What's new

Hamilton Mobile App

Doug P.

Reaction score
I have a 2 IBA / 6 SS wash and am using Hamilton HTK's for pay stations and Cryptopay on my SS. I would like to start a monthly membership program / wash club. I have looked at a lot of the different programs out there - Everwash, Touch4Wash, Beacon Mobile, etc. Wanted to hear from anyone that has used Hamilton's custom mobile app and any pros/cons to the system.
We have been Hamilton autocashier customers off and on for over 30 years. We currently have Goldlines, push button HTK's and touch screen HTK's. We purchased 2 used push button HTK's four years ago and Hamilton was extremely helpful to us as we refurbished them and put them into service. We had good luck with them and purchased 2 new touchscreen HTK's about 2 years ago. Good experience from the new and used HTK's and Hamiltons service as well. We just purchased 3 used HTK's that were only 2 years old this week and we will be replacing some Goldlines with the new to us Touchscreen HTK's this month. Hamiltons hardware and service have been very solid over the last 5 years in our experience.
Hamilton had some serious issues about 20 years ago with hardware and service and we went to a different brand but we are back now and are very satisfied.

We started using the Hamilton App about 2.5 years ago and it has been pretty solid. We like being able to give away a wash on a users birthday and the loyalty program works well. We pushed it pretty hard early on but not as much lately. We had two locations with automatics that were underutilized so we decided to try the Hamilton App membership program. It has been extremely reliable and works as advertised. We knew going in that without LPR or RFID it would be abused to some degree and that has proved true. We are considering going to the Hamilton RFID system and pushing the memberships a little more aggressively. I don't think you can maximize profit with a membership program without some type of verification.

Sometimes business draws business so if you have a slow site the extra activity from membership programs can draw in full price customers which is an added bonus. Of course with the limited capacity of an inbay you dont want to be so busy with members that the wash is too busy for full price customers.

Anyone out there with the Hamilton RFID system that could give some feedback?

I see on Hamilton's website that they have LPR but I haven't seen any details on it. I absolutely love the concept that Dencar is using with the LPR and verifying after the fact. Dencar is too new for me personally but I will be following them with interest. I am hoping Hamilton is working on something like that so that my existing hardware could be utilized.

Doug P

Doug P.

Reaction score
Nick - Joe here. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I was responding to accusations about my employer on a public forum by offering facts about the unit in question that could have given him some greater insight into why he was having issues. You might have missed it above, but I also stated that Hamilton will continue to serve you in exactly the same manner as we treat someone who purchases new equipment or has a Hosted Solutions subscription.
Expat,

Thanks for your participation on the forum. It's great the way you seemed to take it personally when Hamilton was criticized and you jumped in there to defend your/their reputation. Having said that, keep in mind that running a self serve and inbay automatic can be extremely "challenging"
so try and cut us some slack when we are complaining even if we don't deserve it. Your responses were so detailed and well thought out I would almost be afraid to give any negative feedback about Hamilton and as I am sure you know that feedback is extremely important. Hamilton seems to be on a good trajectory so keep it coming!

Doug P.

Expat

Reaction score
Expat,

Thanks for your participation on the forum. It's great the way you seemed to take it personally when Hamilton was criticized and you jumped in there to defend your/their reputation. Having said that, keep in mind that running a self serve and inbay automatic can be extremely "challenging"
so try and cut us some slack when we are complaining even if we don't deserve it. Your responses were so detailed and well thought out I would almost be afraid to give any negative feedback about Hamilton and as I am sure you know that feedback is extremely important. Hamilton seems to be on a good trajectory so keep it coming!

Doug P.
Haha thanks Doug. I'm not taking anything personally, I'm just here to present the facts. What I did is no different to a car wash operator responding to a negative Google review - I'm sure every single poster on this forum would want the opportunity to respond to bad feedback when expressed on a public platform. I would never discourage anyone from expressing issues with our equipment and services - it's a critical to helping us improve.

Regarding your comments about RFID, I would suggest looking at our LPR solution instead which is being beta tested now. Our cameras are power over ethernet so require minimal effort on installation, and the system is plug and play with the existing app that you have. You could convert all or your members from the phone-based Wash Club to LPR with no interruption to service. We'll also be releasing a software update for HTK/CTK/Commander that supports 30-second kiosk signup with card tokenization for the recurring billing. Account management will be through either the app or a custom Ecommerce website. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you want to discuss in any more detail.

cooll903

Reaction score
Haha thanks Doug. I'm not taking anything personally, I'm just here to present the facts. What I did is no different to a car wash operator responding to a negative Google review - I'm sure every single poster on this forum would want the opportunity to respond to bad feedback when expressed on a public platform. I would never discourage anyone from expressing issues with our equipment and services - it's a critical to helping us improve.

Regarding your comments about RFID, I would suggest looking at our LPR solution instead which is being beta tested now. Our cameras are power over ethernet so require minimal effort on installation, and the system is plug and play with the existing app that you have. You could convert all or your members from the phone-based Wash Club to LPR with no interruption to service. We'll also be releasing a software update for HTK/CTK/Commander that supports 30-second kiosk signup with card tokenization for the recurring billing. Account management will be through either the app or a custom Ecommerce website. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you want to discuss in any more detail.
keep in mind that you are a company man. this forum is for owners and operators of car washes. this is where we go to vent to others that are like us. you are NOT one of us but i do say your input is wanted but we all will see anything that you say with you being a company man in mind. you have to take what is said here with a grain of salt.