What's new

Headlight Restoration

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
After reading this post, I had an idea. I used to clean the plexiglass windshields on my boats with toothpaste.

Get a damp rag or paper towels. Apply some Crest toothpaste and rub in circles on the headlight. Renew the rag surface and add dabs of toothpaste as you go. You are effectively wetsanding the surface. After about 3 minutes, rinse clean and wa-la!

I just did three cars in my driveway in under 15 minutes. They are not like brand new but are 95% better than they were. A second application might make them like new.

Works good and cheap!

wood

Reaction score
i started this post, and it seems like there are other methods and products that can work.

i guess the main thing we should all consider is express headlight restoration to increase revenue. taking it from the detail shop to the exit end of the tunnel and increase per car revenue is where i plan to go with this.

good luck to all.

wood

New Investor

Reaction score
We use a kit by Full Throttle, i have found really no matter what good kit you use, you have to put in some time and prepping. You can use the best kit, if you use it half azz then you will get poor result's. We charge 99.00 for two light's and 59.00 for one. It take's us about 60 minute's to do a kit. We do a kit in about 30 to 40 minute's, then we like to let the car headlight's sit and dry for about 20 to 30 minute's. Our customer's have been very happy with our service. We offer it up in our flex area, we also have some literature and sample's in the waiting area of before and after.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO the only 'kit' you need is wetordry paper in varying grades and some compound and a rotary buffer.

This is the method I have used on several headlights with great results. You can spend more $ on materials if you want to but I do not think it's necessary.

bigdadioofthepatio

Reaction score
just wanted to thank you all for this wonderful discussion. Any time i incresse my knowledge its a good thing. For me the problem has always been what sealer to put on after i sanded and polished. Going to look at several of those websites for posibble answers. Thanks again