What's new

Laserwash 360 max cars per day?

wash12

Reaction score
What is the max amount of cars a Laserwash 360 could do a day or the most you have been able to get?

I went through one that just got built and timed 7:23 for the highest wash it did have the standalone dryers which I think add time but seemed long to me?

I am looking at getting this wash but worry I could only do 8 cars an hour max!

wgwagg

Reaction score
I've got a Laser 360 with 60 second stand alone dryers, during a recent busy week it turned out 13 cars/hr on a consistent basis.

wash12

Reaction score
I've got a Laser 360 with 60 second stand alone dryers, during a recent busy week it turned out 13 cars/hr on a consistent basis.
What is the max you are able to do per day?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
The correct answer is that it depends. It depends on the size of car, speed setting of each pass, use of double swipe, underbody spray time, dryer time. So it is variable.

wash12

Reaction score
The correct answer is that it depends. It depends on the size of car, speed setting of each pass, use of double swipe, underbody spray time, dryer time. So it is variable.
Does anyone know how much water it uses I am trying to see how much less it uses then the laser 4000 they claim its more efficient all around?

soonermajic

Reaction score
LW4000 uses quite a bit of water. I think about 40 gal per wash?
I her Ryko OHD uses about 60 gal per wash?

wash12

Reaction score
May I ask why you went with stand alone dryers and not integrated as I believe integrated saves some time and does a better job?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
What is the max amount of cars a Laserwash 360 could do a day or the most you have been able to get?

I went through one that just got built and timed 7:23 for the highest wash it did have the standalone dryers which I think add time but seemed long to me?

I am looking at getting this wash but worry I could only do 8 cars an hour max!
Do you own a carwash or are you planning to build one?

soonermajic

Reaction score
you need to concern yourself with CPH, not CPD. YOu ain't gonna wash jack crap from 10pm---7am. maybe 1 CPH.
You need throughput from 8am---6pm!

Jeff_L

Reaction score
May I ask why you went with stand alone dryers and not integrated as I believe integrated saves some time and does a better job?
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll provide my opinion. I have integrated dryers, wish I would've went with stand alone hanging on the outside of the building. Reason being there is still water dripping from the bridge and other parts of the bay as the dryer is going, even when it parks and you drive through. Would rather have the last thing the car passes under be the dryers outside the building.

wash12

Reaction score
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll provide my opinion. I have integrated dryers, wish I would've went with stand alone hanging on the outside of the building. Reason being there is still water dripping from the bridge and other parts of the bay as the dryer is going, even when it parks and you drive through. Would rather have the last thing the car passes under be the dryers outside the building.
What wash do you have that is doing this is it PDQ 360 plus? If so I will need to consider this as I did not even think of this.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
360, not plus. Also an icon. I think most machines will have a drip somewhere, pretty common whe water flies everywhere. Could slow the machine down, but then you risk annoying the client.

wgwagg

Reaction score
As Jeff stated, water dripping from the bridge is one reason. I'm also in a rural area and we wash many pickup trucks. Any pickup truck with a bed liner tends to trap water in the bed, and also traps soap, tri foam, etc. It just simply can't drain out as fast as we're putting it in there during the wash. When a dryer goes over that bed it always blows some soapy water out and it always ends up on the back glass of the truck, sometimes even on the cab. This is unavoidable with integrated dryers, but with stand alone dryers it is. We try to educate as many customers as possible to only let it dry the cab and let the dryer wind down a bit before pulling all the way through, this largely avoids blowing soapy water out. With regard to integrated dryers being faster, that is technically probably true. But I'd estimate 40-50% of our customers pull completely through the stand alone dryers within 20 seconds. I'd venture to guess on a busy day that would certainly make up any speed gap there is between the two.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have 2 Washworld HV's, both have standalone dryers. I would bet that more then 50% of the people just blast right through them. Under 10 seconds, 30% maybe 20 seconds, 10% use the complete 45 second cycle. and the rest just dont pay attention! Also with standalone dryers I can start loading the next car while the car is leaving the bay. I find it hard to believe the on board dryers would create a higher capability, you cannot pull out until cycle is complete? How long is that cycle?