What's new

Ice vending proforma

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for estimating the capture rate for vending bags of ice? I looked into these units a couple of years ago but I was pretty sure my site would not justify the $100k+ expense. However, I am seeing some used units on the market now for much less.

mac

Reaction score
The fact that you are seeing used ones for a lot less should tell you something.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
The only times I have seen ice vending profitable is where the wash is located close to a recreational area like a beach or park where they allow overnight camping. Otherwise it is usually a big bust.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Mac,

There is plenty of used car wash equipment on the market also but it can still be profitable.

I would not buy unless I could figure out how to estimate sales. Assuming it could be profitable, ice vending seems like a good fit for a car wash.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Why not try to get a company who supplies the stores and gas bars to put one up at your wash. It would give you and idea of what you could sell at your location. If sales are good enough, boot them out and put your own up.

Also, do you sell water? Water vending machines are relatively cheap, cost next to nothing to operate and have the highest margins of anything at your site except perhaps for air.

Etowah