What's new

Hamilton Mobile App

GreatWash

Reaction score
I have a 2 IBA / 6 SS wash and am using Hamilton HTK's for pay stations and Cryptopay on my SS. I would like to start a monthly membership program / wash club. I have looked at a lot of the different programs out there - Everwash, Touch4Wash, Beacon Mobile, etc. Wanted to hear from anyone that has used Hamilton's custom mobile app and any pros/cons to the system.

Roz

Reaction score
The app is good, customers seem to like it when the scanner works. Just make certain that you have a good bar code scanner. The one purchased from Hamilton for our Goldlines does not work consistently on either Paystation- and Hamilton is not great at helping resolve this specific issue.

Wonder if the HTK scanner is a different model or design. I suspect Hamilton will phase out their GL eventually as they put little effort into improving it.

cooll903

Reaction score
The app is good, customers seem to like it when the scanner works. Just make certain that you have a good bar code scanner. The one purchased from Hamilton for our Goldlines does not work consistently on either Paystation- and Hamilton is not great at helping resolve this specific issue.

Wonder if the HTK scanner is a different model or design. I suspect Hamilton will phase out their GL eventually as they put little effort into improving it.
they put little effort in their HTK line as well. for them it is all about that hosted solution. they got to have that monthly revenue. if you arent paying them monthly then they dont care about you. i have an htk with no hosted solution. to date, machine is only 5 years old, i have had to replace EVERY DAMN THING in there other than their coin bins and they shrug it off as this is normal.

Expat

Reaction score
they put little effort in their HTK line as well. for them it is all about that hosted solution. they got to have that monthly revenue. if you arent paying them monthly then they dont care about you. i have an htk with no hosted solution. to date, machine is only 5 years old, i have had to replace EVERY DAMN THING in there other than their coin bins and they shrug it off as this is normal.
I think it's a bit unfair to suggest we don't care. Unlike our competitors, we don't have $3k + annual support requirements, and our customer service is always available Monday through Saturday at no charge. It has never been in our DNA to 'shrug' off a problem, whether it's on us or external factors.

Regarding your HTK, unfortunately any hardware and software is prone to fail. I'm not aware of the specific issues you've had, but if you'd like to reach out to me directly I can get with our service manager and take a look at your account. My email is jmcewan@hamiltonmfg.com.

Expat

Reaction score
I have gone through your account notes today and wanted to follow up.
  • It appears that you purchased the unit used in 2020. It was previously installed at a car wash in Florida.
  • I can track down replacements for three components since you have owned the unit: 1) order for a reconditioned power supply, 2) warranty exchange for a new power supply, 3) order for an IO board.
    To clarify to any forum members reading this post: the power supply and the IO board do not constitute every piece of hardware in the HTK, as was originally insinuated.
  • You did not disclose the condition of the unit when you purchased it in your post. Was there any evidence of flooding, storm damage etc.? There are numerous factors that come into play with a used pay station. Understanding the history of it would be very beneficial if we are to help resolve issues.
I speak on behalf of all employees at Hamilton when I say we value each and every customer we have. I never enjoy hearing about problems and will always do what I can to help find resolutions. However, I must also defend my employer when it is warranted. You have made some strong allegations on a public forum about how we do business that I believe are totally incorrect.

I firmly disagree with your assertions on Hosted Solutions - that is an optional service for anyone using Hamilton products, and we do not treat customers without a subscription any differently to those who do have one.

With that said, we will continue to serve you in exactly the same manner as we treat someone who purchases new equipment or has a Hosted Solutions subscription. I have briefed the Customer Service Manager on your situation, so if you continue to have issues we will be ready and able to assist.

cooll903

Reaction score
yes it was bought used and i have talked with the first owner about what the problems were but, all the parts that have been replaced to date are the controller x2 , IO board x2, power supply x2, distribution panel, new emv card reader, and the bill validator (had it rebuilt cause it was not liking a few bills. that that is just normal wear and tear so.) i also have to have the screen replaced as it is going out but you dont make the old style bonded one so i have to get the new ones with the new door and you dont even have the new ones. i get the whole covid thing but... the only two things that has not been replaced in this is the 2 coin bins and the wash interface. tell me what you would think about a paystation that you had to replace this many parts for in 5 years?

Expat

Reaction score
Did more digging this morning... it turns out that the car wash this unit was originally installed at was struck by lightning in 2018. It was also installed on the coast with direct exposure to the sea air and moisture.

Lightning strikes are particularly problematic from a troubleshooting standpoint as it affects components in bizarre ways. Did the seller disclose this to you when you bought it used?

Last edited:

cooll903

Reaction score
Did more digging this morning... it turns out that the car wash this unit was originally installed at was struck by lightning in 2018. It was also installed on the coast with direct exposure to the sea air and moisture.

Lightning strikes are particularly problematic from a troubleshooting standpoint as it affects components in bizarre ways. Did the seller disclose this to you when you bought it used?
no he did not disclose the lighting strike part. looks like i am eating crow now.

OurTown

Reaction score

Aren't these typically installed with some type of protection from lightning like a surge arrester or protector? It was suggested by my Unitec distributor to do so and I assume Hamilton would be the same. As expensive as these things are I would not want to install one without it.

Expat

Reaction score
Aren't these typically installed with some type of protection from lightning like a surge arrester or protector? It was suggested by my Unitec distributor to do so and I assume Hamilton would be the same. As expensive as these things are I would not want to install one without it.
Let's be real - there's not a lot out there that can stop a lightning strike which equates to about 30,000 amps! HTK has GFI and a CVT, and operators can add additional measures site-wide, but lightning is something else.

chaz

Reaction score
I think it's a bit unfair to suggest we don't care. Unlike our competitors, we don't have $3k + annual support requirements, and our customer service is always available Monday through Saturday at no charge. It has never been in our DNA to 'shrug' off a problem, whether it's on us or external factors.

Regarding your HTK, unfortunately any hardware and software is prone to fail. I'm not aware of the specific issues you've had, but if you'd like to reach out to me directly I can get with our service manager and take a look at your account. My email is jmcewan@hamiltonmfg.com.
yep!!! Very happy with Hamilton

MEP001

Reaction score
Hamilton is so helpful that they changed their message-on-hold for me. One Friday evening I had to make an emergency tech call for a customer and had to listen to the "We apologize for your weight" loop. When the person came on and helped me, then asked if there was anything else they could do, I said "It's not your fault I'm fat." I had to explain what I meant for some reason. The next time I called which was a few months later, they had changed the message to "We apologize for your wait time."

cooll903

Reaction score
their tech support is one of the best at being helpful. my complaint was the the machine itself. i just wish i could get a new screen for mine. i know it is hard right now because of the supply chain being affected by covid. but when you go from 20-25 a day to 5 a day only cause the ones that are using it have memorized the buttons it really hurts.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
when you go from 20-25 a day to 5 a day only cause the ones that are using it have memorized the buttons it really hurts.
Could you make some labels with a labeler and stick them right on the screen? I know it would look like crap, but hard times will make a monkey eat red pepper.

cooll903

Reaction score
Could you make some labels with a labeler and stick them right on the screen? I know it would look like crap, but hard times will make a monkey eat red pepper.
it is hard to do with the emv cc reader you use some of the same buttons as the selections and you have to finish the menu before the cc reader becomes active.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
It sounds like it may be a while until Hamilton gets screens. I was wanting to upgrade an htk to a touchscreen but after finding of the cost and screen shortage I decided to hold off. You ought to buy an acw 5 for nearly nothing, put cryptopay on it, mount on a pedestal temporarily beside htk. Problem solved until you get a screen.

Blanco

Reaction score
Damn Hamilton you didn't have to go so hard on cooll903. I purchased a new HTK in 2019 or 2020 and a new Commander purchased last year. In the HTK I replaced the receipt printer, controller twice, screen two or three times, ingenico card reader, and more that I can't remember. The Commander hopper is a joke as far as capacity and it gives hopper empty warnings even when its full. Called Hamilton and they said its an issue that there working out. That was 6 months ago. On the commander I only replaced the CC talk board and hopper so far within the last year. Expat, your free to do your digging into both those machines lol Let me know what you come up with. On the positive side their tech support is great and when something goes wrong they take care of the issue right away. Maybe Expat should spend more time fixing issues with their machines then going after THEIR CUSTOMERS. Regardless if they bought their machine USED OR NEW. ALSO FYI I was never hit by a "lighting strike" lol

Expat

Reaction score
Damn Hamilton you didn't have to go so hard on cooll903. I purchased a new HTK in 2019 or 2020 and a new Commander purchased last year. In the HTK I replaced the receipt printer, controller twice, screen two or three times, ingenico card reader, and more that I can't remember. The Commander hopper is a joke as far as capacity and it gives hopper empty warnings even when its full. Called Hamilton and they said its an issue that there working out. That was 6 months ago. On the commander I only replaced the CC talk board and hopper so far within the last year. Expat, your free to do your digging into both those machines lol Let me know what you come up with. On the positive side their tech support is great and when something goes wrong they take care of the issue right away. Maybe Expat should spend more time fixing issues with their machines then going after THEIR CUSTOMERS. Regardless if they bought their machine USED OR NEW. ALSO FYI I was never hit by a "lighting strike" lol
Nick - Joe here. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I was responding to accusations about my employer on a public forum by offering facts about the unit in question that could have given him some greater insight into why he was having issues. You might have missed it above, but I also stated that Hamilton will continue to serve you in exactly the same manner as we treat someone who purchases new equipment or has a Hosted Solutions subscription.

Etowah