What's new

Hydrominder Inlet Screen

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The smaller the better, 5 micron should be more than fine enough and will last longer than a 1. I get a lot of really fine silt in the holding tank for the high pressure pumps, so I'd probably use a 1.
On some gravity feeds inline with whatever ... I am thinking that a 90 micron filter element might restrict liquid flow a lot less than an inline 5 or 1 micron filter element ... not sure though. Possibly something to consider in some situations.

MEP001

Reaction score
We weren't talking about gravity feed lines, we were discussing supply to Hydrominders.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We weren't talking about gravity feed lines, we were discussing supply to Hydrominders.
Granted ... I did stray a bit from the specific "hydrominder supply to". The point I wanted to make is that at some point in some situations ... maybe low city water pressure or whatever ... the impediment to the flow "cV" from too tight of mesh could be relevant.

MEP001

Reaction score
If your water pressure is too low to flow through a 5 micron 2 x 10" whole house filter, it's too low for a Hydrominder to work properly. And now your point has changed from gravity feed to city pressure...

Noob

Reaction score
Pulling up an old thread here, just got a whole house filter after having to clean out the inlet screens on the hydrominder. Would I be better off to put the filter before the water softener or after the softener?

MEP001

Reaction score
After, some fine debris can get past the softener, which can also release some into the water.