What's new

How did you pick the name for your wash?

Etowah

Strava

Reaction score
I really need to pick a name for my carwash. I'm in a small town that has two ss/iba washes. I own one and someone else owns the other, but both are known as Muncy Carwash. I've found that I cant advertise without people asking, The one by the hospital or the one with the laundry.. it's very frustrating.

I'm invested in making my little wash the best that I can, so I've spent way too much time racking my brain for just the right name.

Last night I had a semi back into my sign and bent it over, so I'm motivated to finally pick something. How did you finally pick your washes name?

I did really like HomeTown car wash, but some guy about 100 miles away has that.
I'm close to the home of the Little League, so was thinking of Little League Carwash.
Dino Carwash would be fun, cheezy as hell but I always wanted to stick a 30foot fiberglass dinosaur on a building.
My mom joked that I should call it Hit & Run Car Wash because semis keep turning around in my parking lot knocking stuff over and then driving off. :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone have advice on picking a name for a small 3ss/1iba wash : )

MEP001

Reaction score
Mine is at a main cross-street on a much more major road, so I just named it after the cross-street.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What street is it on or if on corner what streets?

Strava

Reaction score
I dont have a side street, both carwashes are on the same road about 1 mile apart.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
I dont have a side street, both carwashes are on the same road about 1 mile apart.
Possibly pick the school mascot
Ours is bulldog so I chose
DAWGWASH
tons of choices just have fun with it and go with it
SCRUBBIES, PROWASH, …

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Mine washes are named after my daughter, Claire, so: Claire's Car Wash.

As mentioned above have fun with it. Something industry related or community related would be the best way to go. Here in Ft Worth aka Cowtown ot Funky Town which I have seen both used in car wash names.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Randy

Reaction score
Here’s a few names that we like. Wash-me Car Wash, Speedi Car Wash, Classic Car Wash, Splash and Dash Car Wash, Classy Chassis Car Wash. Mr. Sudsy Car Wash, Big Dog Car Wash.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
We're located on a busy corner in town, so we named it after the town - "Citrus Heights Car Wash". I would encourage you to make the name fun & memorable, creates a vision for your customers. I like the Dinosaur & Little League ideas! 👍💡

Roz

Reaction score
I know someone who took the first initial of each of their kids and made up a name. Fun, easy to remember, or something that describes where you are located.

sjb

Reaction score
Does Muncy have a local nickname…?

I suggest you go with - what it is, and where it is located, or where it is located, and what it is….

Keep it simple, you are gonna want to sell it down the road… so avoid “Bobs Car Wash” or …

Strava

Reaction score
Muncy Indians is the high schools name, I didn’t want to do anything with Indians. I didn’t think it was appropriate. Unfortunately it being such a small town it isn’t known for anything. I’ve even went to the local historical society looking to see if anything stood out. The next town over is known as the home of the little league World Series and that’s why I was thinking Little League Carwash”.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it matters as much as you think it matters. A strong name is nice, but the big headline on any signs or advertising is "car wash". you want a name that can transfer easily to the next owner. That's why I would avoid using personal names. I would also avoid any names With a sexual connotation or anything too cute. Definitely disregard all the names that you came up with after a few beers etc.

If you want to lead the customers in a certain direction, you can do it with your name. Like if you always offer rich chemicals and soaps you could call it something like super suds.

Strava

Reaction score
I don't think it matters as much as you think it matters.
I think you are right. I was talking to another owner and he also made that point, you can think of the greatest name in the world but people will still refer to it as "the carwash" That being said I still want to come up with a good name to differentiate my wash from the other that's a mile away on the same street with the same name.

Strava

Reaction score
" I would also avoid any names With a sexual connotation"
Crap that eliminates Slutty Carwash & BlowJob Cawarsh off my list.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I think you are right. I was talking to another owner and he also made that point, you can think of the greatest name in the world but people will still refer to it as "the carwash" That being said I still want to come up with a good name to differentiate my wash from the other that's a mile away on the same street with the same name.
What side of town are you located? Another option would be to give it a compass name - like "South Side Car Wash" (if you're located on the south side), etc. Though not everyone knows their compass points... 🤔