What's new

How did you pick the name for your wash?

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
" I would also avoid any names With a sexual connotation"
Crap that eliminates Slutty Carwash & BlowJob Cawarsh off my list.
Lol! Don't need to give your customers any ideas... The car wash down the street from me claims he has video of a guy using the vacuum suction in a "creative" way. 🤣

washnshine

Reaction score
You also have to be careful about infringing on any copyrights or trademarks. I knew a guy that named his automatic tunnel “AutoMagic Car Wash”. He got up to three locations built and established and then was slapped with a law suit by the detail/chemical company named AutoMagic and he had to change his name (he just called it Magic Car Wash) He had to change all sings in front of the buildings, on the buildings, coupon books,ads, media, merchandising etc. So in short, be careful and Google anything you are strongly considering to see if there is any type of protection on it.

sjb

Reaction score
“Worlds Greatest Car Wash”

…or soon to be…

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
I really need to pick a name for my carwash. I'm in a small town that has two ss/iba washes. I own one and someone else owns the other, but both are known as Muncy Carwash. I've found that I cant advertise without people asking, The one by the hospital or the one with the laundry.. it's very frustrating.

I'm invested in making my little wash the best that I can, so I've spent way too much time racking my brain for just the right name.

Last night I had a semi back into my sign and bent it over, so I'm motivated to finally pick something. How did you finally pick your washes name?

I did really like HomeTown car wash, but some guy about 100 miles away has that.
I'm close to the home of the Little League, so was thinking of Little League Carwash.
Dino Carwash would be fun, cheezy as hell but I always wanted to stick a 30foot fiberglass dinosaur on a building.
My mom joked that I should call it Hit & Run Car Wash because semis keep turning around in my parking lot knocking stuff over and then driving off. :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone have advice on picking a name for a small 3ss/1iba wash : )
How about Diamond Wash?

Strava

Reaction score
So here is an update on my carwash name search that is far far from over. After doing a ton of searching and seeing that all the cool kids have animals for mascots. I was thinking Lucky Duck Carwash. I was so excited about this name there is so much potential promotional material out there for this name. I'm in a tiny town so with my other business we are always in local parades and we love throwing candy and stuff for my apartment rental and trash business. We could throw those little rubber ducks out. I love this name! Then the more I look and see QuickQuack which was cool. I mean they are on the west coast, and I'm a tiny small town east coast wash. I then checked the domain name luckduckcarwash.com and quick quack has that. Im pretty bummed. Then I thought chickens! Instead of Quick Quack, I'll be Cluck Cluck and my mascot will be one of those chickens that makes the horrendous chicken screech. I'm adding Chicken and Ducks to the list... So the name search continues...I'm not in a rush though this is fun! : )

washnshine

Reaction score
So here is an update on my carwash name search that is far far from over. After doing a ton of searching and seeing that all the cool kids have animals for mascots. I was thinking Lucky Duck Carwash. I was so excited about this name there is so much potential promotional material out there for this name. I'm in a tiny town so with my other business we are always in local parades and we love throwing candy and stuff for my apartment rental and trash business. We could throw those little rubber ducks out. I love this name! Then the more I look and see QuickQuack which was cool. I mean they are on the west coast, and I'm a tiny small town east coast wash. I then checked the domain name luckduckcarwash.com and quick quack has that. Im pretty bummed. Then I thought chickens! Instead of Quick Quack, I'll be Cluck Cluck and my mascot will be one of those chickens that makes the horrendous chicken screech. I'm adding Chicken and Ducks to the list... So the name search continues...I'm not in a rush though this is fun! : )
Animals work with car wash names. There has been octopus, whale of a wash, brown bear and we have a cheetah express on this very forum! Just to name a few - I know there are more.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Hi Strava, I've been following your thread and felt the need to give you my opinion. Sorry, but I'm not feeling the love around the "chicken" name idea.... Chickens usually avoid getting wet, and prefer dry bathing. The right name should give customers a fun visual, that you can tie into advertising, promotions, giveaways, slogans and mascots. If you're still interested in an animal theme, maybe consider other animals that prefer water (such elephants, fish, pigs, hippos, ducks, etc). Just my 2 cents worth. Personally, I think the baseball / little league theme is a better idea! :)

Etowah

Strava

Reaction score
Hi Strava, I've been following your thread and felt the need to give you my opinion. Sorry, but I'm not feeling the love around the "chicken" name idea.... Chickens usually avoid getting wet, and prefer dry bathing. The right name should give customers a fun visual, that you can tie into advertising, promotions, giveaways, slogans and mascots. If you're still interested in an animal theme, maybe consider other animals that prefer water (such elephants, fish, pigs, hippos, ducks, etc). Just my 2 cents worth. Personally, I think the baseball / little league theme is a better idea! :)
Thank you for your reply I was being cheeky with the name Cluck Cluck because of the similarity to Quick Quack. I agree with your points about aquatic animals.. : ) Once I narrow it down to a few names I'll post to see what you guys think : )

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I saw the post about Keystone beer. Isn't Pennsylvania the Keystone State? Does anybody do anything with that brand around you? I'm in Nebraska, and a lot of businesses brand themselves after the Cornhuskers. Just a thought.....

Strava

Reaction score
Here I am worried about picking something too similar to someone else's name & I just stumbled on Splish splash. Wow I think it's one of the most common carwash names that I've come across.

washnshine

Reaction score
Here I am worried about picking something too similar to someone else's name & I just stumbled on Splish splash. Wow I think it's one of the most common carwash names that I've come across.
Yes - and there is a large multi - state chain called just “Splash”

Etowah