What's new

Is it worth it? Self serve purchase advice

snshamwow

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a SS car wash with 3 self-bays and one automatic bay. Also has RV washer on the outside (setup but no payment terminal or hosing), but I don't plan on utilizing that.

Summary:
  • Listed for 200k, can get it down to 150k. Selling because he is old.
  • 11,000 cars pass on the road each day
  • Automatic bay makes 2k a month and vacuums/self wash make 3k.
  • Has a Mark VII GT-300 in the automatic bay and all self bays are functional with all equipment present (bill exchanger, air compressor, RO system, heated pavement, pumps motors etc.)
  • Only issue is needs new water meter because of water main break. all other plumbing is fine.
  • Can seller-finance
I'm thinking I would need <5k to get it to optimal performance/efficiency and to make it look a whole lot nicer (just paint and stuff, looks modern and clean as is), also thinking about increasing prices as they've been the same for over 4 years.

What do you guys think?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a SS car wash with 3 self-bays and one automatic bay. Also has RV washer on the outside (setup but no payment terminal or hosing), but I don't plan on utilizing that.

Summary:
  • Listed for 200k, can get it down to 150k. Selling because he is old.
  • 11,000 cars pass on the road each day
  • Automatic bay makes 2k a month and vacuums/self wash make 3k.
  • Has a Mark VII GT-300 in the automatic bay and all self bays are functional with all equipment present (bill exchanger, air compressor, RO system, heated pavement, pumps motors etc.)
  • Only issue is needs new water meter because of water main break. all other plumbing is fine.
  • Can seller-finance
I'm thinking I would need <5k to get it to optimal performance/efficiency and to make it look a whole lot nicer (just paint and stuff, looks modern and clean as is), also thinking about increasing prices as they've been the same for over 4 years.

What do you guys think?
Buy it!

OurTown

Reaction score
On the surface it doesn't sound too bad if there is more potential. What is the competition like and are there express exterior washes being built yet around there? $60K/year gross income, right? Will it make enough money the way it is with a loan to be worth it? There is more work than most people think and if you have employees it might make practically nothing after the smoke clears.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I would do it at those numbers. Anything over and above is just a bonus.

traveler17

Reaction score
Buy it!! Even a bonus if owner financing. If it’s in NC and you don’t do it let me know. I’ll buy it

Island_Landlord

Reaction score
Seller financing is keys to the kingdom. Do a basic napkin math: Principal, interest, taxes, insurance, gross income. Subtract. If it cash flows rock and roll. Also- find a distributor in your area. They can get you gross estimates, pricing info on competitors and provide advice on what you could do to make it more profitable.