What's new

Laserwash 360 max cars per day?

wash12

Reaction score
I have 2 Washworld HV's, both have standalone dryers. I would bet that more then 50% of the people just blast right through them. Under 10 seconds, 30% maybe 20 seconds, 10% use the complete 45 second cycle. and the rest just dont pay attention! Also with standalone dryers I can start loading the next car while the car is leaving the bay. I find it hard to believe the on board dryers would create a higher capability, you cannot pull out until cycle is complete? How long is that cycle?
The problem I see here is yes a lot of customers pull right through and then don't come back because there car isn't dried, the integrated dryers allow customer to do nothing and being unattended that is how I like it.

wash12

Reaction score
I ask because you are concerned with capacity of a machine but haven’t mentioned a single thing about demand (i.e. closed). What are expected cars washed per day or month or year?
Would like to average 40 cpd.

NitroHouston

Reaction score
I had a LW4000 and moved to a used LW360. It is running extremely well and it’s cut down on most of my calls. The 4000 would hit a trailer hitch and stop. It then needed to be manually reset. The 360 moves around it. If it does hit a snag, it returns home and resets itself. The 4000 also had a floor mounted treadle and the treadle was always breaking. Now it’s all virtual. I could have added the upgrades to the 4000 for about $9k but I didn’t want to keep throwing money at 20 year old technology. As far as the dryers, I went from Standalone dryers to integrated. The customers really like the integrated but I can see that it slows it down a bit and leaves some drips. But I still prefer integrated.

APW

Reaction score
I have a PDQ M5 with on board dryers and a Washworld Razor with stand alone dryers at another site. I know people who use both sites and they prefer the on board dryers. It drys the car better then the stand alone.