What's new

Hamilton Paystation upgrade?

Roz

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded a Hamilton Goldline to have the newer PCI complaint credit card reader (to allow tap and chip reading)? I see the retrofit kit at KR with Cryptopay so wondering if there is a way to update a Goldline. Also considering a Commander with a screen as it seems to fit in the same Goldline footprint but all depends on what is possible & cost effective.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Expat from Hamilton can comment or provide info. I received some via PM recently. Have not put prices together yet so can’t speak to that yet. You can upgrade if goldlines are not too old. Apple Pay not available until first quarter 2021 I believe was what he said.

Reactions: Roz

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to the head of sales at Hamilton on Friday and they are getting real close to releasing the Goldline CC conversion kit that will read the chip pin card and have the tap and go feature. He said it will utilize the hole and bolt pattern of the current card reader, no holes to drill, this should make installation a lot simpler. No pricing yet, he did say he'd call me later next week.

Roz

Reaction score
Great news, thank you for sharing! Will make paying much easier especially for the technologically challenged people we have.

Sign me up....

Kramerwv

Reaction score
I talked to the head of sales at Hamilton on Friday and they are getting real close to releasing the Goldline CC conversion kit that will read the chip pin card and have the tap and go feature. He said it will utilize the hole and bolt pattern of the current card reader, no holes to drill, this should make installation a lot simpler. No pricing yet, he did say he'd call me later next week.
Any update or feedback on this Randy?

Roz

Reaction score
We installed the new EMV chip card reader on Wednesday. The step by step instructions they included with the hardware were very good. Tap is not working but probably will in the future as Hamilton releases software updates. The insert and swipe work fine and customers appear to be happier with the new reader than with the old swiper model.

You need to change the card reader which uses the same footprint as the old swiper, the controller board, and the voice module (at least I needed to given the age of my playstation. Took about an hour as some settings need to be updated but all part of the instruction set. We had to change from E-XACT cc processing to WorldPay (or you can select First Data) as E-XACT cannot currently handle a chip ready transaction.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Thanks for that update. Did you go directly through Hamilton or a distributor? Wondering if there’s a pricing difference.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks for that update. Did you go directly through Hamilton or a distributor? Wondering if there’s a pricing difference.
The unit that Roz got is a prototype. They haven't been released as of yet, they should be released in late December or early January.

Roz

Reaction score
The unit that Roz got is a prototype. They haven't been released as of yet, they should be released in late December or early January.
Yes we are a Beta site - sorry should have mentioned. They are getting close to a release however late December or early January is probably a safe bet for general release.