What's new

How to get rid of bad online reviews

mac

Reaction score
Bought my wash last year and it's doing pretty good now. The previous owners however were clueless on how to run a wash. So the majority of reviews are one star. The ones from my owning it are 4 or 5 star. But the bad ones bring the average way down. I tried to find a way to have Google remove with no luck. Heard a radio ad from Reputation Defenders and talked to them. They said they could do it for $4,000. That's just crazy. Anyone know how to do this? I always respond to any review, good or bad.

srr5008

Reaction score
I contacted Google after 6 months of trying to wrestle control for my wash out of their hands. Almost all of our bad reviews were due to lack of a contact # (Google assigned an incorrect # and we didn't even realize that we were online). They wiped all of the reviews for a fresh start. They also told me they can do that if businesses ever change hands - might be worth trying.

OurTown

Reaction score
You need more new ones to get the average up. Also you might try to respond to the old ones and state that it's under new ownership since the review date. It won't help the average rating but for the ones that read those old bad reviews they can see what you wrote and give your wash a try.

MEP001

Reaction score
Just change the name, create your own Google location, and report the old one as closed.

jfmoran

Reaction score
The only thing you can do is get, new, good reviews to push the old ones down and bring the score up.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Mac...
Give us the details of your location.
I'll wager that all of the long time forum members will gladly give you 5 star reviews.
Well...except for the guys you've POed. :ROFLMAO:

OurTown

Reaction score
Mac, it looks like you have a ways to go to get your average up there but yours has a higher rating than most around. Maybe people's expectations are just different there.

STXCW

Reaction score
We just stopped looking at them, too much hassle. When you have idiots complaining about being charged $10 on their credit card instead of the $3.00 they used it gets old. Even though there is a sign in front of their face in every bay stating cards will be preauthorized for $10

Reactions: APW

OurTown

Reaction score
We just stopped looking at them, too much hassle. When you have idiots complaining about being charged $10 on their credit card instead of the $3.00 they used it gets old. Even though there is a sign in front of their face in every bay stating cards will be preauthorized for $10

We had Cryptopay drop our pre-auth to $2.00 earlier this year and it has been great not hearing this anymore.

APW

Reaction score
We had Cryptopay drop our pre-auth to $2.00 earlier this year and it has been great not hearing this anymore.
If someone only has $2 in their account can they still get say a $10 wash?

OurTown

Reaction score
If someone only has $2 in their account can they still get say a $10 wash?

Yep. I have not seen any issues with this but I'm sure that scenario had happened. Probably most banks would cover it and charge them a fee similar to a check overdraft.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Yep. I have not seen any issues with this but I'm sure that scenario had happened. Probably most banks would cover it and charge them a fee similar to a check overdraft.
I just want to know what happens when you do it with a burner visa gift card. If you have $3 left on your gift card, you request the $10. I imagined it would let me into the car wash and decline the charge, they wouldn't be able to collect any overdraft fees.