What's new

laser 4000 impact

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you install new wires for the cables, too? I'm not familiar with how the LW4000 measures side to side. If there is a prox that counts 'clicks' from a wheel counter assy or the like, I would investigate that. Also, if there is an associated relay with the output of each sensor in question, have you changed those?

When it comes to wheel count proxes, a wheel slip or drag will cause a miscount. I had some bearings wear out on my machine so bad that the gantry frame was dragging on the rail in a certain place. This threw the wheel count off on my machine and it would impact the vehicle in the same place almost every time, but not 100% of the time. I ran around changing electronic parts, when all the while it was a mechanical problem leading to an electrical issue ( miscount on the wheel prox circuit, which is only forward / reverse on my machine).

Last edited:

cherokee235

Reaction score
I think we are going to pull it out and get out of the automatic business. We have enjoyed not dealing with the stress of owning one since we put it out of service. ;)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How old is your machine? I can understand the stress of having malfunctions on your IBA; been there. I'm surprised that a machine as popular as the LW 4000 poses such a hard to fix issue, but I have also heard that once these machines reach a certain age they become unreliable.

If it's earned enough revenue for your company, why not reload your wash with a new, reliable IBA? Bank rates are great.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
How old is your machine? I can understand the stress of having malfunctions on your IBA; been there. I'm surprised that a machine as popular as the LW 4000 poses such a hard to fix issue, but I have also heard that once these machines reach a certain age they become unreliable.

If it's earned enough revenue for your company, why not reload your wash with a new, reliable IBA? Bank rates are great.
I believe the LW 4000 has a life expectancy of around 10 years.

I would explore a new IBA as well.

fastlx

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents.. I have a 16 year old wash world HV ( I believe it is very similar to the LW4000) it has been a great unit. There are some tricks and parts that break ( wear out) but to be honest I can't justify the expense in a new unit now. But having 2 self serve bays and the one IBA. I wouldn't be without it. My customers love it since it is touch less, I have a lot of very high end cars ( Audi R8, ZR1 vettes, Lambos, Ferrari's, etc) that come through just for this reason.My brother and myself are very handy and can fix just about anything. I guess it could get costly paying someone to fix every little issue, BUT Wash World tech is the best in the business.
Again just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Sorry if i missed it in the other answers but mine had similiar problems.
i fooled with the wiring and sonar etc...
finally i just unplugged it all and let the machine run from left limit to right limit arch doesnt get as close as id like but it runs.
good luck