our brushes w/ bumpers on them, for damage reasons.
How hard would you have to scrub,or brush, a new truck taillight, to break it?🧐😡
She then went on to say she will only use the dealership (60 miles), & not order the part online & fix locally.
Can she prove it? Do you have cameras?

soonermajic

Reaction score
She can NOT prove it & our cameras don't go back over 5 days. Been 7 when she told me

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Absolutely no way I would pay for that. I might go back a day and watch the cameras but you come to me a friggin week later???? Never happen
Our cameras tend to go back way longer than 5 days. Even so ... at some point it seems like an owner (lacking in unlimited resources) should be compensated for our "loss of time" responding to a "blatant" FALSE REPORT!

MEP001

Reaction score
I just upgraded 2 sites to 8TB hard drives so footage is over a month before it's over written.
You can double your storage by reducing the framerate to 15. You'll still get enough frames to catch everything, and it will view smooth enough that it won't be uncomfortable to watch.