What's new

Hamilton Paystation upgrade?

Etowah

Roz

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded a Hamilton Goldline to have the newer PCI complaint credit card reader (to allow tap and chip reading)? I see the retrofit kit at KR with Cryptopay so wondering if there is a way to update a Goldline. Also considering a Commander with a screen as it seems to fit in the same Goldline footprint but all depends on what is possible & cost effective.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Expat from Hamilton can comment or provide info. I received some via PM recently. Have not put prices together yet so can’t speak to that yet. You can upgrade if goldlines are not too old. Apple Pay not available until first quarter 2021 I believe was what he said.

Reactions: Roz

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to the head of sales at Hamilton on Friday and they are getting real close to releasing the Goldline CC conversion kit that will read the chip pin card and have the tap and go feature. He said it will utilize the hole and bolt pattern of the current card reader, no holes to drill, this should make installation a lot simpler. No pricing yet, he did say he'd call me later next week.

Roz

Reaction score
Great news, thank you for sharing! Will make paying much easier especially for the technologically challenged people we have.

Sign me up....